Delta-Marazul to commence Cuba flights on 1st October 2011
From 1st October, 2011, a joint venture between Marazul and Delta Air Lines will be providing flights for Cuba holidays for American travellers. The Delta-Marazul partnership will offer five weekly Cuba flights from 3 U.S airports to Havana and Camaguey.
Marazul charter and travel agency and Delta Air Lines Inc. have entered into a joint venture that will provide American travellers with organised flights and trips to Cuba from next month.
The new partnership will offer flights to Cuba holidays for American tourists with a choice of five weekly flights from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Miami International Airport, and New York JFK Airport to Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport and Camaguey’s Ignacio Agramonte International Airport (CMW) on the Caribbean island.
Marazul and Delta Air Lines will be launching three weekly Cuba flights between Miami International Airport and Havana on Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and two weekly flights to Camaguey on Wednesdays and Saturdays, starting on 1st October, 2011.
From 1st November, 2011, two additional flights to Cuba will be added to the Miami-Havana schedule, enabling American travellers to choose from five weekly flights when planning their Cuba holidays. The Marazul-Delta venture will launch weekly flights between New York JFK and Havana on 6th November and weekly flights between Atlanta and Havana from 7th December.
American passengers taking holidays to Cuba aboard Marazul and Delta’s fleet will travel to the island on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with 158 seats, of which 16 are in first class.
Other U.S airports that have been granted permission to operate flights taking passengers to holidays in Cuba include Tampa, Los Angeles, Baltimore/Washington International, Dallas/Fort Worth, New Orleans, Chicago O'Hare, Pittsburgh and San Juan.
The changes in legislation on Cuba travel came after President Obama announced earlier this year that his administration would be relaxing restrictions on the ongoing decades-long travel embargo.
The new law allows American citizens to travel to Cuba for religious, academic, cultural, educational, agricultural or professional purposes.
Marazul has said that it expects approximately 400,000 U.S. travellers to visit the island legally in 2011, compared to the 324,000 who visited last year.
Havana is Cuba’s capital city and is rich in history, culture and character. The city attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from all over the world every year who come to explore Havana’s famous architecture, attractions, museums and restaurants.
Camaguey is located in central Cuba and is a fantastic gateway to the southern and northern coasts of the island. The city is full of alleyways and winding streets and boasts a number of museums and historic attractions such as the Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria, Plaza San Juan de Dios and the Casino Campestre park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...