St Lucia announces new "Our Planet" attraction
A great attraction for adults and children enjoying St Lucia holidays, a new "Our Planet" centre has just opened in St Lucia for the delight of those interested in eco-travel and learning about the many wonders of the earth and how to preserve it better.
St Lucia is proud to present travellers with its latest attraction in Castries, the newly built and launched “Our Planet Centre” – a state-of-the-art construction and learning centre, the very first of its kind anywhere in the world, which is now open for worldwide visitors to explore. The earthy and educational animation centre has just opened at La Place Carenage, Jeremie Street.
Created and designed with cutting edge technology, the highly interactive centre seeks to promote awareness for the preservation of the earth’s environment, starting from the tiny Caribbean island of St Lucia. Children and adults alike will be able to go on an exciting learning adventure during their holidays in St Lucia when making a stop at this awe-inspiring centre.
Sarah Adams, Executive Director of the newly launched project said that the recently formed “Our Planet” organisation believed that St Lucia with its largely unspoiled beauty and environment, was the ideal place to begin the movement of saving the Earth while there is still time.
The new centre has the biggest mirror-sphere in the world; boasts a hologram of Prince Charles that was recorded specifically for Saint Lucia as well as a “NASA Room” boasting features built by NASA especially for the Our Planet Centre right here in Saint Lucia. In fact every evening, like clockwork, NASA downloads information to the Centre, ensuring that the island is up to date on the latest trends in weather patterns around the world, tracking earthquakes, tsunamis and the formation of hurricanes.
Our Planet Centre also boasts several firsts for Saint Lucia – two snow machines that will allow patrons to view Castries Harbour through a snowstorm; several huge touch screen, fully computerised game boards that will allow visitors to the Centre learn about protecting the environment; a hurricane room; a fully equipped movie room complete with lasers, smoke and wind machines that simulate the experience of being caught in a storm and an interactive floor that patrons can walk onto as it teaches them about the endangered species of Saint Lucia. All of this and much more are some of the things that children will be able to enjoy during St Lucia holidays when visiting the centre. Even the not-so-young will enjoy some of the astonishing displays and animated features.
The multi-million dollar centre, funded primarily by the German Government with support from other overseas Corporations such as Marks and Spencers and the Hilton Group of Hotels also received support from the Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) among other local and foreign entities.
The idea of Our Planet was conceptualised by Executive Directors Sarah Adams and Pablo Rosenthal, who are on hand at the Jeremie Street Centre to explain their passion for preserving the earth’s environment, a little at a time. And whilst Our Planet Centre in St Lucia is the first of its kind in the world, the creators say that it is their intention to establish Centres just like this one in other Caribbean Islands, Central America and the United States.
One of the key advantages of having the facility is St Lucia is that all proceeds will go 100% back into the island, funding local environmental programmes such as recycling and litter management. As the Centre Directors say, this is a centre FOR Saint Lucians and so should be supported fully by St Lucians.
Another advantage, is the edge this new centre will give to St Lucia's tourism industry, making St Lucia holidays all the more appealing to environmentally-concerned travellers. The centre, based on the Castries Docks, will also vigorously target cruise ship visitors coming to enjoy holidays in St Lucia during the tourist season, and will be presenting them with full exhibitions that explain the fragility and importance of the earth and its significance to mankind.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...