Air Seychelles unveils new colourful logo and livery
Air Seychelles has unveiled its brand new logo and livery just days after the announcement of a new CEO and Board of Directors. The re-branding highlights the importance of the country's ecosystem and environment to passengers taking Seychelles holidays.
Following the recent appointment of Bram Steller as its new Chief Executive, Air Seychelles has revealed its brand new logo and livery as part of the airline’s major rebranding project.
Travellers taking Seychelles holidays on the airline’s fleet of aircraft will be able to see the new logo and livery which represents the importance of the country’s beautiful environment and ecosystem.
Executive Chairman and former CEO of Air Seychelles, Maurice Loustau Lalanne, explained: “The airline’s new livery and logo is based on the nature and the magnificent ecosystem that Seychelles boasts and is the muse behind the creation of the logo which is a fluid organic shape, like that of a leaf, has been adopted to signal our support for a greener Seychelles, and a greener Earth.”
The project was led by Hazel Ho Peng who explained how the different tones of red and green colours focused on nature, while continuing to use the pair of Fairy Terns that had been the airline’s trademark for years.
She said: “The pair of Fairy Terns, softened into an abstracted and flowing silhouette, is the primary visual symbol of Air Seychelles. Fairy Terns pair for life, and is a compelling manifestation of not only beauty, elegance, nature and flight, but of loyalty, unity and freedom.
“The word “air” is a lighter blue to signify the sky, while “Seychelles” is a darker blue, to signify the ocean. The colours used are commonly associated with The Seychelles- blue, green, red and white.”
Passengers will be able to see the new logo and livery on flights to the Seychelles as the rebrand is incorporated throughout the airline’s fleet of aircraft. the “Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Resort” in the 2010 World Travel Awards and like many other Seychelles hotels, the North Island Resort follows strict environmental policies.
Ho Peng added: “The striking colours with the abstracted images of the birds and leaves are aimed at evoking the Seychelles’ Creole spirit, which brings us to our tagline, “Flying the Creole Spirit”.
“The Creole Spirit is the ‘experience of Seychelles in a nutshell’ and it embodies a distinct approach to, and celebration of, life that is unique to the Seychelles Islands. Evoking the sights, sounds and fragrances of Seychelles, it captures the spontaneous joie-de-vivre, passion and natural warmth of the Seychellois people and echoes an authentic and exotic island life rooted in a multi-ethnic unity and family values. It is a timeless way of living, in harmony with nature”.
The nation’s national carrier has seen a rise in travellers booking Seychelles flights since Prince William and his new bride Kate enjoyed their honeymoon earlier this year in the idyllic island destination.
The royal couple stayed in the North Island resort which was voted the “Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Resort” in the 2010 World Travel Awards and like many other Seychelles hotels, the North Island Resort follows strict environmental policies.
During his honeymoon Prince William told staff of his unforgettable experience in the luxurious £4,000 per night resort: “One of the main reasons we came here was because it’s a country that looks after its own environment, which is something that is close to my own heart.”
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the country is made up of an archipelago of 115 picturesque islands. During Seychelles holidays, tourists can relax on pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches; swim, snorkel and scuba dive in warm turquoise crystal-clear waters; and luxuriate in upscale spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...