Luxor Looks to Foreign Investors to Boost Tourism
The Tour Guide Union of Luxor is helping to increase the number of international travellers taking Egypt holidays to the southern beach resort by meeting with investors and launching new tour guides, according to the head of the Union, Anwar Aboul Magd.
The Tour Guide Union of Luxor is attempting to lure travellers to take Egypt holidays to the region once again by meeting with foreign investors and launching a batch of new tour guides.
The head of the union, Anwar Aboul Magd, recently told an Egyptian newspaper that the union is hoping to increase the number of tourists booking holidays to Egypt in an attempt to boost tourism within the Egyptian city which is situated in the south of the country.
Mr. Aboul Magd has met with the Governor of Luxor, Major General Khalid Fouda, to take the first steps towards encouraging visitors back to the region following the political unrest that took place across Egypt earlier this year.
A team of Japanese delegates are scheduled to arrive in Egypt soon to speak with tour operators about investment from the Asian country, and a group of German tourism investors will be visiting Luxor later this week.
In addition to sourcing investment from internationals, Mr. Aboul Magd said that the union recently celebrated the launch of a newly-trained group of 200 tour guides who will be placed across a selection of attractions and archaeological sites across Luxor. The new guides were tested during trips to important areas where they gained knowledge from the experience of veteran tour guides.
The most popular attractions that tourists visit in Luxor during Egypt holidays include the Valley of the Kings, the temple complexes of Luxor and Karnak, Medinet Habu, the Tombs of the Nobles, and the Ramesseum Temple.
The streets leading up to the Temple of Luxor offer plenty of opportunities to grab a bargain from dozens of stalls selling anything from local food dishes to handcrafted souvenirs at the traditional market. The East and West Banks of Luxor are divided by the renowned River Nile and tourists can enjoy boat trips across the river to reach their chosen destination during holidays in Egypt.
Over the years, the city has seen an increase in the development of luxury Luxor hotels and many international chains have entered the market including Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, Hilton Worldwide, Sofitel, Crowne Plaza, Radisson, and Intercontinental Hotels.
Egypt’s tourism industry took a severe knock earlier this year after riots broke out across the country as tens of thousands of anti-government protestors took to the streets calling for President Mubarak to step down from his position. The protests soon became violent after the Egyptian police intervened and the country was deemed to be unsafe for tourists.
Since the riots, Egypt has been struggling to attract travellers on the international scale it was used to and the government has recently launched a series of marketing campaigns across the world to promote the historic nation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...