Jamie Foxx Dreamed up Idea for New Animation Film during Africa Safari
American actor and musician Jamie Foxx dreamed up the idea for a new movie whilst enjoying Africa holidays at a nature reserve last year. The Hollywood star visited the Singita game reserve where he let his imagination run wild.
Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx has revealed that the idea for his new animated film came to him while he was taking luxury holidays in Africa last year.
Star of the hit film, Ray, Foxx successfully pitched his idea to movie executives at 20th Century Fox Animation and the team has already started to work on the project.
According to Foxx, his imagination ran wild while watching the animals in their natural habitat during his Africa holidays at the Singita game reserve in 2010.
Fox said: "It was crazy. I wanted to go see the safari and... (funnyman) Ron Silver hips me to Africa (tells him where to go). He goes, 'Jamie, you gotta go to Singita, it's the best.' ...So I end up going there and Singita was like, $2,000 a night, American. And I thought (it was going to be cheap) so I only went with $2,500 (cash)!
"But it was really nice; it was laid back. You go on a range with champagne... I got addicted to the safari! We stayed over there so long that I actually started writing it down and I actually sold that to Fox Animation, called Welcome to the Jungle."
This will be Foxx’s first animation production and he will also be producing and writing the score for the film.
He explained: "It's about this musical, like all these animals in the Singita, like vaudeville and old school, because I started getting bored... I play this leopard and... we do a musical in the jungle. It's a movie."
Foxx has since taken a number of safaris in Africa in order to fine-tune the characters and the environment for the film.
The Singita game reserve is a popular destination for travellers taking Africa holidays. Situated on the western border of the Kruger Park in South Africa, it a hotspot for visitors looking to catch glimpses of the Big Five. The area boasts several luxury lodges where guests can relax and enjoy romantic holidays, honeymoons or family breaks, whilst experiencing magnificent wild animals such as lions, elephants, leopards, zebras and giraffes, and watch up close during guided African safaris.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
The ideal luxury hideaway for rich Moroccan culture with a dash of coastal recreation and sun-seeking pleasures.
- All rooms come equipped with satellite TV and Wi-Fi Internet access
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Great for sport lovers, with kayaking, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, windsurfing and more available
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...