United States to offer more charter flights to Cuba
Travellers from the United States will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights to take them to Cuba holidays as nine additional U.S cities are added to a list of permitted airports to provide travel to the beautiful Caribbean destination
As more tourists from the United States take advantage of the relaxed restrictions in Cuba travel rules, nine more cities in America have been added to the list of airports that are permitted to provide departure charter flights to the island.
The Cuban travel agency, Havantur Celimar, provides Cuba holidays for American travellers and has recently added Fort Lauderdale, New Orleans, Baltimore, Tampa, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, San Juan and Puerto Rico to an existing list of cities that provide charter flights to Cuba.
Earlier this year, U.S President Barack Obama eased restrictions on American citizens taking holidays to Cuba. Cuban-Americans have been allowed to freely visit their homeland since 2009 and American tourists are now able to travel to the Caribbean island for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Commercial Cuba flights are still banned to and from America but the relaxed rules will give many visitors from the United States the chance to discover the beautiful island for the first time in decades.
The eased restrictions are already having a positive impact on Cuba’s tourism industry and last year, over 350,000 Cuban Americans visited the island following Obama’s changes to the law.
The stunning Caribbean country is getting ready to receive an influx of American visitors who are planning their debut Cuba holidays and officials will be welcoming the boost to the destination’s tourism industry and economy as visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
Havantur Celimar is the leading tour operator that deals with Cuba travel within the American market. The company already provides charter flights to Cuba from Miami, Los Angeles and New York and tourists will soon be able to access flights from the newly added U.S cities via the tour operator.
As well as providing transport for American travellers, the company also offers a range of services once visitors have reached their destination, including hotel accommodation, cultural tours and activities, art and education programs, car rentals, tour guides, and insurance.
The U.S-Cuba travel and trade embargo was fully enforced in 1962. Over the years, various restrictions of the embargo have been lifted or eased but the debate still continues today over the complete lifting of the ban which would enable all U.S citizens to freely take Cuba holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...