Jamie Foxx Dreamed up Idea for New Animation Film during Africa Safari
American actor and musician Jamie Foxx dreamed up the idea for a new movie whilst enjoying Africa holidays at a nature reserve last year. The Hollywood star visited the Singita game reserve where he let his imagination run wild.
Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx has revealed that the idea for his new animated film came to him while he was taking luxury holidays in Africa last year.
Star of the hit film, Ray, Foxx successfully pitched his idea to movie executives at 20th Century Fox Animation and the team has already started to work on the project.
According to Foxx, his imagination ran wild while watching the animals in their natural habitat during his Africa holidays at the Singita game reserve in 2010.
Fox said: "It was crazy. I wanted to go see the safari and... (funnyman) Ron Silver hips me to Africa (tells him where to go). He goes, 'Jamie, you gotta go to Singita, it's the best.' ...So I end up going there and Singita was like, $2,000 a night, American. And I thought (it was going to be cheap) so I only went with $2,500 (cash)!
"But it was really nice; it was laid back. You go on a range with champagne... I got addicted to the safari! We stayed over there so long that I actually started writing it down and I actually sold that to Fox Animation, called Welcome to the Jungle."
This will be Foxx’s first animation production and he will also be producing and writing the score for the film.
He explained: "It's about this musical, like all these animals in the Singita, like vaudeville and old school, because I started getting bored... I play this leopard and... we do a musical in the jungle. It's a movie."
Foxx has since taken a number of safaris in Africa in order to fine-tune the characters and the environment for the film.
The Singita game reserve is a popular destination for travellers taking Africa holidays. Situated on the western border of the Kruger Park in South Africa, it a hotspot for visitors looking to catch glimpses of the Big Five. The area boasts several luxury lodges where guests can relax and enjoy romantic holidays, honeymoons or family breaks, whilst experiencing magnificent wild animals such as lions, elephants, leopards, zebras and giraffes, and watch up close during guided African safaris.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...