Delta-Marazul to commence Cuba flights on 1st October 2011
From 1st October, 2011, a joint venture between Marazul and Delta Air Lines will be providing flights for Cuba holidays for American travellers. The Delta-Marazul partnership will offer five weekly Cuba flights from 3 U.S airports to Havana and Camaguey.
Marazul charter and travel agency and Delta Air Lines Inc. have entered into a joint venture that will provide American travellers with organised flights and trips to Cuba from next month.
The new partnership will offer flights to Cuba holidays for American tourists with a choice of five weekly flights from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Miami International Airport, and New York JFK Airport to Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport and Camaguey’s Ignacio Agramonte International Airport (CMW) on the Caribbean island.
Marazul and Delta Air Lines will be launching three weekly Cuba flights between Miami International Airport and Havana on Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and two weekly flights to Camaguey on Wednesdays and Saturdays, starting on 1st October, 2011.
From 1st November, 2011, two additional flights to Cuba will be added to the Miami-Havana schedule, enabling American travellers to choose from five weekly flights when planning their Cuba holidays. The Marazul-Delta venture will launch weekly flights between New York JFK and Havana on 6th November and weekly flights between Atlanta and Havana from 7th December.
American passengers taking holidays to Cuba aboard Marazul and Delta’s fleet will travel to the island on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with 158 seats, of which 16 are in first class.
Other U.S airports that have been granted permission to operate flights taking passengers to holidays in Cuba include Tampa, Los Angeles, Baltimore/Washington International, Dallas/Fort Worth, New Orleans, Chicago O'Hare, Pittsburgh and San Juan.
The changes in legislation on Cuba travel came after President Obama announced earlier this year that his administration would be relaxing restrictions on the ongoing decades-long travel embargo.
The new law allows American citizens to travel to Cuba for religious, academic, cultural, educational, agricultural or professional purposes.
Marazul has said that it expects approximately 400,000 U.S. travellers to visit the island legally in 2011, compared to the 324,000 who visited last year.
Havana is Cuba’s capital city and is rich in history, culture and character. The city attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from all over the world every year who come to explore Havana’s famous architecture, attractions, museums and restaurants.
Camaguey is located in central Cuba and is a fantastic gateway to the southern and northern coasts of the island. The city is full of alleyways and winding streets and boasts a number of museums and historic attractions such as the Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria, Plaza San Juan de Dios and the Casino Campestre park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...