Seychelles Success Helped by Close Relationship with Global Press
The rise in Seychelles holidays is said to be partly due to the support of the worldwide press. Hundreds of publications, TV and radio shows across the world have praised the Indian Ocean destination as one of the most idyllic spots for luxury breaks.
The Seychelles tourism industry is thriving and its success is said to have been helped along the way by press from all across the world.
The number of travellers taking Seychelles holidays over recent years has significantly increased and the destination has become a hotspot after being highlighted by the media in many countries.
Over a year ago, the Seychelles launched the Friends of Seychelles – Press Club which keeps its exclusive members informed of what's going on in the Indian Ocean island nation.
This month’s Friends of Seychelles – Press Club’s newsletter highlighted the islands' ongoing visibility in the world’s publications including the “Luxury Travel & Style Magazine that dedicated eight glossy pages to the beautiful Indian Ocean destination, and the United Arab Emirates’ “Al Bayan” newspaper which dedicated a full page in its business section to the Seychelles.
The newsletter also included a calendar of events for the islands in 2012 which is aimed at increasing the country’s visibility and encouraging more tourists to book holidays to the Seychelles next year.
In a meeting with Al Bayan newspaper staff during a recent visit to Dubai, the Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange, said that he believed it was vital to meet with members of the press to ensure that the Seychelles were visible in all of its main tourism markets.
Despite being featured in the news recently following rare shark attacks, the collection of idyllic islands continue to be a popular destination for luxury holidays.
During Seychelles holidays, tourists can dive beneath the surface of warm turquoise crystal-clear waters and explore the stunning coral reefs and spectacular marine species such as sea turtles, dolphins and colourful fish.
Situated northeast of Madagascar, Mauritius and the Maldives, the archipelago is made up of 115 beautiful islands in the sparkling Indian Ocean.
Tourists taking holidays in the Seychelles can enjoy white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush green rolling hills and forests, turquoise ocean waters and lagoons, in addition to several attractions and sites including Cousin Island which is home to over 300,000 birds.
The islands boast luxurious Seychelles hotels and resorts, over-water villas, and beach villas and bungalows with gourmet restaurants, lavish spas and modern amenities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan' coastline the Castello Beach Hotel is an all-year-round...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....