Highlights of fourth "Eid in Dubai" Eid Al Fitr Festival unveiled
Highlights of the 4th edition of Eid in Dubai-Eid-Al-Fitr have been unveiled by DEPE. Activities taking place during Eid Al Fitr and for everyone to enjoy during Dubai holidays this month include concerts, fireworks displays and shopping discounts.
Tourists taking Dubai holidays during 'Eid in Dubai'-Eid-Al-Fitr 2011 will be in for a treat as the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment unveils the programme of events.
The highlights of the fourth edition of the event were revealed at a press conference held at the Meydan Hotel on Tuesday 16th August and this year’s Eid Al Fitr holidays will feature children’s concerts, fireworks, and a range of shopping discounts.
Those taking Dubai holidays during the celebrations of the Eid Al Fitr event, will be able watch live performances by 'Arabs Got Talent' finalist Hala Al Turk at a children’s concert at Modhesh World; enjoy the anticipated 'Fire of Anatolia' show at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre; listen to live music from Arabic artists at the Al Bustan Rotana Hotel; and generally take part in a vast range of festivities and shopping discounts at the Shoppiesta in Meydan.
Speaking at the press conference, Laila Suhail, Chief Executive Officer of DEPE, said: "We at Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment continue our strive towards achieving our vision of positioning Dubai as one of the leading tourism, shopping, and business destinations in the world and we aim to reach that goal by doing what we do best - organising festivals and events of global standards.
"We started the 'Summer in Dubai' campaign with the fourteenth edition of Dubai Summer Surprises that was followed up by a promotional campaign during Ramadan organised in collaboration with several government and private entities under the name of 'Ramadan in Dubai'.”
She added: “We conclude the campaign by sharing with you what we have to offer our visitors during 'Eid in Dubai' noting that 'Eid in Dubai' celebrations are inspired by the unique cultural and social mosaic of Dubai."
Eid-Al-Fitr is a three-day Muslim holiday that marks the end of the Islamic holy month of fasting, Ramadan. Tourists taking holidays to Dubai during the festivities will be able to take part in a range of fun multicultural activities in the heart of the city. Hundreds of shops and retail outlets are taking part in the celebrations by offering visitors to Meydan a wide range of discounts for leading brands from 31st August to 4th September.
The spectacular 'Eid in Dubai' Fireworks will take place on each of the three days of Eid at 9pm at Al Seef Street and Dubai Creek Park. Dubai hotels are likely to be packed out so travellers planning holidays to Dubai during the religious festival should book rooms as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Festivals Coordinator General and Deputy CEO of DEPE, Mr. Ibrahim Saleh, noted: "Eid in Dubai is a social occasion which unites different nationalities from across Dubai in celebration of this one joyous occasion. There is a great deal of anticipation surrounding the planned events, and we are looking forward to hosting families from across the UAE and visitors from around the world for this year's festivities."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...