Etihad celebrates Manchester's new maintenance facility and Abu Dhabi flights
Etihad Airways has announced the launch of two more Manchester milestones as it opens a new maintenance facility and the operation of twice-daily Abu Dhabi flights. The airline now offers 14 weekly non-stop flights to the United Arab Emirate.
Travellers can now take advantage of an increase in daily Abu Dhabi flights departing from Manchester Airport in the United Kingdom as Etihad Airways announces the launch of 14 direct weekly flights.
Etihad Airways is marking another significant milestone in Manchester with the opening of its brand new line maintenance facility. This is the airline’s sixth facility outside Abu Dhabi and as a result seven new jobs have been created for local workers in Manchester. Etihad’s additional maintenance facilities are currently located in Bombay, Dublin, Lahore, London-Heathrow and Sydney.
Using modern technology, the newest facility will perform all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on flights to Abu Dhabi and other destinations and it will include services such as transit, scheduled engineering, fault repairs for aircraft systems and cabins, and daily and weekly checks.
Vice President for Maintenance of Etihad Airways, Jeff Wilkinson who originates from Manchester, said: “We are delighted to open this line maintenance facility here in Manchester, especially on the day when we’ve started our double-daily services to Abu Dhabi.
“Our investment in Manchester illustrates the remarkable growth of the airline, our ambition to bring key services in-house in markets we operate to, and also to recruit locally.”
He added: “Over the coming months, Etihad will seek approval to enable this new facility to offer maintenance services to other airlines with the same aircraft types as Etihad Airways.”
The airline is now offering tourists double the amount of weekly flights for Abu Dhabi holidays as it increases its daily number of direct Manchester to Abu Dhabi flights from one to two. Once in Abu Dhabi, travellers will also be able to take advantage of onward connections to over 60 global destinations across the airline’s network.
Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Andrew Harrison, commented: “We are proud to welcome this new facility on the day that Etihad has doubled the frequency of its service.
“These initiatives reflect Etihad’s consistent commitment to the north of England, which will enable individual travellers and local businesses to use Manchester as a convenient hub to travel throughout the world.
“Etihad is a hugely important player in our long-haul network and we welcome its new staff to Manchester Airport (MAN).”
As well as providing flights for UK tourists taking holidays to Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways operates routes to destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...