Caribbean Holidays on BA's List of Top Holiday Destinations for August 2011
British Airways has revealed its top worldwide destinations for holidays in August 2011, with New York, Rome, Mauritius, Venice and Caribbean holidays among the favourites. St Lucia and Barbados were among the most popular Caribbean choices for families.
British Airways has named its top choice for global holiday destinations in August 2011 as it increases its number of flights and offers fantastic deals on package holidays.
Many Caribbean holiday destinations were on the list for the airline’s top destinations, with St Lucia and Barbados proving to be a popular choice for families heading off to sunnier climates. The airline increased the number of flights to the two Caribbean island nations and also introduced a new weekly service to Tampa which resulted in an increased influx of UK visitors to Florida.
The most popular worldwide destinations on the British Airways list included New York, Venice, Barcelona, Rome, Mauritius, Las Vegas, Orlando, St Lucia and Barbados.
The airline recorded an increase in travellers choosing short breaks to European cities and sun-seekers headed to the luxurious Indian Ocean for Mauritius holidays.
Managing Director of British Airways Holidays, Claire Bentley, said: "Yet again the Great British summer has proved a complete wash out so we are seeing a heavy demand from our UK customers for last minute overseas holidays.”
She explained: "Since we introduced dynamic packaging on ba.com in 2008 we have seen a huge increase in sales from customers using the new feature on ba.com to find special deals at competitive prices that combine flights and hotels or flights and car hire to arrange that perfect holiday, also giving customers an increased peace of mind due to the ATOL protection we offer on all package holidays.
"Thanks to a range of new leisure destinations, including Marrakech, and even more flights to the always popular Caribbean, customers are sure to find that British Airways can help them get away for their perfect summer holiday."
British Airways offers a wide selection of hotels and resorts for Caribbean holidays, with three to five-star hotels to choose from, enabling travellers to have more choice when it comes to booking holidays to St Lucia and Barbados. The airline has increased the number of flights to the region and offers routes to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago and Turks and Caicos.
The airline recorded New York and Las Vegas as the favourite American cities for UK travellers who visit the destinations for city breaks as well as fly-drive holidays. In a new joint business venture between American Airlines and Iberia, British Airways now gives customers a choice of 17 daily flights to New York from London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...