Tourists Flock to Dubai for Eid al-Fitr Festivites
The celebration of the Eid al-Fitr festival has attracted more travellers to the Middle East with Dubai holidays ranked as a favourite destination. The UAE emirate is seeing an influx of foreign tourists and hotels are nearly full due to the high demand.
Travel agents in Abu Dhabi say that Dubai is the favourite place in the United Arab Emirates for tourists this summer as travellers arrive in the city for the Eid al-Fitr festival.
According to the travel agents, the number of travellers taking Dubai holidays during the festive period has increased and Dubai hotels are nearly full due to the high demand.
Half of this year’s Eid al-Fitr tourists are visiting the United Arab Emirates for Abu Dhabi holidays or holidays to Dubai to celebrate the end of the month of fasting, Ramadan. The late announcement of Eid has resulted in a surge in travellers taking holidays to the Middle East with Dubai as the number one favourite destination.
Dubai residents are also choosing to stay in the city for the festival rather than travel to foreign destinations.Abdul Hakim Aziz, the business development manager of Sama International Holidays, explained: “Because it is almost the end of the summer (holidays), there are people who have already travelled and have just come back. So they don’t want to travel again.”
UAE residents are also choosing to spend time visiting family members in the neighbouring emirates such as Dubai and Al Ain during Eid al-Fitr.
“This year, people are going to Dubai. There was a need for accommodation near or connected to any mall because of the weather. And because of this high demand and last minute bookings, the rates are very high,” added Aziz.
Hotels in Dubai are nearly full and families who have specifications with regards to hotel preference are now accepting any accommodation available for their Dubai holidays.
Raed Elhajj, the holiday manager at the Abu Dhabi Travel Bureau, said: “We were also trying Fujairah, but all the hotels are full.”
There has also been a rise in UAE residents heading to European destinations for cooler weather this summer, with Italy, Austria and Germany among the favourite hotspots.
“Those who did not travel in the summer because of Ramadan, and got their visa already, they are taking a break in Germany and Austria for a week,” Aziz commented.
Dubai offers plenty of attractions and activities for tourists, whether or not they come to celebrate religious festivals such as Eid or just seek a sunny holiday destination packed with luxury hotels. Major hot spots include the Dubai Mall, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalifa and the Wild Wadi water park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...