Etihad celebrates Manchester's new maintenance facility and Abu Dhabi flights
Etihad Airways has announced the launch of two more Manchester milestones as it opens a new maintenance facility and the operation of twice-daily Abu Dhabi flights. The airline now offers 14 weekly non-stop flights to the United Arab Emirate.
Travellers can now take advantage of an increase in daily Abu Dhabi flights departing from Manchester Airport in the United Kingdom as Etihad Airways announces the launch of 14 direct weekly flights.
Etihad Airways is marking another significant milestone in Manchester with the opening of its brand new line maintenance facility. This is the airline’s sixth facility outside Abu Dhabi and as a result seven new jobs have been created for local workers in Manchester. Etihad’s additional maintenance facilities are currently located in Bombay, Dublin, Lahore, London-Heathrow and Sydney.
Using modern technology, the newest facility will perform all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on flights to Abu Dhabi and other destinations and it will include services such as transit, scheduled engineering, fault repairs for aircraft systems and cabins, and daily and weekly checks.
Vice President for Maintenance of Etihad Airways, Jeff Wilkinson who originates from Manchester, said: “We are delighted to open this line maintenance facility here in Manchester, especially on the day when we’ve started our double-daily services to Abu Dhabi.
“Our investment in Manchester illustrates the remarkable growth of the airline, our ambition to bring key services in-house in markets we operate to, and also to recruit locally.”
He added: “Over the coming months, Etihad will seek approval to enable this new facility to offer maintenance services to other airlines with the same aircraft types as Etihad Airways.”
The airline is now offering tourists double the amount of weekly flights for Abu Dhabi holidays as it increases its daily number of direct Manchester to Abu Dhabi flights from one to two. Once in Abu Dhabi, travellers will also be able to take advantage of onward connections to over 60 global destinations across the airline’s network.
Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Andrew Harrison, commented: “We are proud to welcome this new facility on the day that Etihad has doubled the frequency of its service.
“These initiatives reflect Etihad’s consistent commitment to the north of England, which will enable individual travellers and local businesses to use Manchester as a convenient hub to travel throughout the world.
“Etihad is a hugely important player in our long-haul network and we welcome its new staff to Manchester Airport (MAN).”
As well as providing flights for UK tourists taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways operates routes to destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...