New Soufriere Health and Wellness Retreat to Launch in November
Tourists planning healthy St Lucia holidays will be able to enjoy a selection of activities in November, 2011 as the island launches its first Health & Wellness Retreat. The retreat will take place in the idyllic town of Soufriere and will last four days
A new four-day Health & Wellness Retreat will be launched in November in St Lucia bringing together experts in yoga, lifestyle coaching and nutrition to offer an exclusive wellbeing package to visitors.
The retreat event will take place in the picturesque town of Soufriere from 17th-20th November, 2011 and will include plenty of activities for travellers taking wellbeing St Lucia holidays.
During Caribbean holidays on the tropical island, visitors will be able to take part in yoga and feng shui workshops, photography and art and pottery classes, or explore the natural landscapes by hiking up the majestic Piton Mountains, cycling, bird-watching, kayaking, scuba diving and snorkelling in the warm crystal-clear ocean waters.
Participants can enjoy an interactive lunch with local chef demonstrations and delicious healthy and locally sourced cuisine.
Visitors looking to indulge in a spa experience can head to the famous drive-in Soufriere Volcano and relax in the therapeutic warm mineral and mud baths.
Lyton Lamontagne from The Soufriere Foundation, said: “Soufriere is quickly emerging as a preferred health and wellness destination, with its picturesque landscape, spiritual Piton Mountains, the therapeutic benefits of the mineral springs and mud baths, and the many world-class spas in the area.”
Tickets for the four-day event cost US$1000 and travellers will receive a US$200 discount for St Lucia holidays booked before 15th October, 2011. Many luxury St Lucia hotels and resorts are offering special packages that coincide with the Health & Wellness Retreat and participating properties include the Hummingbird Beach Resort, Hotel Chocolat, Stonefield Estate Villa Resort & Spa, La Haut Plantation, Fond Doux Plantation Resort, Anse Chastanet Resort, Jalousie Plantation and Still Beach House.
The retreat will feature a series of seminars from leading wellness industry experts such as Iyengar Yoga’s John Schumacher, Feng Shui consultant William Spear, and Dr. Stephen Brewer, the Medical Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona.
Soufriere is situated on the west coast of St Lucia and boasts some of the Caribbean’s finest landscapes including the two Pitons which are located south of the town; lush tropical rainforests with beautiful cascading waterfalls; and pristine white sand beaches fringed by turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...