Hilton Worldwide Announces Debut Africa Hotel in Sierra Leone
Hilton Worldwide will be offering Africa holidays in Sierra Leone after it announced the signing of a management agreement with Cape Sierra Hotel Company Ltd. The hotel chain is to develop its first property in the country; the Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra
Hilton Worldwide is expanding its portfolio in Africa after it announced the signing of a management agreement to develop a new property in the small African country of Sierra Leone.
After signing the agreement with Cape Sierra Hotel Company Ltd, details of the new Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra have been released and the property is expected to be open to tourists taking Africa holidays in 2014.
The property will be located in Sierra Leone’s capital city and financial hub of the country, Freetown, in the Aberdeen district overlooking the beautiful coastline and one of the world’s largest natural harbours.
Aimed at both business travellers and tourists going on Africa holidays, Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra will have 200 rooms including 20 suites and 60 executive standard rooms, a business centre, a health club and fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool, and five gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Senior Vice President of Development in Europe and Africa, Hilton Worldwide, Patrick Fitzgibbon, said: "Hilton Worldwide has enjoyed a presence in Africa for more than 50 years and our commitment to the continent remains as solid as ever. We have opened five hotels in Africa already this year and we're confident Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra will prove to be an important addition to our growing portfolio."
During luxury holidays to Sierra Leone, travellers will be able to go on African safaris and explore the country’s thriving rainforests including the 75,000-acre Gola Forest for sightings of chimpanzees, pygmy hippos, and Diana monkeys. Alternatively, guests can relax on deserted white sand beaches watching the sunset; or climb Sierra Leone’s highest mountain, Mount Bintumani, for breathtaking panoramic views.
Since the end of the 10-year civil war in 2002, the country has seen mostly business travellers visiting, but the introduction of new luxury hotels and resorts could entice high end travellers to take holidays in Africa to the beautiful nation.
Managing Director of Cape Sierra Hotel Co Ltd, Keith Aki-Sawyerr, said: "As commercial interests in the country grow, there is a requirement for more top quality hotels to meet the needs of the growing numbers of overseas visitors. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is the ideal partner to provide the standards and strong brand needed to ensure we develop the leading hotel in the city."
Hilton Worldwide currently operates 34 Africa hotels with a further eight properties in the pipeline. This year, the company has already opened eight hotels and signed 14 management agreements in the Middle East and Africa.
Dave Horton, the Global Head for Hilton Hotels & Resorts, added: "For generations Hilton has led the way into emerging markets. Our brand enjoys a pioneering reputation for successfully establishing hotels in new and diverse markets. Today's signing is a true reflection of this spirit and we look forward to bringing our first class facilities and service to Sierra Leone."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
Combine two fascinating countries in one, with South Africa and Dubai as your perfect choice
- Spend a morning with the Big Five in the Kruger National Park
- Enjoy some ice skating in Dubai, even in summer!
- Gasp at the glory of God's Window, with a boundless view of mountains and fertile plains
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...