Air Seychelles unveils new colourful logo and livery
Air Seychelles has unveiled its brand new logo and livery just days after the announcement of a new CEO and Board of Directors. The re-branding highlights the importance of the country's ecosystem and environment to passengers taking Seychelles holidays.
Following the recent appointment of Bram Steller as its new Chief Executive, Air Seychelles has revealed its brand new logo and livery as part of the airline’s major rebranding project.
Travellers taking Seychelles holidays on the airline’s fleet of aircraft will be able to see the new logo and livery which represents the importance of the country’s beautiful environment and ecosystem.
Executive Chairman and former CEO of Air Seychelles, Maurice Loustau Lalanne, explained: “The airline’s new livery and logo is based on the nature and the magnificent ecosystem that Seychelles boasts and is the muse behind the creation of the logo which is a fluid organic shape, like that of a leaf, has been adopted to signal our support for a greener Seychelles, and a greener Earth.”
The project was led by Hazel Ho Peng who explained how the different tones of red and green colours focused on nature, while continuing to use the pair of Fairy Terns that had been the airline’s trademark for years.
She said: “The pair of Fairy Terns, softened into an abstracted and flowing silhouette, is the primary visual symbol of Air Seychelles. Fairy Terns pair for life, and is a compelling manifestation of not only beauty, elegance, nature and flight, but of loyalty, unity and freedom.
“The word “air” is a lighter blue to signify the sky, while “Seychelles” is a darker blue, to signify the ocean. The colours used are commonly associated with The Seychelles- blue, green, red and white.”
Passengers will be able to see the new logo and livery on flights to the Seychelles as the rebrand is incorporated throughout the airline’s fleet of aircraft. the “Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Resort” in the 2010 World Travel Awards and like many other Seychelles hotels, the North Island Resort follows strict environmental policies.
Ho Peng added: “The striking colours with the abstracted images of the birds and leaves are aimed at evoking the Seychelles’ Creole spirit, which brings us to our tagline, “Flying the Creole Spirit”.
“The Creole Spirit is the ‘experience of Seychelles in a nutshell’ and it embodies a distinct approach to, and celebration of, life that is unique to the Seychelles Islands. Evoking the sights, sounds and fragrances of Seychelles, it captures the spontaneous joie-de-vivre, passion and natural warmth of the Seychellois people and echoes an authentic and exotic island life rooted in a multi-ethnic unity and family values. It is a timeless way of living, in harmony with nature”.
The nation’s national carrier has seen a rise in travellers booking Seychelles flights since Prince William and his new bride Kate enjoyed their honeymoon earlier this year in the idyllic island destination.
The royal couple stayed in the North Island resort which was voted the “Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Resort” in the 2010 World Travel Awards and like many other Seychelles hotels, the North Island Resort follows strict environmental policies.
During his honeymoon Prince William told staff of his unforgettable experience in the luxurious £4,000 per night resort: “One of the main reasons we came here was because it’s a country that looks after its own environment, which is something that is close to my own heart.”
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the country is made up of an archipelago of 115 picturesque islands. During Seychelles holidays, tourists can relax on pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches; swim, snorkel and scuba dive in warm turquoise crystal-clear waters; and luxuriate in upscale spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...