Raffles Hotels & Resorts Appoints New Regional Vice President of EMEA
General Manager of Raffles Dubai, a luxury property for Dubai holidays, has been promoted to become Regional Vice President of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Peter French will continue his role as the GM for the upscale pyramid-structured property.
Peter French has been appointed as the new Regional Vice President of Europe, Middle East and Africa for Raffles Hotels and Resorts. Mr French is the General Manager for Raffles Dubai, a five-star hotel that provides luxury Dubai holidays for leisure and business travellers from all over the globe.
The hotelier will continue in his role at Raffles Dubai and will also oversee operations for Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris and Raffles Praslin Seychelles, as well as new Raffles properties that are currently under development in EMEA.
President of Raffles Hotels and Resorts, John Johnston, said: “Peter‘s outstanding job in leading the team in Dubai is reflected in the hotel’s impressive performance. He brings a wealth of international luxury experience to Raffles with in-depth background in operations, sales and marketing, human resources, finance, redevelopment, repositioning and transition.
“We are embarking on a new phase of expansion and Peter’s experience in project development will be invaluable. I am delighted to make this appointment.”
Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr French has over 40 years of international luxury hospitality experience and some of his previous roles include General Manager and Vice President of Operations and Development for Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group (1975-1986), and the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, The Sukothai in Bangkok, The Carlyle in New York and Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The GM was previously nominated for “Hotel Manager of the Year” by the American Hotel and Catering Institute and Virtuoso, the Association of American Travel Agents and he is also a Fellow of Hotel Catering and Institutional Management Association.
Raffles Dubai is one of the most luxurious Dubai hotels with a unique pyramid-structure inspired by Egypt’s great Pyramids, and a central location at the heart of the city’s renowned shopping destination, Wafi.
The award-winning hotel boasts upscale accommodation comprising guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and an array of facilities for guests taking Dubai holidays, including ten restaurants and bars, Raffles Amrita Spa, an outdoor swimming pool, the Raffles Botanical Garden, a wellness area with full fitness centre, a library and personalised butler service.
The hotel group plans to open Philippines, Hainan, Indonesia and Maldives hotels in 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...