First Dusit Maldives hotel to open in December 2011
A new ultra-luxurious Maldives hotel is to to enter the coveted maket of luxury Maldives holidays as the Dusit International Group brings some Thai culture to the shores of the private Mudhdhoo Island in the Baa Atoll.
A new hotel is due to soon be gracing the pristine Maldives shores of the Baa Atoll as Asian leading group, Dusit International announces plans to unveil their first ever Maldives hotel in the privately owned Mudhdhoo Island.
The new property is being developed at a distance of 40 minutes travelling time via sea plane from Male, and 10 minutes by speedboat from the new domestic airport.
Speaking about the new hotel and resort opening, Chief Executive Officer of Dusit Hotels International, Mr Chanin Donavanik said “This new project is our first foray into the Maldives, arguably one of the most beautiful destinations on earth. This is a very exciting addition to our growing portfolio and represents a great milestone for the Dusit brand. Dusit Thani will combine the rich flavour of Thai hospitality with the stunning tropical beauty of the Maldives.”
The new Dusit Thani Maldives is expected to open its doors to customers by mid December 2011 and is located northwest of Male, at the lovingly isolated Mudhdhoo Island. Set to provide the most outstanding luxury Maldives holidays imaginable, this brand new lavish resort will feature a stunning collection of 46 Beach Villas; 2 Beach Houses; 30 Water Villas; 20 Ocean Villas and two Ocean Houses. For the most indulging Maldives holiday experiences the resort will also be providing an extensive range of facilities including a 50-metre swimming pool, (the largest in the Maldives), a pool bar; over-water and grill restaurants; a magnificent tree top spa; various tennis courts; a dive centre and a wide range of water activities to be enjoyed in and around the resort.
Joining the prestigious list of luxury Maldives hotels, a total investment of around US$77,000,000 was put into this project with Dusit Hotels International as the majority shareholder. The signing ceremony was held at the Group’s flagship property, Dusit Thani Bangkok.
Sitting on its own private and very exclusive island, as Mr Ahmed Umar Maniku, Chairman and Managing Director of Coastline Hotels & Resorts Pte. Ltd., Maldivesand developer of Mudhdhoo Island Resort announced, “Coastline is extremely pleased with the sale of Mudhdhoo Island Resort, to such a highly respected and established brand such as Dusit International. We believe Dusit will bring not only a sizeable financial investment into the Maldives but will add significant value to the training and development of Maldivians through its outstanding hospitality training schools and colleges.”
The sale of the island was conducted through Maldives Resort Island Investments Pte. Ltd., whose core business is Resort Island Sales and Investments in the Maldives. Headed by Tom McLoughlin and Michael Flynn, they commented on the remarkable speed and efficency in finalising this deal. “ We are very proud and excited to be working with both Coastline and Dusit International on this project. The Island attracted an immense amount of interest, from a wide range of prospective investors, but ultimately Dusit International was carefully selected due to their established brand within the hospitality sector”.
The Dusit International Group has over 60 years of experience in the Asian hotel and hospitality sector, boasting a rather unique and prestigious porfolio of luxury hotels that reflect Thai culture and traditions whilst creating a highly customised and personalised level of service to make all guests feel truly welcome while enjoying the kind of luxury holidays experiences that the brand delivers. This superior level of service is made distinctive through the Dusit brand promise: "an experience that enlivens the individual spirit no matter what the journey.’
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...