Lady Gaga Learns to Surf During Mexico Holidays
Popstar Lady Gaga has been pictured taking surfing lessons during her recent Mexico holidays in Puerto Vallarta. The singer/ songwriter appeared to find the sport challenging as she concentrated hard on learning the skills while wearing a skimpy bikini.
American popstar Lady Gaga has been learning the skills of surfing in Mexico while taking time off from promoting the MTV Video Music Awards.
The singer was spotted taking surfing lessons during her Mexico holidays at a resort in Puerto Vallarta last week.
Lady Gaga swapped her wetsuit for a skimpy bikini as she concentrated hard on improving her surf skills and despite a tricky start, it wasn’t long before she was standing up on her board and riding some waves.
An insider said: “For a relative beginner she took to surfing really well.
“She started quite slowly learning how to body-board and then she was able to work up to standing - she made excellent progress.”
The 25-year old singer/ songwriter was taking some time out from shooting videos, TV appearances and live performances as she and some friends spent some time chilling out during their holidays in Mexico.
The insider added: “She has been very relaxed since she arrived at the resort and is looking to unwind from her punishing timetable on the road.”
Staying at one of the most luxurious Mexico hotels, Lady Gaga reportedly splashed out on a £4,250-a-night suite and £145 for a surfing lesson.
The global popstar has been asked to open the MTV Video Music Awards with a live performance on 28th August, 2011 in Los Angeles.
Speaking of her role in this year’s VMAs, she said: “It means the world to me. I just feel really blessed every day. I have the most amazing fans.”
The singer has also been nominated for four VMAs including Best Female Video, Best Video with a Message for Born This Way, and Best Art Direction and Best Choreography for Judas.
Mexico holidays and Cancun holidays especially, are a popular choice for international travellers as the country boasts thousands of miles of coastline comprising beautiful beaches fringed with turquoise and emerald ocean waters; historic sites and attractions such as pyramids, museums, and Chichen Itza, the ancient Mayan city; and numerous natural landscapes including volcanoes, ecological reserves, national parks and underwater coral reefs.
There is a wide selection of Mexico hotels and resorts to suit all budgets across the country, and because Mexican food is one of the most well known cuisines across the world, local restaurants offer a range of delicious fresh native dishes including guacamole, quesadillas, tacos, and enchiladas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...