Raffles Hotels & Resorts Appoints New Regional Vice President of EMEA
General Manager of Raffles Dubai, a luxury property for Dubai holidays, has been promoted to become Regional Vice President of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Peter French will continue his role as the GM for the upscale pyramid-structured property.
Peter French has been appointed as the new Regional Vice President of Europe, Middle East and Africa for Raffles Hotels and Resorts. Mr French is the General Manager for Raffles Dubai, a five-star hotel that provides luxury Dubai holidays for leisure and business travellers from all over the globe.
The hotelier will continue in his role at Raffles Dubai and will also oversee operations for Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris and Raffles Praslin Seychelles, as well as new Raffles properties that are currently under development in EMEA.
President of Raffles Hotels and Resorts, John Johnston, said: “Peter‘s outstanding job in leading the team in Dubai is reflected in the hotel’s impressive performance. He brings a wealth of international luxury experience to Raffles with in-depth background in operations, sales and marketing, human resources, finance, redevelopment, repositioning and transition.
“We are embarking on a new phase of expansion and Peter’s experience in project development will be invaluable. I am delighted to make this appointment.”
Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr French has over 40 years of international luxury hospitality experience and some of his previous roles include General Manager and Vice President of Operations and Development for Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group (1975-1986), and the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, The Sukothai in Bangkok, The Carlyle in New York and Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The GM was previously nominated for “Hotel Manager of the Year” by the American Hotel and Catering Institute and Virtuoso, the Association of American Travel Agents and he is also a Fellow of Hotel Catering and Institutional Management Association.
Raffles Dubai is one of the most luxurious Dubai hotels with a unique pyramid-structure inspired by Egypt’s great Pyramids, and a central location at the heart of the city’s renowned shopping destination, Wafi.
The award-winning hotel boasts upscale accommodation comprising guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and an array of facilities for guests taking Dubai holidays, including ten restaurants and bars, Raffles Amrita Spa, an outdoor swimming pool, the Raffles Botanical Garden, a wellness area with full fitness centre, a library and personalised butler service.
The hotel group plans to open Philippines, Hainan, Indonesia and Maldives hotels in 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...