Etihad Airways to sponsor F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix for further four years
The national airline of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways, has signed an agreement extending the sponsorship of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix for further four years. The airline specialises in providing flights for Abu Dhabi holidays and to other global destinations.
Etihad Airways has signed a four-year agreement extending its sponsorship of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix until 2015. The airline provides flights for Abu Dhabi holidays from worldwide destinations, as well as services to over 70 cities across 46 countries. Etihad Airways has been the major sponsor for the Formula One event in the United Arab Emirate since its first race in 2009.
This year's race will see hundreds of Formula One fans taking Abu Dhabi holidays in November so that they can see the races live at the Yas Marina Circuit. Chief Executive of Etihad Airways, James Hogan, and the Formula One Group Chief, Bernie Ecclestone signed the multi-million dollar deal.
Hogan said: "This sponsorship extension goes against the current commercial trend of shorter sponsorship terms and demonstrates our long-term commitment to Formula One.
"We have seen that F1 is a highly effective vehicle, no pun intended, for promoting the values of the Etihad brand and showcasing our home city of Abu Dhabi to a massive global audience. The additional four year term also allows us to strengthen our footprint with F1 and leverage our investment in their global platform more strategically."
The Formula One event will be taking place from 11th-13th November, 2011 at the Yas Marina Track on the manmade Yas Island which is located approximately 30 minutes from the centre of Abu Dhabi. The track is almost 3.5 miles long with 21 bends and runs past the marina, through one of the most unique Abu Dhabi hotels - the Yas Marina Hotel - and along sand dunes.
Bernie Ecclestone commented: "The Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix has been an immense success for Etihad, Abu Dhabi and for Formula One, bringing the airline and destination to an estimate worldwide audience of more than 500 million F1 fans.
"The influx of visitors travelling to Abu Dhabi also brings a direct economic benefit, with over 20,000 people pouring into the UAE for the event, representing tens of millions of dollars for the local tourism industry."
Etihad Airways will promote the Formula One racing event through its marketing campaigns and the airline operates two F1-branded aircraft to destinations across the world. One of these specially-decorated aircraft will do a flyover of the Yas Marina Circuit to officially open the this year's races in Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways is Abu Dhabi's national carrier and its success in providing flights for holidays to Abu Dhabi and cities worldwide has been recognised by the World Travel Awards after it was recently voted as the World's Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...