England Cricket Captain Cricketer Strauss Invests in St Lucia Villa
After beating India and taking the team to the top spot in world cricket, England cricket captain, Andrew Strauss, has focused all his attention on enjoying his St Lucia holidays as he invests on a £50,000 luxury villa on the idyllic Caribbean island.
Captain of the England cricket team, Andrew Strauss, has celebrated the team’s win against India last month by investing £50,000 into a share of a two-bedroom villa within a five-star hotel development in St Lucia.
After setting up the Andrew Strauss Cricket Academy on the island, Strauss has now set his sights on investing in the burgeoning St Lucia holidays market at the Freedom Bay development on the west coast.
The cricketer received a below list price for his share because he bought it early under a fractional ownership scheme. He will only be able to take St Lucia holidays at the villa for two weeks a year but he could receive an eight per cent return if he lets it out to tourists the rest of the time.
While most celebrities opt for the island of Barbados for their luxury Caribbean holidays, Strauss prefers the idyllic and private surroundings of St Lucia.
“I could have gone for Barbados,” Strauss explained. “It is certainly an island I love. But St Lucia is more unspoilt and offers greater privacy. I want somewhere I can go and relax in peace with my family.”
As an ambassador of Freedom Bay, Strauss is helping to launch the development which includes a luxury hotel, spa resort, and private residences situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the majestic Pitons volcanoes.
“The setting could hardly be better, while the people are among the friendliest in the Caribbean,” added Strauss.
The luxury villas are priced just over £880,000, and owners will benefit from their own private swimming pools and full use of the hotel’s concierge service.
“I haven’t spent ages agonising over whether this was the best possible way to invest my money,” said Strauss. “At the end of the day, you just have to go with your gut instinct on these things. But I hope I have chosen wisely.
“I simply want a place where I can chill with my family from time to time. This secluded corner of St Lucia seemed the perfect place to do that.”
The island has experienced an increase in the number of upscale St Lucia hotels and resorts with developments including Sugar Beach, Six Senses and Sandals.
The beautiful island boasts white sand beaches, turquoise warm ocean waters, lush green hills, gourmet Caribbean cuisine and friendly locals.
During holidays to St Lucia, tourists can visit the drive-through volcano; take trips to banana plantations; climb the Gros Piton volcano; explore 19,000 acres of lush rainforests; and enjoy watersports such as windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Discounted Special offer on All Inclusive which includes six complimentary passes to Splash Island Water Park and access to the dine around program
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays unitl 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...