CTO UK to host "Rum and Rhythm by the Sea" Festival in Brighton
Tourists planning to escape the dismal UK weather and head off to sunnier climates will be able to discover what Caribbean holidays have to offer next month as the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK launches the Rum and Rhythm By The Sea event in Brighton.
Brighton will be showcasing Caribbean holidays next month as the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK (CTO) hosts a four-day event called Rum and Rhythm by the Sea.
The event will take place at the Thistle Hotel on Saturday 6th August from 4pm-8pm and will give visitors the chance to experience what Caribbean holidays have to offer.
Rum and Rhythm by the Sea will feature Caribbean gastronomic delights from islands that include Bermuda, The Dominican Republic, Barbados, Jamaica, the Grenadines and St Kitts and St Vincent.
Exhibitors include Caribbean tourist boards, Caribbean hotels, tour operators and travel agents who will be promoting tropical holidays in the Caribbean.
Visitors will be able to enjoy traditional Caribbean food with tasting sessions and exhibitions from Brugal Rum, El Dorado Rum, Caymanas Rum Cake, Hotel Chocolat, and The Rum Experience.
Virgin Holidays and Sandals Resorts representatives will be on hand to offer any advice and information about holidays to the Caribbean.
During the event, there will be live music from the Caribbean band, Tropical Elements, and Momma Cherri, from ITV’s This Morning show, will also be sharing her knowledge of Caribbean cuisine by preparing some traditional Caribbean dishes for visitors to savour.
Tickets are available in advance for £25 per person and can be obtained from the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK or Thistle Hotel in Brighton. Otherwise the entry fee will be £28 on the door on the day.
The Caribbean is one of the most popular holiday destinations for UK travellers during the UK winter months. Jamaica holidays and Dominican Republic holidays are amongst the favourites for UK tourists due to the white sand beaches, tropical climate and wide choice of family and luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts (as well as the many good-value-for-money deals available at these destinations).
Jamaica is famous for its reggae music, traditional Caribbean cuisine, laid-back lifestyle, and breathtaking natural scenery which is made up of idyllic white soft sand beaches, fringed with palm trees and the turquoise ocean; the majestic Blue Mountains; lush green valleys with winding rivers; and beautiful spots such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios.
The Dominican Republic offers visitors an authentic Caribbean experience blended with modern luxury resorts and facilities. Punta Cana, which sits on the eastern tip of the island nation, is a popular holiday destination for families and couples. The popular beach resort is home to a selection of hotels and resorts, modern shopping centres, gourmet restaurants, evening entertainment, golf courses, watersports and beautiful landscapes comprising sugar sand beaches and lush tropical gardens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...