Etihad celebrates Manchester's new maintenance facility and Abu Dhabi flights
Etihad Airways has announced the launch of two more Manchester milestones as it opens a new maintenance facility and the operation of twice-daily Abu Dhabi flights. The airline now offers 14 weekly non-stop flights to the United Arab Emirate.
Travellers can now take advantage of an increase in daily Abu Dhabi flights departing from Manchester Airport in the United Kingdom as Etihad Airways announces the launch of 14 direct weekly flights.
Etihad Airways is marking another significant milestone in Manchester with the opening of its brand new line maintenance facility. This is the airline’s sixth facility outside Abu Dhabi and as a result seven new jobs have been created for local workers in Manchester. Etihad’s additional maintenance facilities are currently located in Bombay, Dublin, Lahore, London-Heathrow and Sydney.
Using modern technology, the newest facility will perform all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on flights to Abu Dhabi and other destinations and it will include services such as transit, scheduled engineering, fault repairs for aircraft systems and cabins, and daily and weekly checks.
Vice President for Maintenance of Etihad Airways, Jeff Wilkinson who originates from Manchester, said: “We are delighted to open this line maintenance facility here in Manchester, especially on the day when we’ve started our double-daily services to Abu Dhabi.
“Our investment in Manchester illustrates the remarkable growth of the airline, our ambition to bring key services in-house in markets we operate to, and also to recruit locally.”
He added: “Over the coming months, Etihad will seek approval to enable this new facility to offer maintenance services to other airlines with the same aircraft types as Etihad Airways.”
The airline is now offering tourists double the amount of weekly flights for Abu Dhabi holidays as it increases its daily number of direct Manchester to Abu Dhabi flights from one to two. Once in Abu Dhabi, travellers will also be able to take advantage of onward connections to over 60 global destinations across the airline’s network.
Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Andrew Harrison, commented: “We are proud to welcome this new facility on the day that Etihad has doubled the frequency of its service.
“These initiatives reflect Etihad’s consistent commitment to the north of England, which will enable individual travellers and local businesses to use Manchester as a convenient hub to travel throughout the world.
“Etihad is a hugely important player in our long-haul network and we welcome its new staff to Manchester Airport (MAN).”
As well as providing flights for UK tourists taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways operates routes to destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...