Raffles Hotels & Resorts Appoints New Regional Vice President of EMEA
General Manager of Raffles Dubai, a luxury property for Dubai holidays, has been promoted to become Regional Vice President of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Peter French will continue his role as the GM for the upscale pyramid-structured property.
Peter French has been appointed as the new Regional Vice President of Europe, Middle East and Africa for Raffles Hotels and Resorts. Mr French is the General Manager for Raffles Dubai, a five-star hotel that provides luxury Dubai holidays for leisure and business travellers from all over the globe.
The hotelier will continue in his role at Raffles Dubai and will also oversee operations for Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris and Raffles Praslin Seychelles, as well as new Raffles properties that are currently under development in EMEA.
President of Raffles Hotels and Resorts, John Johnston, said: “Peter‘s outstanding job in leading the team in Dubai is reflected in the hotel’s impressive performance. He brings a wealth of international luxury experience to Raffles with in-depth background in operations, sales and marketing, human resources, finance, redevelopment, repositioning and transition.
“We are embarking on a new phase of expansion and Peter’s experience in project development will be invaluable. I am delighted to make this appointment.”
Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr French has over 40 years of international luxury hospitality experience and some of his previous roles include General Manager and Vice President of Operations and Development for Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group (1975-1986), and the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, The Sukothai in Bangkok, The Carlyle in New York and Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The GM was previously nominated for “Hotel Manager of the Year” by the American Hotel and Catering Institute and Virtuoso, the Association of American Travel Agents and he is also a Fellow of Hotel Catering and Institutional Management Association.
Raffles Dubai is one of the most luxurious Dubai hotels with a unique pyramid-structure inspired by Egypt’s great Pyramids, and a central location at the heart of the city’s renowned shopping destination, Wafi.
The award-winning hotel boasts upscale accommodation comprising guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and an array of facilities for guests taking Dubai holidays, including ten restaurants and bars, Raffles Amrita Spa, an outdoor swimming pool, the Raffles Botanical Garden, a wellness area with full fitness centre, a library and personalised butler service.
The hotel group plans to open Philippines, Hainan, Indonesia and Maldives hotels in 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...