United States to offer more charter flights to Cuba
Travellers from the United States will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights to take them to Cuba holidays as nine additional U.S cities are added to a list of permitted airports to provide travel to the beautiful Caribbean destination
As more tourists from the United States take advantage of the relaxed restrictions in Cuba travel rules, nine more cities in America have been added to the list of airports that are permitted to provide departure charter flights to the island.
The Cuban travel agency, Havantur Celimar, provides Cuba holidays for American travellers and has recently added Fort Lauderdale, New Orleans, Baltimore, Tampa, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, San Juan and Puerto Rico to an existing list of cities that provide charter flights to Cuba.
Earlier this year, U.S President Barack Obama eased restrictions on American citizens taking holidays to Cuba. Cuban-Americans have been allowed to freely visit their homeland since 2009 and American tourists are now able to travel to the Caribbean island for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Commercial Cuba flights are still banned to and from America but the relaxed rules will give many visitors from the United States the chance to discover the beautiful island for the first time in decades.
The eased restrictions are already having a positive impact on Cuba’s tourism industry and last year, over 350,000 Cuban Americans visited the island following Obama’s changes to the law.
The stunning Caribbean country is getting ready to receive an influx of American visitors who are planning their debut Cuba holidays and officials will be welcoming the boost to the destination’s tourism industry and economy as visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
Havantur Celimar is the leading tour operator that deals with Cuba travel within the American market. The company already provides charter flights to Cuba from Miami, Los Angeles and New York and tourists will soon be able to access flights from the newly added U.S cities via the tour operator.
As well as providing transport for American travellers, the company also offers a range of services once visitors have reached their destination, including hotel accommodation, cultural tours and activities, art and education programs, car rentals, tour guides, and insurance.
The U.S-Cuba travel and trade embargo was fully enforced in 1962. Over the years, various restrictions of the embargo have been lifted or eased but the debate still continues today over the complete lifting of the ban which would enable all U.S citizens to freely take Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...