Couples Add Romantic Seychelles Holidays to their Bucket Lists
Seychelles holidays are high up on the bucket lists of many couples who are seeking romantic escapes. The island nation has become a popular choice for weddings and honeymoons after it was revealed as the destination of the recent royal honeymoon.
The Seychelles have always been a popular choice for travellers seeking sun, sand, privacy and luxury, but it appears that Seychelles holidays are on the increase and high up on the bucket list for many people - especially loved-up couples.
As the demand for holidays in Seychelles increases, the prices are surprisingly becoming more affordable. Gone are the days when only the rich and famous could relax on the pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches; these days there are plenty of all inclusive options for travellers on many different budgets.
According to the Consultant and Copywriter for the Seychelles Tourism Board, Glynn Burridge, the increase in interest and bookings of Seychelles weddings followed quickly after the beautiful islands were revealed as the destination honeymoon of royal newlyweds, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The remoteness of the Seychelles islands enabled the royal couple to receive the privacy they had been seeking following the hype of the very public royal wedding that took place in April this year.
The Seychelles islands offer breathtaking natural surroundings comprising lush green landscapes, sugar-white sandy unspoiled beaches, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters and colourful coral reefs.
The islands boast an array of luxury Seychelles hotels and resorts that offer fine cuisine, lavish spas and a wide range of activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, fishing, golf, tennis and kids clubs.
Seychelles hotels are also a popular choice for couples planning romantic weddings abroad. Each hotel has a one-wedding-per-day policy so that couples receive undivided attention from the wedding team on their special day. Another advantage to holidays in the Indian Ocean islands is that visitors do not require a visa. All they need to bring is proof of return flights, proof of accommodation and sufficient spending money. Couples getting married in the Seychelles must arrive on the island at least three days in advance to finalise arrangements.
The Seychelles offers beautiful surroundings for weddings, honeymoons or romantic breaks. Couples can enjoy candle-lit dinners under the stars, a stroll on the beach at sunset, or catamaran cruises to nearby islands where they can explore the thriving underwater world by taking part in scuba diving or snorkelling activities.
With a tourism logo saying: "The Seychelles islands... another world," couples can enjoy romance, tranquil surroundings and luxury on the idyllic islands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...