Norwegian Cruise Line to return to Jamaica from October
Norwegian Cruise Line will once again be operating Jamaica holidays for travellers after a six-year break. Two of the cruise line's vessels, the Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Sun, will be calling at Ocho Rios from October, 2011.
After taking a six-year break from Jamaica, Norwegian Cruise Line will be returning to the Caribbean island from next month.
Passengers will once again be able to take Jamaica holidays aboard two Norwegian Cruise Line vessels with the first call of the year scheduled to be Ocho Rios on 19th October, 2011.
The Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Sun will both be calling at the Jamaican port during the 2011/2012 season with a total of 34 scheduled calls.
Throughout the entire season, the two ships will bring an estimated 68,000 passengers to Jamaica holidays where they can enjoy warm hospitality, delicious Caribbean cuisine, a warm tropical climate and beautiful white sand beaches.
Royal Caribbean International has recently moved their ships from Ocho Rios to the brand new port of Falmouth in Jamaica due to financial interest. Norwegian Cruise Line will be sharing Ocho Rios with Carnival Cruise Lines who operate year-round cruises to the port.
Located on the northern coast of Jamaica, Ocho Rios is one of the main ports of call for cruise liners providing Caribbean holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The Caribbean island of Jamaica is rich in culture, music, history and tourist attractions such as Dunn’s River Falls, the Blue Mountains, the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, and the renowned Seven Mile Beach in Negril.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba, the tropical island boasts luxury Jamaica hotels and resorts with leading brands such as Sandals Resorts, Hilton Worldwide, Ritz-Carlton and Iberostar operating properties surrounded by beautiful natural surroundings.
During holidays in Jamaica, tourists can engage in some fascinating scuba diving adventures beneath the surface of turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters to breathtaking underwater sites where they can explore sunken wrecks, colourful coral reefs and an array of marine species.
Norwegian Cruise Line has been operating Caribbean cruises since 1966 and to date, the company has eleven ships in its fleet.
The Norwegian Pearl has staterooms and suites for 2,394 passengers and facilities including a bowling alley, rock climbing wall, 16 restaurants and cafes, 13 bars and lounges, a casino, South Pacific Spa, swimming pools, and a fitness centre.
The Norwegian Sun has recently undergone multi-million-dollar renovations and offers staterooms and suites for 1,936 passengers, a theatre, 14 gourmet restaurants and cafes, 10 bars and lounges, a modern fitness centre, a kids centre, swimming pools and hot tubs, the Body Waves Spa, and the Sun Club Casino.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...