Caribbean Holidays on BA's List of Top Holiday Destinations for August 2011
British Airways has revealed its top worldwide destinations for holidays in August 2011, with New York, Rome, Mauritius, Venice and Caribbean holidays among the favourites. St Lucia and Barbados were among the most popular Caribbean choices for families.
British Airways has named its top choice for global holiday destinations in August 2011 as it increases its number of flights and offers fantastic deals on package holidays.
Many Caribbean holiday destinations were on the list for the airline’s top destinations, with St Lucia and Barbados proving to be a popular choice for families heading off to sunnier climates. The airline increased the number of flights to the two Caribbean island nations and also introduced a new weekly service to Tampa which resulted in an increased influx of UK visitors to Florida.
The most popular worldwide destinations on the British Airways list included New York, Venice, Barcelona, Rome, Mauritius, Las Vegas, Orlando, St Lucia and Barbados.
The airline recorded an increase in travellers choosing short breaks to European cities and sun-seekers headed to the luxurious Indian Ocean for Mauritius holidays.
Managing Director of British Airways Holidays, Claire Bentley, said: "Yet again the Great British summer has proved a complete wash out so we are seeing a heavy demand from our UK customers for last minute overseas holidays.”
She explained: "Since we introduced dynamic packaging on ba.com in 2008 we have seen a huge increase in sales from customers using the new feature on ba.com to find special deals at competitive prices that combine flights and hotels or flights and car hire to arrange that perfect holiday, also giving customers an increased peace of mind due to the ATOL protection we offer on all package holidays.
"Thanks to a range of new leisure destinations, including Marrakech, and even more flights to the always popular Caribbean, customers are sure to find that British Airways can help them get away for their perfect summer holiday."
British Airways offers a wide selection of hotels and resorts for Caribbean holidays, with three to five-star hotels to choose from, enabling travellers to have more choice when it comes to booking holidays to St Lucia and Barbados. The airline has increased the number of flights to the region and offers routes to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago and Turks and Caicos.
The airline recorded New York and Las Vegas as the favourite American cities for UK travellers who visit the destinations for city breaks as well as fly-drive holidays. In a new joint business venture between American Airlines and Iberia, British Airways now gives customers a choice of 17 daily flights to New York from London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...