CTO UK to host "Rum and Rhythm by the Sea" Festival in Brighton
Tourists planning to escape the dismal UK weather and head off to sunnier climates will be able to discover what Caribbean holidays have to offer next month as the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK launches the Rum and Rhythm By The Sea event in Brighton.
Brighton will be showcasing Caribbean holidays next month as the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK (CTO) hosts a four-day event called Rum and Rhythm by the Sea.
The event will take place at the Thistle Hotel on Saturday 6th August from 4pm-8pm and will give visitors the chance to experience what Caribbean holidays have to offer.
Rum and Rhythm by the Sea will feature Caribbean gastronomic delights from islands that include Bermuda, The Dominican Republic, Barbados, Jamaica, the Grenadines and St Kitts and St Vincent.
Exhibitors include Caribbean tourist boards, Caribbean hotels, tour operators and travel agents who will be promoting tropical holidays in the Caribbean.
Visitors will be able to enjoy traditional Caribbean food with tasting sessions and exhibitions from Brugal Rum, El Dorado Rum, Caymanas Rum Cake, Hotel Chocolat, and The Rum Experience.
Virgin Holidays and Sandals Resorts representatives will be on hand to offer any advice and information about holidays to the Caribbean.
During the event, there will be live music from the Caribbean band, Tropical Elements, and Momma Cherri, from ITV’s This Morning show, will also be sharing her knowledge of Caribbean cuisine by preparing some traditional Caribbean dishes for visitors to savour.
Tickets are available in advance for £25 per person and can be obtained from the Caribbean Tourism Organisation UK or Thistle Hotel in Brighton. Otherwise the entry fee will be £28 on the door on the day.
The Caribbean is one of the most popular holiday destinations for UK travellers during the UK winter months. Jamaica holidays and Dominican Republic holidays are amongst the favourites for UK tourists due to the white sand beaches, tropical climate and wide choice of family and luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts (as well as the many good-value-for-money deals available at these destinations).
Jamaica is famous for its reggae music, traditional Caribbean cuisine, laid-back lifestyle, and breathtaking natural scenery which is made up of idyllic white soft sand beaches, fringed with palm trees and the turquoise ocean; the majestic Blue Mountains; lush green valleys with winding rivers; and beautiful spots such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios.
The Dominican Republic offers visitors an authentic Caribbean experience blended with modern luxury resorts and facilities. Punta Cana, which sits on the eastern tip of the island nation, is a popular holiday destination for families and couples. The popular beach resort is home to a selection of hotels and resorts, modern shopping centres, gourmet restaurants, evening entertainment, golf courses, watersports and beautiful landscapes comprising sugar sand beaches and lush tropical gardens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...