First Dusit Maldives hotel to open in December 2011
A new ultra-luxurious Maldives hotel is to to enter the coveted maket of luxury Maldives holidays as the Dusit International Group brings some Thai culture to the shores of the private Mudhdhoo Island in the Baa Atoll.
A new hotel is due to soon be gracing the pristine Maldives shores of the Baa Atoll as Asian leading group, Dusit International announces plans to unveil their first ever Maldives hotel in the privately owned Mudhdhoo Island.
The new property is being developed at a distance of 40 minutes travelling time via sea plane from Male, and 10 minutes by speedboat from the new domestic airport.
Speaking about the new hotel and resort opening, Chief Executive Officer of Dusit Hotels International, Mr Chanin Donavanik said “This new project is our first foray into the Maldives, arguably one of the most beautiful destinations on earth. This is a very exciting addition to our growing portfolio and represents a great milestone for the Dusit brand. Dusit Thani will combine the rich flavour of Thai hospitality with the stunning tropical beauty of the Maldives.”
The new Dusit Thani Maldives is expected to open its doors to customers by mid December 2011 and is located northwest of Male, at the lovingly isolated Mudhdhoo Island. Set to provide the most outstanding luxury Maldives holidays imaginable, this brand new lavish resort will feature a stunning collection of 46 Beach Villas; 2 Beach Houses; 30 Water Villas; 20 Ocean Villas and two Ocean Houses. For the most indulging Maldives holiday experiences the resort will also be providing an extensive range of facilities including a 50-metre swimming pool, (the largest in the Maldives), a pool bar; over-water and grill restaurants; a magnificent tree top spa; various tennis courts; a dive centre and a wide range of water activities to be enjoyed in and around the resort.
Joining the prestigious list of luxury Maldives hotels, a total investment of around US$77,000,000 was put into this project with Dusit Hotels International as the majority shareholder. The signing ceremony was held at the Group’s flagship property, Dusit Thani Bangkok.
Sitting on its own private and very exclusive island, as Mr Ahmed Umar Maniku, Chairman and Managing Director of Coastline Hotels & Resorts Pte. Ltd., Maldivesand developer of Mudhdhoo Island Resort announced, “Coastline is extremely pleased with the sale of Mudhdhoo Island Resort, to such a highly respected and established brand such as Dusit International. We believe Dusit will bring not only a sizeable financial investment into the Maldives but will add significant value to the training and development of Maldivians through its outstanding hospitality training schools and colleges.”
The sale of the island was conducted through Maldives Resort Island Investments Pte. Ltd., whose core business is Resort Island Sales and Investments in the Maldives. Headed by Tom McLoughlin and Michael Flynn, they commented on the remarkable speed and efficency in finalising this deal. “ We are very proud and excited to be working with both Coastline and Dusit International on this project. The Island attracted an immense amount of interest, from a wide range of prospective investors, but ultimately Dusit International was carefully selected due to their established brand within the hospitality sector”.
The Dusit International Group has over 60 years of experience in the Asian hotel and hospitality sector, boasting a rather unique and prestigious porfolio of luxury hotels that reflect Thai culture and traditions whilst creating a highly customised and personalised level of service to make all guests feel truly welcome while enjoying the kind of luxury holidays experiences that the brand delivers. This superior level of service is made distinctive through the Dusit brand promise: "an experience that enlivens the individual spirit no matter what the journey.’
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...