Etihad celebrates Manchester's new maintenance facility and Abu Dhabi flights
Etihad Airways has announced the launch of two more Manchester milestones as it opens a new maintenance facility and the operation of twice-daily Abu Dhabi flights. The airline now offers 14 weekly non-stop flights to the United Arab Emirate.
Travellers can now take advantage of an increase in daily Abu Dhabi flights departing from Manchester Airport in the United Kingdom as Etihad Airways announces the launch of 14 direct weekly flights.
Etihad Airways is marking another significant milestone in Manchester with the opening of its brand new line maintenance facility. This is the airline’s sixth facility outside Abu Dhabi and as a result seven new jobs have been created for local workers in Manchester. Etihad’s additional maintenance facilities are currently located in Bombay, Dublin, Lahore, London-Heathrow and Sydney.
Using modern technology, the newest facility will perform all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on flights to Abu Dhabi and other destinations and it will include services such as transit, scheduled engineering, fault repairs for aircraft systems and cabins, and daily and weekly checks.
Vice President for Maintenance of Etihad Airways, Jeff Wilkinson who originates from Manchester, said: “We are delighted to open this line maintenance facility here in Manchester, especially on the day when we’ve started our double-daily services to Abu Dhabi.
“Our investment in Manchester illustrates the remarkable growth of the airline, our ambition to bring key services in-house in markets we operate to, and also to recruit locally.”
He added: “Over the coming months, Etihad will seek approval to enable this new facility to offer maintenance services to other airlines with the same aircraft types as Etihad Airways.”
The airline is now offering tourists double the amount of weekly flights for Abu Dhabi holidays as it increases its daily number of direct Manchester to Abu Dhabi flights from one to two. Once in Abu Dhabi, travellers will also be able to take advantage of onward connections to over 60 global destinations across the airline’s network.
Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Andrew Harrison, commented: “We are proud to welcome this new facility on the day that Etihad has doubled the frequency of its service.
“These initiatives reflect Etihad’s consistent commitment to the north of England, which will enable individual travellers and local businesses to use Manchester as a convenient hub to travel throughout the world.
“Etihad is a hugely important player in our long-haul network and we welcome its new staff to Manchester Airport (MAN).”
As well as providing flights for UK tourists taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways operates routes to destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Free Upgrade from Deluxe Resort Room to Superior Oceanfront Room if booked by 9th November 16 for Select Dates
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...