Interactive website for Dominican Republic holidays receives praise
Boosting the popularity of Dominican Republic holidays, the recently launched GoDominican.com website has received rave reviews from industry experts and travellers alike as it has proved a valuable tool for those planning a visit to the Caribbean island.
The newly launched “Build your dream paradise vacation on Dominican Republic” website by the Ministry of Tourism is already an award-winning success. Since its opening in January this year, the interactive and social media-friendly site has been attracting a large number of visitors who log into the site to better plan their Dominican Republic holidays. Since its launch the site has wowed travellers and tourism marketers alike and has even earned prestigious ADDY® and Summit awards for its clever design and function.
Showcasing key selling points of what makes a Dominican Republic holiday great, the global site gives visitor a more up-close view and in-depth information about the country, its many alluring sites of interest and destinations, the range of luxury Dominican Republic hotels and resorts to be found in some of the most chic resorts, the variety of activities to take part in and up-to-date travel information. The site even includes a dynamic event calendar to help travellers plan their Dominican Republic holidays.
"Dominican Republic is a charismatic and unforgettable island nation boasting intricate architecture, rich culture, amazing accommodations, world-class golf courses, pristine beauty and unlimited eco adventures. Dominican Republic's official and innovative new website has become the primary source for Dominican Republic travel information, consumer engagement and booking for travelers from around the world," said DR Ministry of Tourism's vice minister of international promotion, Magaly Toribio.
One of the most popular and prominent features of GoDominicanRepublic.com, is the interactive site’s “My Paradise” section, which enables users to create their own personal itinerary by adding elements to their paradise section, including cities or towns of interest, activities, events, images they discover in the country while they browse the site. They can write their own notes and even share their paradise on 200+ social media platforms. GoDominicanRepublic.com also features a sophisticated "Interactive Map" that adds geo-location and mapping capabilities throughout the website, making it a true, state-of-the-art trip planning tool.
The website was designed and developed by BVKmeka with special emphasis on cross-platform interoperability and open standards; the vibrant, multi-lingual site was built using the latest Web technologies such as dynamic HTML, CSS3, jQuery and Ajax, along with Joomla, one of the world's leading content management systems (CMS), in order to make it work seamlessly across computers, iPhones, iPads and other mobile devices.
As express by Dom Rep Ministry of Tourism's - Marketing Director, Evelyn Paiewonsky, "GoDominicanRepublic.com satisfies the need in the online market for visitor interaction and appeal. The dynamic website achieves our objectives connected to promoting the country's tantalizing regions, which have a lot to offer both residents and visitors alike. GoDominicanRepublic.com continues to be the number one source of comprehensive tourism information about Dominican Republic, and therefore we ensure that the site is fresh, dynamic and innovative for our global audience."
Christopher Columbus was the first ever tourist in the Dominican Republic back in 1492. Rich with a colonial past history, the Dominican Republic of today has adapted to the tastes of many international travellers to appeal to a wide range of visitors. Offering Dominican flavour with European touches, the popular Caribbean holiday destination receives more than 1 million U.S. visitors each year. Holidays in the Dominican Republic are ever popular with sun-seekers looking for the best Caribbean beaches, fascinating history and culture and tropical allure. It’s also the famous second home to many celebrities including Oscar de la Renta and Julio Iglesias.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay at this Mediterranean inspired seaside paradise in the southeast coast of the Dominican
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury, an all inclusive experience like no other with reservation free dining
- Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the World class Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- The hotel offers a fantastic setting in Bayahibe, a seaside paradise in the southeast coast
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...