Luxor Looks to Foreign Investors to Boost Tourism
The Tour Guide Union of Luxor is helping to increase the number of international travellers taking Egypt holidays to the southern beach resort by meeting with investors and launching new tour guides, according to the head of the Union, Anwar Aboul Magd.
The Tour Guide Union of Luxor is attempting to lure travellers to take Egypt holidays to the region once again by meeting with foreign investors and launching a batch of new tour guides.
The head of the union, Anwar Aboul Magd, recently told an Egyptian newspaper that the union is hoping to increase the number of tourists booking holidays to Egypt in an attempt to boost tourism within the Egyptian city which is situated in the south of the country.
Mr. Aboul Magd has met with the Governor of Luxor, Major General Khalid Fouda, to take the first steps towards encouraging visitors back to the region following the political unrest that took place across Egypt earlier this year.
A team of Japanese delegates are scheduled to arrive in Egypt soon to speak with tour operators about investment from the Asian country, and a group of German tourism investors will be visiting Luxor later this week.
In addition to sourcing investment from internationals, Mr. Aboul Magd said that the union recently celebrated the launch of a newly-trained group of 200 tour guides who will be placed across a selection of attractions and archaeological sites across Luxor. The new guides were tested during trips to important areas where they gained knowledge from the experience of veteran tour guides.
The most popular attractions that tourists visit in Luxor during Egypt holidays include the Valley of the Kings, the temple complexes of Luxor and Karnak, Medinet Habu, the Tombs of the Nobles, and the Ramesseum Temple.
The streets leading up to the Temple of Luxor offer plenty of opportunities to grab a bargain from dozens of stalls selling anything from local food dishes to handcrafted souvenirs at the traditional market. The East and West Banks of Luxor are divided by the renowned River Nile and tourists can enjoy boat trips across the river to reach their chosen destination during holidays in Egypt.
Over the years, the city has seen an increase in the development of luxury Luxor hotels and many international chains have entered the market including Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, Hilton Worldwide, Sofitel, Crowne Plaza, Radisson, and Intercontinental Hotels.
Egypt’s tourism industry took a severe knock earlier this year after riots broke out across the country as tens of thousands of anti-government protestors took to the streets calling for President Mubarak to step down from his position. The protests soon became violent after the Egyptian police intervened and the country was deemed to be unsafe for tourists.
Since the riots, Egypt has been struggling to attract travellers on the international scale it was used to and the government has recently launched a series of marketing campaigns across the world to promote the historic nation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Have fun in the sun, dive in the underwater gardens of the Red Sea and enjoy a myriad of activities for the whole family
- Great family resort with plenty of activities
- Only 5 minutes away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
- Enjoy astonishing variety of fish and marine life of the Red Sea
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...