Feast of Assumption to be celebrated soon in The Seychelles
The holy Feast of Assumption will be celebrated on 15th August in the island of La Digue. This event is one of the most anticipated by natives from all over the archipelago and by foreigners taking Seychelles holidays druing the celebrations.
A thrilling annual activity will be carried out for the pleasure of natives and tourists on 15th August in La Digue. This Seychelles island will be the host of the “Feast of Assumption”, a traditional and religious event in the Seychelles. The Seychelles Tourism Board has launched a flyer to promote this special homecoming to those foreign travellers with an interest in enjoying the celebrations during Seychelles holidays.
People from all over the country travel to La Digue island to take part in the celebrations, although nationals and locals are not the only ones keen to participate. With its range of exciting and colourful activities taking place throughout the entire island, this feast also draws the attention of visitors who are taking holidays in the Seychelles,
The entertaining performances from La Digue's hosts can last several days and go on all night. The festivities on 15th August usually begin with an outdoor mass at “La Grotto” which is attended by the Bishop of Seychelles. It is tradition for all the faithful worshippers who attend this mass, to then march through the lanes of La Digue until they reach the pictorial St. Mary´s Church.
The Seychelles Tourism Board considers that with the leaflet promotion, more interested visitors will be aware of the celebrations and want to join in. They believe that more foreigners would like to participate in this big event when planning on holidays to The Seychelles, so that they can fully immerse in the island´s culture and take part in these amazing traditional folkloric activities.
The Feast of Assumption is a very much anticipated happening and requires careful organisation. The Seychelles Tourism Board has been a partner of the festival´s organising committee for two years now, and it is their belief that this memorable feast in La Digue gives holidaymakers in the country the opportunity of not only celebrating an important religious event, but of getting to know a lot more about life in The Seychelles, the traditions and customs of their people, their music, their beliefs and their behaviour.
The Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Agne expresses her confidence in the successful outcome of the celebrations. Alain St.Agne says that this feast is a joyous festivity for citizens and an astounding experience for those enjoying Seychelles holidays.
“La Digue’s celebration on 15th August has always been a special event that attracts people from all across the archipelago like a magnet. We believe such an event should be promoted and tourists to the Seychelles should be encouraged to experience and appreciate it,” she concludes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...