Caribbean Holidays on BA's List of Top Holiday Destinations for August 2011
British Airways has revealed its top worldwide destinations for holidays in August 2011, with New York, Rome, Mauritius, Venice and Caribbean holidays among the favourites. St Lucia and Barbados were among the most popular Caribbean choices for families.
British Airways has named its top choice for global holiday destinations in August 2011 as it increases its number of flights and offers fantastic deals on package holidays.
Many Caribbean holiday destinations were on the list for the airline’s top destinations, with St Lucia and Barbados proving to be a popular choice for families heading off to sunnier climates. The airline increased the number of flights to the two Caribbean island nations and also introduced a new weekly service to Tampa which resulted in an increased influx of UK visitors to Florida.
The most popular worldwide destinations on the British Airways list included New York, Venice, Barcelona, Rome, Mauritius, Las Vegas, Orlando, St Lucia and Barbados.
The airline recorded an increase in travellers choosing short breaks to European cities and sun-seekers headed to the luxurious Indian Ocean for Mauritius holidays.
Managing Director of British Airways Holidays, Claire Bentley, said: "Yet again the Great British summer has proved a complete wash out so we are seeing a heavy demand from our UK customers for last minute overseas holidays.”
She explained: "Since we introduced dynamic packaging on ba.com in 2008 we have seen a huge increase in sales from customers using the new feature on ba.com to find special deals at competitive prices that combine flights and hotels or flights and car hire to arrange that perfect holiday, also giving customers an increased peace of mind due to the ATOL protection we offer on all package holidays.
"Thanks to a range of new leisure destinations, including Marrakech, and even more flights to the always popular Caribbean, customers are sure to find that British Airways can help them get away for their perfect summer holiday."
British Airways offers a wide selection of hotels and resorts for Caribbean holidays, with three to five-star hotels to choose from, enabling travellers to have more choice when it comes to booking holidays to St Lucia and Barbados. The airline has increased the number of flights to the region and offers routes to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago and Turks and Caicos.
The airline recorded New York and Las Vegas as the favourite American cities for UK travellers who visit the destinations for city breaks as well as fly-drive holidays. In a new joint business venture between American Airlines and Iberia, British Airways now gives customers a choice of 17 daily flights to New York from London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...