Tourists Flock to Dubai for Eid al-Fitr Festivites
The celebration of the Eid al-Fitr festival has attracted more travellers to the Middle East with Dubai holidays ranked as a favourite destination. The UAE emirate is seeing an influx of foreign tourists and hotels are nearly full due to the high demand.
Travel agents in Abu Dhabi say that Dubai is the favourite place in the United Arab Emirates for tourists this summer as travellers arrive in the city for the Eid al-Fitr festival.
According to the travel agents, the number of travellers taking Dubai holidays during the festive period has increased and Dubai hotels are nearly full due to the high demand.
Half of this year’s Eid al-Fitr tourists are visiting the United Arab Emirates for Abu Dhabi holidays or holidays to Dubai to celebrate the end of the month of fasting, Ramadan. The late announcement of Eid has resulted in a surge in travellers taking holidays to the Middle East with Dubai as the number one favourite destination.
Dubai residents are also choosing to stay in the city for the festival rather than travel to foreign destinations.Abdul Hakim Aziz, the business development manager of Sama International Holidays, explained: “Because it is almost the end of the summer (holidays), there are people who have already travelled and have just come back. So they don’t want to travel again.”
UAE residents are also choosing to spend time visiting family members in the neighbouring emirates such as Dubai and Al Ain during Eid al-Fitr.
“This year, people are going to Dubai. There was a need for accommodation near or connected to any mall because of the weather. And because of this high demand and last minute bookings, the rates are very high,” added Aziz.
Hotels in Dubai are nearly full and families who have specifications with regards to hotel preference are now accepting any accommodation available for their Dubai holidays.
Raed Elhajj, the holiday manager at the Abu Dhabi Travel Bureau, said: “We were also trying Fujairah, but all the hotels are full.”
There has also been a rise in UAE residents heading to European destinations for cooler weather this summer, with Italy, Austria and Germany among the favourite hotspots.
“Those who did not travel in the summer because of Ramadan, and got their visa already, they are taking a break in Germany and Austria for a week,” Aziz commented.
Dubai offers plenty of attractions and activities for tourists, whether or not they come to celebrate religious festivals such as Eid or just seek a sunny holiday destination packed with luxury hotels. Major hot spots include the Dubai Mall, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalifa and the Wild Wadi water park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...