Couples Add Romantic Seychelles Holidays to their Bucket Lists
Seychelles holidays are high up on the bucket lists of many couples who are seeking romantic escapes. The island nation has become a popular choice for weddings and honeymoons after it was revealed as the destination of the recent royal honeymoon.
The Seychelles have always been a popular choice for travellers seeking sun, sand, privacy and luxury, but it appears that Seychelles holidays are on the increase and high up on the bucket list for many people - especially loved-up couples.
As the demand for holidays in Seychelles increases, the prices are surprisingly becoming more affordable. Gone are the days when only the rich and famous could relax on the pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches; these days there are plenty of all inclusive options for travellers on many different budgets.
According to the Consultant and Copywriter for the Seychelles Tourism Board, Glynn Burridge, the increase in interest and bookings of Seychelles weddings followed quickly after the beautiful islands were revealed as the destination honeymoon of royal newlyweds, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The remoteness of the Seychelles islands enabled the royal couple to receive the privacy they had been seeking following the hype of the very public royal wedding that took place in April this year.
The Seychelles islands offer breathtaking natural surroundings comprising lush green landscapes, sugar-white sandy unspoiled beaches, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters and colourful coral reefs.
The islands boast an array of luxury Seychelles hotels and resorts that offer fine cuisine, lavish spas and a wide range of activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, fishing, golf, tennis and kids clubs.
Seychelles hotels are also a popular choice for couples planning romantic weddings abroad. Each hotel has a one-wedding-per-day policy so that couples receive undivided attention from the wedding team on their special day. Another advantage to holidays in the Indian Ocean islands is that visitors do not require a visa. All they need to bring is proof of return flights, proof of accommodation and sufficient spending money. Couples getting married in the Seychelles must arrive on the island at least three days in advance to finalise arrangements.
The Seychelles offers beautiful surroundings for weddings, honeymoons or romantic breaks. Couples can enjoy candle-lit dinners under the stars, a stroll on the beach at sunset, or catamaran cruises to nearby islands where they can explore the thriving underwater world by taking part in scuba diving or snorkelling activities.
With a tourism logo saying: "The Seychelles islands... another world," couples can enjoy romance, tranquil surroundings and luxury on the idyllic islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...