Lady Gaga Learns to Surf During Mexico Holidays
Popstar Lady Gaga has been pictured taking surfing lessons during her recent Mexico holidays in Puerto Vallarta. The singer/ songwriter appeared to find the sport challenging as she concentrated hard on learning the skills while wearing a skimpy bikini.
American popstar Lady Gaga has been learning the skills of surfing in Mexico while taking time off from promoting the MTV Video Music Awards.
The singer was spotted taking surfing lessons during her Mexico holidays at a resort in Puerto Vallarta last week.
Lady Gaga swapped her wetsuit for a skimpy bikini as she concentrated hard on improving her surf skills and despite a tricky start, it wasn’t long before she was standing up on her board and riding some waves.
An insider said: “For a relative beginner she took to surfing really well.
“She started quite slowly learning how to body-board and then she was able to work up to standing - she made excellent progress.”
The 25-year old singer/ songwriter was taking some time out from shooting videos, TV appearances and live performances as she and some friends spent some time chilling out during their holidays in Mexico.
The insider added: “She has been very relaxed since she arrived at the resort and is looking to unwind from her punishing timetable on the road.”
Staying at one of the most luxurious Mexico hotels, Lady Gaga reportedly splashed out on a £4,250-a-night suite and £145 for a surfing lesson.
The global popstar has been asked to open the MTV Video Music Awards with a live performance on 28th August, 2011 in Los Angeles.
Speaking of her role in this year’s VMAs, she said: “It means the world to me. I just feel really blessed every day. I have the most amazing fans.”
The singer has also been nominated for four VMAs including Best Female Video, Best Video with a Message for Born This Way, and Best Art Direction and Best Choreography for Judas.
Mexico holidays and Cancun holidays especially, are a popular choice for international travellers as the country boasts thousands of miles of coastline comprising beautiful beaches fringed with turquoise and emerald ocean waters; historic sites and attractions such as pyramids, museums, and Chichen Itza, the ancient Mayan city; and numerous natural landscapes including volcanoes, ecological reserves, national parks and underwater coral reefs.
There is a wide selection of Mexico hotels and resorts to suit all budgets across the country, and because Mexican food is one of the most well known cuisines across the world, local restaurants offer a range of delicious fresh native dishes including guacamole, quesadillas, tacos, and enchiladas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...