Delta-Marazul to commence Cuba flights on 1st October 2011
From 1st October, 2011, a joint venture between Marazul and Delta Air Lines will be providing flights for Cuba holidays for American travellers. The Delta-Marazul partnership will offer five weekly Cuba flights from 3 U.S airports to Havana and Camaguey.
Marazul charter and travel agency and Delta Air Lines Inc. have entered into a joint venture that will provide American travellers with organised flights and trips to Cuba from next month.
The new partnership will offer flights to Cuba holidays for American tourists with a choice of five weekly flights from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Miami International Airport, and New York JFK Airport to Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport and Camaguey’s Ignacio Agramonte International Airport (CMW) on the Caribbean island.
Marazul and Delta Air Lines will be launching three weekly Cuba flights between Miami International Airport and Havana on Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and two weekly flights to Camaguey on Wednesdays and Saturdays, starting on 1st October, 2011.
From 1st November, 2011, two additional flights to Cuba will be added to the Miami-Havana schedule, enabling American travellers to choose from five weekly flights when planning their Cuba holidays. The Marazul-Delta venture will launch weekly flights between New York JFK and Havana on 6th November and weekly flights between Atlanta and Havana from 7th December.
American passengers taking holidays to Cuba aboard Marazul and Delta’s fleet will travel to the island on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with 158 seats, of which 16 are in first class.
Other U.S airports that have been granted permission to operate flights taking passengers to holidays in Cuba include Tampa, Los Angeles, Baltimore/Washington International, Dallas/Fort Worth, New Orleans, Chicago O'Hare, Pittsburgh and San Juan.
The changes in legislation on Cuba travel came after President Obama announced earlier this year that his administration would be relaxing restrictions on the ongoing decades-long travel embargo.
The new law allows American citizens to travel to Cuba for religious, academic, cultural, educational, agricultural or professional purposes.
Marazul has said that it expects approximately 400,000 U.S. travellers to visit the island legally in 2011, compared to the 324,000 who visited last year.
Havana is Cuba’s capital city and is rich in history, culture and character. The city attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from all over the world every year who come to explore Havana’s famous architecture, attractions, museums and restaurants.
Camaguey is located in central Cuba and is a fantastic gateway to the southern and northern coasts of the island. The city is full of alleyways and winding streets and boasts a number of museums and historic attractions such as the Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria, Plaza San Juan de Dios and the Casino Campestre park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...