Jamie Foxx Dreamed up Idea for New Animation Film during Africa Safari
American actor and musician Jamie Foxx dreamed up the idea for a new movie whilst enjoying Africa holidays at a nature reserve last year. The Hollywood star visited the Singita game reserve where he let his imagination run wild.
Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx has revealed that the idea for his new animated film came to him while he was taking luxury holidays in Africa last year.
Star of the hit film, Ray, Foxx successfully pitched his idea to movie executives at 20th Century Fox Animation and the team has already started to work on the project.
According to Foxx, his imagination ran wild while watching the animals in their natural habitat during his Africa holidays at the Singita game reserve in 2010.
Fox said: "It was crazy. I wanted to go see the safari and... (funnyman) Ron Silver hips me to Africa (tells him where to go). He goes, 'Jamie, you gotta go to Singita, it's the best.' ...So I end up going there and Singita was like, $2,000 a night, American. And I thought (it was going to be cheap) so I only went with $2,500 (cash)!
"But it was really nice; it was laid back. You go on a range with champagne... I got addicted to the safari! We stayed over there so long that I actually started writing it down and I actually sold that to Fox Animation, called Welcome to the Jungle."
This will be Foxx’s first animation production and he will also be producing and writing the score for the film.
He explained: "It's about this musical, like all these animals in the Singita, like vaudeville and old school, because I started getting bored... I play this leopard and... we do a musical in the jungle. It's a movie."
Foxx has since taken a number of safaris in Africa in order to fine-tune the characters and the environment for the film.
The Singita game reserve is a popular destination for travellers taking Africa holidays. Situated on the western border of the Kruger Park in South Africa, it a hotspot for visitors looking to catch glimpses of the Big Five. The area boasts several luxury lodges where guests can relax and enjoy romantic holidays, honeymoons or family breaks, whilst experiencing magnificent wild animals such as lions, elephants, leopards, zebras and giraffes, and watch up close during guided African safaris.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
With access to a private beach and every facility imaginable on site it's no wonder guests return to Hilton Sharks bay - it's a perfect for the whole family
- Relax and unwind with a massage or jacuzzi in the health club
- Enjoy a number of dining options including Il Rustico Restaurant - where you can enjoy barbeques on the terrace
- Enjoy the evenings with the nightly entertainment programme
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Enjoy the best of Egypt's coastal riches as you make the resort town of Sharm El Sheikh your home away from home. And...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Beautifully crafted to reflect modern Andalusian style, a Spanish region that was for long conquered by the Moroccan...