Hilton Worldwide Announces Debut Africa Hotel in Sierra Leone
Hilton Worldwide will be offering Africa holidays in Sierra Leone after it announced the signing of a management agreement with Cape Sierra Hotel Company Ltd. The hotel chain is to develop its first property in the country; the Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra
Hilton Worldwide is expanding its portfolio in Africa after it announced the signing of a management agreement to develop a new property in the small African country of Sierra Leone.
After signing the agreement with Cape Sierra Hotel Company Ltd, details of the new Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra have been released and the property is expected to be open to tourists taking Africa holidays in 2014.
The property will be located in Sierra Leone’s capital city and financial hub of the country, Freetown, in the Aberdeen district overlooking the beautiful coastline and one of the world’s largest natural harbours.
Aimed at both business travellers and tourists going on Africa holidays, Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra will have 200 rooms including 20 suites and 60 executive standard rooms, a business centre, a health club and fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool, and five gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Senior Vice President of Development in Europe and Africa, Hilton Worldwide, Patrick Fitzgibbon, said: "Hilton Worldwide has enjoyed a presence in Africa for more than 50 years and our commitment to the continent remains as solid as ever. We have opened five hotels in Africa already this year and we're confident Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra will prove to be an important addition to our growing portfolio."
During luxury holidays to Sierra Leone, travellers will be able to go on African safaris and explore the country’s thriving rainforests including the 75,000-acre Gola Forest for sightings of chimpanzees, pygmy hippos, and Diana monkeys. Alternatively, guests can relax on deserted white sand beaches watching the sunset; or climb Sierra Leone’s highest mountain, Mount Bintumani, for breathtaking panoramic views.
Since the end of the 10-year civil war in 2002, the country has seen mostly business travellers visiting, but the introduction of new luxury hotels and resorts could entice high end travellers to take holidays in Africa to the beautiful nation.
Managing Director of Cape Sierra Hotel Co Ltd, Keith Aki-Sawyerr, said: "As commercial interests in the country grow, there is a requirement for more top quality hotels to meet the needs of the growing numbers of overseas visitors. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is the ideal partner to provide the standards and strong brand needed to ensure we develop the leading hotel in the city."
Hilton Worldwide currently operates 34 Africa hotels with a further eight properties in the pipeline. This year, the company has already opened eight hotels and signed 14 management agreements in the Middle East and Africa.
Dave Horton, the Global Head for Hilton Hotels & Resorts, added: "For generations Hilton has led the way into emerging markets. Our brand enjoys a pioneering reputation for successfully establishing hotels in new and diverse markets. Today's signing is a true reflection of this spirit and we look forward to bringing our first class facilities and service to Sierra Leone."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Look out onto the powdery beach or take a stroll into the town centre, all at your own pace
- An excellent array of activities available including dance lessons, football, bowling and water sports
- Close proximity to 3 nearby golf courses and only a short stroll away from the Souk Al Had shopping district with its lovely cafes and traditional boutiques
- Daily live entertainment and shows, and a children and teens club make this perfect for families
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...