Hilton Worldwide Announces Debut Africa Hotel in Sierra Leone
Hilton Worldwide will be offering Africa holidays in Sierra Leone after it announced the signing of a management agreement with Cape Sierra Hotel Company Ltd. The hotel chain is to develop its first property in the country; the Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra
Hilton Worldwide is expanding its portfolio in Africa after it announced the signing of a management agreement to develop a new property in the small African country of Sierra Leone.
After signing the agreement with Cape Sierra Hotel Company Ltd, details of the new Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra have been released and the property is expected to be open to tourists taking Africa holidays in 2014.
The property will be located in Sierra Leone’s capital city and financial hub of the country, Freetown, in the Aberdeen district overlooking the beautiful coastline and one of the world’s largest natural harbours.
Aimed at both business travellers and tourists going on Africa holidays, Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra will have 200 rooms including 20 suites and 60 executive standard rooms, a business centre, a health club and fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool, and five gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Senior Vice President of Development in Europe and Africa, Hilton Worldwide, Patrick Fitzgibbon, said: "Hilton Worldwide has enjoyed a presence in Africa for more than 50 years and our commitment to the continent remains as solid as ever. We have opened five hotels in Africa already this year and we're confident Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra will prove to be an important addition to our growing portfolio."
During luxury holidays to Sierra Leone, travellers will be able to go on African safaris and explore the country’s thriving rainforests including the 75,000-acre Gola Forest for sightings of chimpanzees, pygmy hippos, and Diana monkeys. Alternatively, guests can relax on deserted white sand beaches watching the sunset; or climb Sierra Leone’s highest mountain, Mount Bintumani, for breathtaking panoramic views.
Since the end of the 10-year civil war in 2002, the country has seen mostly business travellers visiting, but the introduction of new luxury hotels and resorts could entice high end travellers to take holidays in Africa to the beautiful nation.
Managing Director of Cape Sierra Hotel Co Ltd, Keith Aki-Sawyerr, said: "As commercial interests in the country grow, there is a requirement for more top quality hotels to meet the needs of the growing numbers of overseas visitors. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is the ideal partner to provide the standards and strong brand needed to ensure we develop the leading hotel in the city."
Hilton Worldwide currently operates 34 Africa hotels with a further eight properties in the pipeline. This year, the company has already opened eight hotels and signed 14 management agreements in the Middle East and Africa.
Dave Horton, the Global Head for Hilton Hotels & Resorts, added: "For generations Hilton has led the way into emerging markets. Our brand enjoys a pioneering reputation for successfully establishing hotels in new and diverse markets. Today's signing is a true reflection of this spirit and we look forward to bringing our first class facilities and service to Sierra Leone."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Experience the golden Sandy beaches of the beautiful Red Sea, the action in Soho Square and Na'ama Bay and a resort that has it all - Sierra Sharm el Sheikt awaits
- Enjoy elegant views of either the pool or gardens from your own private balcony/terrace
- Enjoy access to the Sierra's Wellness Centre & Aqua Spa, where you can enjoy a massage parlour, sauna & steam room
- Enjoy a variety of cuisines from a number of restaurants at the hotel - including Italian, freshly caught seafood & much more
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Beautifully crafted to reflect modern Andalusian style, a Spanish region that was for long conquered by the Moroccan...