England Cricket Captain Cricketer Strauss Invests in St Lucia Villa
After beating India and taking the team to the top spot in world cricket, England cricket captain, Andrew Strauss, has focused all his attention on enjoying his St Lucia holidays as he invests on a £50,000 luxury villa on the idyllic Caribbean island.
Captain of the England cricket team, Andrew Strauss, has celebrated the team’s win against India last month by investing £50,000 into a share of a two-bedroom villa within a five-star hotel development in St Lucia.
After setting up the Andrew Strauss Cricket Academy on the island, Strauss has now set his sights on investing in the burgeoning St Lucia holidays market at the Freedom Bay development on the west coast.
The cricketer received a below list price for his share because he bought it early under a fractional ownership scheme. He will only be able to take St Lucia holidays at the villa for two weeks a year but he could receive an eight per cent return if he lets it out to tourists the rest of the time.
While most celebrities opt for the island of Barbados for their luxury Caribbean holidays, Strauss prefers the idyllic and private surroundings of St Lucia.
“I could have gone for Barbados,” Strauss explained. “It is certainly an island I love. But St Lucia is more unspoilt and offers greater privacy. I want somewhere I can go and relax in peace with my family.”
As an ambassador of Freedom Bay, Strauss is helping to launch the development which includes a luxury hotel, spa resort, and private residences situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the majestic Pitons volcanoes.
“The setting could hardly be better, while the people are among the friendliest in the Caribbean,” added Strauss.
The luxury villas are priced just over £880,000, and owners will benefit from their own private swimming pools and full use of the hotel’s concierge service.
“I haven’t spent ages agonising over whether this was the best possible way to invest my money,” said Strauss. “At the end of the day, you just have to go with your gut instinct on these things. But I hope I have chosen wisely.
“I simply want a place where I can chill with my family from time to time. This secluded corner of St Lucia seemed the perfect place to do that.”
The island has experienced an increase in the number of upscale St Lucia hotels and resorts with developments including Sugar Beach, Six Senses and Sandals.
The beautiful island boasts white sand beaches, turquoise warm ocean waters, lush green hills, gourmet Caribbean cuisine and friendly locals.
During holidays to St Lucia, tourists can visit the drive-through volcano; take trips to banana plantations; climb the Gros Piton volcano; explore 19,000 acres of lush rainforests; and enjoy watersports such as windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...