Raffles Hotels & Resorts Appoints New Regional Vice President of EMEA
General Manager of Raffles Dubai, a luxury property for Dubai holidays, has been promoted to become Regional Vice President of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Peter French will continue his role as the GM for the upscale pyramid-structured property.
Peter French has been appointed as the new Regional Vice President of Europe, Middle East and Africa for Raffles Hotels and Resorts. Mr French is the General Manager for Raffles Dubai, a five-star hotel that provides luxury Dubai holidays for leisure and business travellers from all over the globe.
The hotelier will continue in his role at Raffles Dubai and will also oversee operations for Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris and Raffles Praslin Seychelles, as well as new Raffles properties that are currently under development in EMEA.
President of Raffles Hotels and Resorts, John Johnston, said: “Peter‘s outstanding job in leading the team in Dubai is reflected in the hotel’s impressive performance. He brings a wealth of international luxury experience to Raffles with in-depth background in operations, sales and marketing, human resources, finance, redevelopment, repositioning and transition.
“We are embarking on a new phase of expansion and Peter’s experience in project development will be invaluable. I am delighted to make this appointment.”
Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr French has over 40 years of international luxury hospitality experience and some of his previous roles include General Manager and Vice President of Operations and Development for Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group (1975-1986), and the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, The Sukothai in Bangkok, The Carlyle in New York and Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The GM was previously nominated for “Hotel Manager of the Year” by the American Hotel and Catering Institute and Virtuoso, the Association of American Travel Agents and he is also a Fellow of Hotel Catering and Institutional Management Association.
Raffles Dubai is one of the most luxurious Dubai hotels with a unique pyramid-structure inspired by Egypt’s great Pyramids, and a central location at the heart of the city’s renowned shopping destination, Wafi.
The award-winning hotel boasts upscale accommodation comprising guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and an array of facilities for guests taking Dubai holidays, including ten restaurants and bars, Raffles Amrita Spa, an outdoor swimming pool, the Raffles Botanical Garden, a wellness area with full fitness centre, a library and personalised butler service.
The hotel group plans to open Philippines, Hainan, Indonesia and Maldives hotels in 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...