Costa Rica Hotel hires Latin Celebrity Chef
A beautiful, adventure resort in Costa Rica's stunning National Park of Manuel Antonio has recently hired celebrity Latin Chef Marcel Iglesias who has earned culinary prestige in the country thanks to his TV shows, magazines features and YouTube channel.
Announcing that their long-standing search for a new chef had had officially ended after they found the ideal candidate, the Byblos Hotel and Resort in Costa Rica recently revealed the name of their new innovative executive chef who was no other than celebrity TV expert and Latin super Chef Marcel Figueroa Iglesias.
Having built a strong reputation and being widely recognised throughout Costa Rica for being the host of his popular TV programme “Cooking with Chef Marcel”, as well as its numerous features in magazines, Chef Marcel has earned prestige as the Latin Celebrity Chef par-excellence and now he will be offering his exceptional culinary skills to diners enjoying Costa Rica holidays at the Byblos Hotel and Resort.
Having specialised in restaurant and culinary consulting for over 15 years in aspects that include menu elaboration and costing, special event planning as well thematic live cooking demonstrations, Chef Marcel has launched several restaurant Grand Openings to much acclaimed success.
“I have always had a love for cooking and the show that goes with it. Even as a boy, my Grandmother could not get me out of the kitchen and finally just let me have my way.” Chef Marcel explains. “My family was not well off, so I learned to cook over a wood fire behind our house. As my skills improved, I quickly advanced to work in some of the most elaborate executive hotel kitchens in Costa Rica, which was like a dream to me.”
With his own very popular YouTube channel on cooking as well as a new Facebook page in which he shares some his favourite recipes, Chef Marcel is already sharing his culinary skill in the popular beach destination of Manuel Antonio. For his new job as hotel chef, Marcel has focused on modifying and refining the menus at Byblos to offer only the freshest and most sustainable local produce and ingredients available.
A boutique adventure resort located in Manuel Antonio, one of Costa Rica’s most beautiful coastal National Park boasting some of the best beaches in the country, the Byblos Hotel Resort and Casino has been offering travellers with exceptional, adventure-filled Costa Rica holidays since 1985.
One of the first Costa Rica hotels in Manuel Antonio designed to allow guests to explore the natural wonders of Costa Rica, the Byblos offers fantastic opportunities for wildlife encounters, adventure-sport travellers, Quepos fishing, and relaxing, less active possibilities. Here guests will find more modern amenities and comforts than most other 3 and 4-stars Costa Rica hotels in the Manuel Antonio and Quepos area.
The Byblos Hotel Resort and Casino takes pride in offering an extensive range of affordable and convenient tours and activities, tempting cuisine (now at the hands of renowned Chef Marcel), comfortable hotel accommodation, holiday and spa packages, as well as an additional, very exclusive luxury holiday rental home, Casa Sarita Villa, perfect for larger groups of visitors planning holidays to Costa Rica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...