Feast of Assumption to be celebrated soon in The Seychelles
The holy Feast of Assumption will be celebrated on 15th August in the island of La Digue. This event is one of the most anticipated by natives from all over the archipelago and by foreigners taking Seychelles holidays druing the celebrations.
A thrilling annual activity will be carried out for the pleasure of natives and tourists on 15th August in La Digue. This Seychelles island will be the host of the “Feast of Assumption”, a traditional and religious event in the Seychelles. The Seychelles Tourism Board has launched a flyer to promote this special homecoming to those foreign travellers with an interest in enjoying the celebrations during Seychelles holidays.
People from all over the country travel to La Digue island to take part in the celebrations, although nationals and locals are not the only ones keen to participate. With its range of exciting and colourful activities taking place throughout the entire island, this feast also draws the attention of visitors who are taking holidays in the Seychelles,
The entertaining performances from La Digue's hosts can last several days and go on all night. The festivities on 15th August usually begin with an outdoor mass at “La Grotto” which is attended by the Bishop of Seychelles. It is tradition for all the faithful worshippers who attend this mass, to then march through the lanes of La Digue until they reach the pictorial St. Mary´s Church.
The Seychelles Tourism Board considers that with the leaflet promotion, more interested visitors will be aware of the celebrations and want to join in. They believe that more foreigners would like to participate in this big event when planning on holidays to The Seychelles, so that they can fully immerse in the island´s culture and take part in these amazing traditional folkloric activities.
The Feast of Assumption is a very much anticipated happening and requires careful organisation. The Seychelles Tourism Board has been a partner of the festival´s organising committee for two years now, and it is their belief that this memorable feast in La Digue gives holidaymakers in the country the opportunity of not only celebrating an important religious event, but of getting to know a lot more about life in The Seychelles, the traditions and customs of their people, their music, their beliefs and their behaviour.
The Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Agne expresses her confidence in the successful outcome of the celebrations. Alain St.Agne says that this feast is a joyous festivity for citizens and an astounding experience for those enjoying Seychelles holidays.
“La Digue’s celebration on 15th August has always been a special event that attracts people from all across the archipelago like a magnet. We believe such an event should be promoted and tourists to the Seychelles should be encouraged to experience and appreciate it,” she concludes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...