Etihad celebrates Manchester's new maintenance facility and Abu Dhabi flights
Etihad Airways has announced the launch of two more Manchester milestones as it opens a new maintenance facility and the operation of twice-daily Abu Dhabi flights. The airline now offers 14 weekly non-stop flights to the United Arab Emirate.
Travellers can now take advantage of an increase in daily Abu Dhabi flights departing from Manchester Airport in the United Kingdom as Etihad Airways announces the launch of 14 direct weekly flights.
Etihad Airways is marking another significant milestone in Manchester with the opening of its brand new line maintenance facility. This is the airline’s sixth facility outside Abu Dhabi and as a result seven new jobs have been created for local workers in Manchester. Etihad’s additional maintenance facilities are currently located in Bombay, Dublin, Lahore, London-Heathrow and Sydney.
Using modern technology, the newest facility will perform all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on flights to Abu Dhabi and other destinations and it will include services such as transit, scheduled engineering, fault repairs for aircraft systems and cabins, and daily and weekly checks.
Vice President for Maintenance of Etihad Airways, Jeff Wilkinson who originates from Manchester, said: “We are delighted to open this line maintenance facility here in Manchester, especially on the day when we’ve started our double-daily services to Abu Dhabi.
“Our investment in Manchester illustrates the remarkable growth of the airline, our ambition to bring key services in-house in markets we operate to, and also to recruit locally.”
He added: “Over the coming months, Etihad will seek approval to enable this new facility to offer maintenance services to other airlines with the same aircraft types as Etihad Airways.”
The airline is now offering tourists double the amount of weekly flights for Abu Dhabi holidays as it increases its daily number of direct Manchester to Abu Dhabi flights from one to two. Once in Abu Dhabi, travellers will also be able to take advantage of onward connections to over 60 global destinations across the airline’s network.
Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Andrew Harrison, commented: “We are proud to welcome this new facility on the day that Etihad has doubled the frequency of its service.
“These initiatives reflect Etihad’s consistent commitment to the north of England, which will enable individual travellers and local businesses to use Manchester as a convenient hub to travel throughout the world.
“Etihad is a hugely important player in our long-haul network and we welcome its new staff to Manchester Airport (MAN).”
As well as providing flights for UK tourists taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways operates routes to destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...