CTO UK to host "Rum and Rhythm by the Sea" Festival in Brighton
Tourists planning to escape the dismal UK weather and head off to sunnier climates will be able to discover what Caribbean holidays have to offer next month as the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK launches the Rum and Rhythm By The Sea event in Brighton.
Brighton will be showcasing Caribbean holidays next month as the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK (CTO) hosts a four-day event called Rum and Rhythm by the Sea.
The event will take place at the Thistle Hotel on Saturday 6th August from 4pm-8pm and will give visitors the chance to experience what Caribbean holidays have to offer.
Rum and Rhythm by the Sea will feature Caribbean gastronomic delights from islands that include Bermuda, The Dominican Republic, Barbados, Jamaica, the Grenadines and St Kitts and St Vincent.
Exhibitors include Caribbean tourist boards, Caribbean hotels, tour operators and travel agents who will be promoting tropical holidays in the Caribbean.
Visitors will be able to enjoy traditional Caribbean food with tasting sessions and exhibitions from Brugal Rum, El Dorado Rum, Caymanas Rum Cake, Hotel Chocolat, and The Rum Experience.
Virgin Holidays and Sandals Resorts representatives will be on hand to offer any advice and information about holidays to the Caribbean.
During the event, there will be live music from the Caribbean band, Tropical Elements, and Momma Cherri, from ITV’s This Morning show, will also be sharing her knowledge of Caribbean cuisine by preparing some traditional Caribbean dishes for visitors to savour.
Tickets are available in advance for £25 per person and can be obtained from the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK or Thistle Hotel in Brighton. Otherwise the entry fee will be £28 on the door on the day.
The Caribbean is one of the most popular holiday destinations for UK travellers during the UK winter months. Jamaica holidays and Dominican Republic holidays are amongst the favourites for UK tourists due to the white sand beaches, tropical climate and wide choice of family and luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts (as well as the many good-value-for-money deals available at these destinations).
Jamaica is famous for its reggae music, traditional Caribbean cuisine, laid-back lifestyle, and breathtaking natural scenery which is made up of idyllic white soft sand beaches, fringed with palm trees and the turquoise ocean; the majestic Blue Mountains; lush green valleys with winding rivers; and beautiful spots such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios.
The Dominican Republic offers visitors an authentic Caribbean experience blended with modern luxury resorts and facilities. Punta Cana, which sits on the eastern tip of the island nation, is a popular holiday destination for families and couples. The popular beach resort is home to a selection of hotels and resorts, modern shopping centres, gourmet restaurants, evening entertainment, golf courses, watersports and beautiful landscapes comprising sugar sand beaches and lush tropical gardens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...