Caribbean Holidays on BA's List of Top Holiday Destinations for August 2011
British Airways has revealed its top worldwide destinations for holidays in August 2011, with New York, Rome, Mauritius, Venice and Caribbean holidays among the favourites. St Lucia and Barbados were among the most popular Caribbean choices for families.
British Airways has named its top choice for global holiday destinations in August 2011 as it increases its number of flights and offers fantastic deals on package holidays.
Many Caribbean holiday destinations were on the list for the airline’s top destinations, with St Lucia and Barbados proving to be a popular choice for families heading off to sunnier climates. The airline increased the number of flights to the two Caribbean island nations and also introduced a new weekly service to Tampa which resulted in an increased influx of UK visitors to Florida.
The most popular worldwide destinations on the British Airways list included New York, Venice, Barcelona, Rome, Mauritius, Las Vegas, Orlando, St Lucia and Barbados.
The airline recorded an increase in travellers choosing short breaks to European cities and sun-seekers headed to the luxurious Indian Ocean for Mauritius holidays.
Managing Director of British Airways Holidays, Claire Bentley, said: "Yet again the Great British summer has proved a complete wash out so we are seeing a heavy demand from our UK customers for last minute overseas holidays.”
She explained: "Since we introduced dynamic packaging on ba.com in 2008 we have seen a huge increase in sales from customers using the new feature on ba.com to find special deals at competitive prices that combine flights and hotels or flights and car hire to arrange that perfect holiday, also giving customers an increased peace of mind due to the ATOL protection we offer on all package holidays.
"Thanks to a range of new leisure destinations, including Marrakech, and even more flights to the always popular Caribbean, customers are sure to find that British Airways can help them get away for their perfect summer holiday."
British Airways offers a wide selection of hotels and resorts for Caribbean holidays, with three to five-star hotels to choose from, enabling travellers to have more choice when it comes to booking holidays to St Lucia and Barbados. The airline has increased the number of flights to the region and offers routes to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago and Turks and Caicos.
The airline recorded New York and Las Vegas as the favourite American cities for UK travellers who visit the destinations for city breaks as well as fly-drive holidays. In a new joint business venture between American Airlines and Iberia, British Airways now gives customers a choice of 17 daily flights to New York from London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...