England Cricket Captain Cricketer Strauss Invests in St Lucia Villa
After beating India and taking the team to the top spot in world cricket, England cricket captain, Andrew Strauss, has focused all his attention on enjoying his St Lucia holidays as he invests on a £50,000 luxury villa on the idyllic Caribbean island.
Captain of the England cricket team, Andrew Strauss, has celebrated the team’s win against India last month by investing £50,000 into a share of a two-bedroom villa within a five-star hotel development in St Lucia.
After setting up the Andrew Strauss Cricket Academy on the island, Strauss has now set his sights on investing in the burgeoning St Lucia holidays market at the Freedom Bay development on the west coast.
The cricketer received a below list price for his share because he bought it early under a fractional ownership scheme. He will only be able to take St Lucia holidays at the villa for two weeks a year but he could receive an eight per cent return if he lets it out to tourists the rest of the time.
While most celebrities opt for the island of Barbados for their luxury Caribbean holidays, Strauss prefers the idyllic and private surroundings of St Lucia.
“I could have gone for Barbados,” Strauss explained. “It is certainly an island I love. But St Lucia is more unspoilt and offers greater privacy. I want somewhere I can go and relax in peace with my family.”
As an ambassador of Freedom Bay, Strauss is helping to launch the development which includes a luxury hotel, spa resort, and private residences situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the majestic Pitons volcanoes.
“The setting could hardly be better, while the people are among the friendliest in the Caribbean,” added Strauss.
The luxury villas are priced just over £880,000, and owners will benefit from their own private swimming pools and full use of the hotel’s concierge service.
“I haven’t spent ages agonising over whether this was the best possible way to invest my money,” said Strauss. “At the end of the day, you just have to go with your gut instinct on these things. But I hope I have chosen wisely.
“I simply want a place where I can chill with my family from time to time. This secluded corner of St Lucia seemed the perfect place to do that.”
The island has experienced an increase in the number of upscale St Lucia hotels and resorts with developments including Sugar Beach, Six Senses and Sandals.
The beautiful island boasts white sand beaches, turquoise warm ocean waters, lush green hills, gourmet Caribbean cuisine and friendly locals.
During holidays to St Lucia, tourists can visit the drive-through volcano; take trips to banana plantations; climb the Gros Piton volcano; explore 19,000 acres of lush rainforests; and enjoy watersports such as windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- Early Booking discount now extended
- All Inclusive Beachfront Resort with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe
- Overlooking Choc Bay and perfect for families where Kids stay and eat free, have access to a Kids pool and kids club
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...