Norwegian Cruise Line to return to Jamaica from October
Norwegian Cruise Line will once again be operating Jamaica holidays for travellers after a six-year break. Two of the cruise line's vessels, the Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Sun, will be calling at Ocho Rios from October, 2011.
After taking a six-year break from Jamaica, Norwegian Cruise Line will be returning to the Caribbean island from next month.
Passengers will once again be able to take Jamaica holidays aboard two Norwegian Cruise Line vessels with the first call of the year scheduled to be Ocho Rios on 19th October, 2011.
The Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Sun will both be calling at the Jamaican port during the 2011/2012 season with a total of 34 scheduled calls.
Throughout the entire season, the two ships will bring an estimated 68,000 passengers to Jamaica holidays where they can enjoy warm hospitality, delicious Caribbean cuisine, a warm tropical climate and beautiful white sand beaches.
Royal Caribbean International has recently moved their ships from Ocho Rios to the brand new port of Falmouth in Jamaica due to financial interest. Norwegian Cruise Line will be sharing Ocho Rios with Carnival Cruise Lines who operate year-round cruises to the port.
Located on the northern coast of Jamaica, Ocho Rios is one of the main ports of call for cruise liners providing Caribbean holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The Caribbean island of Jamaica is rich in culture, music, history and tourist attractions such as Dunn’s River Falls, the Blue Mountains, the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, and the renowned Seven Mile Beach in Negril.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba, the tropical island boasts luxury Jamaica hotels and resorts with leading brands such as Sandals Resorts, Hilton Worldwide, Ritz-Carlton and Iberostar operating properties surrounded by beautiful natural surroundings.
During holidays in Jamaica, tourists can engage in some fascinating scuba diving adventures beneath the surface of turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters to breathtaking underwater sites where they can explore sunken wrecks, colourful coral reefs and an array of marine species.
Norwegian Cruise Line has been operating Caribbean cruises since 1966 and to date, the company has eleven ships in its fleet.
The Norwegian Pearl has staterooms and suites for 2,394 passengers and facilities including a bowling alley, rock climbing wall, 16 restaurants and cafes, 13 bars and lounges, a casino, South Pacific Spa, swimming pools, and a fitness centre.
The Norwegian Sun has recently undergone multi-million-dollar renovations and offers staterooms and suites for 1,936 passengers, a theatre, 14 gourmet restaurants and cafes, 10 bars and lounges, a modern fitness centre, a kids centre, swimming pools and hot tubs, the Body Waves Spa, and the Sun Club Casino.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...