First Dusit Maldives hotel to open in December 2011
A new ultra-luxurious Maldives hotel is to to enter the coveted maket of luxury Maldives holidays as the Dusit International Group brings some Thai culture to the shores of the private Mudhdhoo Island in the Baa Atoll.
A new hotel is due to soon be gracing the pristine Maldives shores of the Baa Atoll as Asian leading group, Dusit International announces plans to unveil their first ever Maldives hotel in the privately owned Mudhdhoo Island.
The new property is being developed at a distance of 40 minutes travelling time via sea plane from Male, and 10 minutes by speedboat from the new domestic airport.
Speaking about the new hotel and resort opening, Chief Executive Officer of Dusit Hotels International, Mr Chanin Donavanik said “This new project is our first foray into the Maldives, arguably one of the most beautiful destinations on earth. This is a very exciting addition to our growing portfolio and represents a great milestone for the Dusit brand. Dusit Thani will combine the rich flavour of Thai hospitality with the stunning tropical beauty of the Maldives.”
The new Dusit Thani Maldives is expected to open its doors to customers by mid December 2011 and is located northwest of Male, at the lovingly isolated Mudhdhoo Island. Set to provide the most outstanding luxury Maldives holidays imaginable, this brand new lavish resort will feature a stunning collection of 46 Beach Villas; 2 Beach Houses; 30 Water Villas; 20 Ocean Villas and two Ocean Houses. For the most indulging Maldives holiday experiences the resort will also be providing an extensive range of facilities including a 50-metre swimming pool, (the largest in the Maldives), a pool bar; over-water and grill restaurants; a magnificent tree top spa; various tennis courts; a dive centre and a wide range of water activities to be enjoyed in and around the resort.
Joining the prestigious list of luxury Maldives hotels, a total investment of around US$77,000,000 was put into this project with Dusit Hotels International as the majority shareholder. The signing ceremony was held at the Group’s flagship property, Dusit Thani Bangkok.
Sitting on its own private and very exclusive island, as Mr Ahmed Umar Maniku, Chairman and Managing Director of Coastline Hotels & Resorts Pte. Ltd., Maldivesand developer of Mudhdhoo Island Resort announced, “Coastline is extremely pleased with the sale of Mudhdhoo Island Resort, to such a highly respected and established brand such as Dusit International. We believe Dusit will bring not only a sizeable financial investment into the Maldives but will add significant value to the training and development of Maldivians through its outstanding hospitality training schools and colleges.”
The sale of the island was conducted through Maldives Resort Island Investments Pte. Ltd., whose core business is Resort Island Sales and Investments in the Maldives. Headed by Tom McLoughlin and Michael Flynn, they commented on the remarkable speed and efficency in finalising this deal. “ We are very proud and excited to be working with both Coastline and Dusit International on this project. The Island attracted an immense amount of interest, from a wide range of prospective investors, but ultimately Dusit International was carefully selected due to their established brand within the hospitality sector”.
The Dusit International Group has over 60 years of experience in the Asian hotel and hospitality sector, boasting a rather unique and prestigious porfolio of luxury hotels that reflect Thai culture and traditions whilst creating a highly customised and personalised level of service to make all guests feel truly welcome while enjoying the kind of luxury holidays experiences that the brand delivers. This superior level of service is made distinctive through the Dusit brand promise: "an experience that enlivens the individual spirit no matter what the journey.’
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...