England Cricket Captain Cricketer Strauss Invests in St Lucia Villa
After beating India and taking the team to the top spot in world cricket, England cricket captain, Andrew Strauss, has focused all his attention on enjoying his St Lucia holidays as he invests on a £50,000 luxury villa on the idyllic Caribbean island.
Captain of the England cricket team, Andrew Strauss, has celebrated the team’s win against India last month by investing £50,000 into a share of a two-bedroom villa within a five-star hotel development in St Lucia.
After setting up the Andrew Strauss Cricket Academy on the island, Strauss has now set his sights on investing in the burgeoning St Lucia holidays market at the Freedom Bay development on the west coast.
The cricketer received a below list price for his share because he bought it early under a fractional ownership scheme. He will only be able to take St Lucia holidays at the villa for two weeks a year but he could receive an eight per cent return if he lets it out to tourists the rest of the time.
While most celebrities opt for the island of Barbados for their luxury Caribbean holidays, Strauss prefers the idyllic and private surroundings of St Lucia.
“I could have gone for Barbados,” Strauss explained. “It is certainly an island I love. But St Lucia is more unspoilt and offers greater privacy. I want somewhere I can go and relax in peace with my family.”
As an ambassador of Freedom Bay, Strauss is helping to launch the development which includes a luxury hotel, spa resort, and private residences situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the majestic Pitons volcanoes.
“The setting could hardly be better, while the people are among the friendliest in the Caribbean,” added Strauss.
The luxury villas are priced just over £880,000, and owners will benefit from their own private swimming pools and full use of the hotel’s concierge service.
“I haven’t spent ages agonising over whether this was the best possible way to invest my money,” said Strauss. “At the end of the day, you just have to go with your gut instinct on these things. But I hope I have chosen wisely.
“I simply want a place where I can chill with my family from time to time. This secluded corner of St Lucia seemed the perfect place to do that.”
The island has experienced an increase in the number of upscale St Lucia hotels and resorts with developments including Sugar Beach, Six Senses and Sandals.
The beautiful island boasts white sand beaches, turquoise warm ocean waters, lush green hills, gourmet Caribbean cuisine and friendly locals.
During holidays to St Lucia, tourists can visit the drive-through volcano; take trips to banana plantations; climb the Gros Piton volcano; explore 19,000 acres of lush rainforests; and enjoy watersports such as windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...