Royal Caribbean Re-Launches Art on Royal Programme on Ships
Tourists will be able to enjoy art tours, seminars and auctions during Caribbean holidays as Royal Caribbean International announces the re-launch of its "Art on Royal" art programme, with work featured by artists such as Romero Britto and Thomas Kinkade.
Royal Caribbean International has announced the re-launch of its “Art on Royal” art programme which allows travellers taking Caribbean holidays aboard the cruise line’s 22 ships to take part in a wide range of art tours, auctions and seminars.
The art programme features the $120 million onboard collection of art including the works of Caribbean artists, Romero Britto and Thomas Kinkade. The programme was piloted on the Oasis of Seas cruise ship and is currently available on the Adventures of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas. Royal Caribbean International plans to integrate “Art on Royal”, which has been developed with the help of Art Actually, on most of the company’s ships by the end of 2011.
During Caribbean holidays aboard the cruise liners, guests can view and purchase items from the art collection and attend art-related events and seminars.
Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations for Royal Caribbean International, Lisa Bauer, said: “Royal Caribbean International has compiled one of the world’s largest private art collections, valued at $120 million, on display aboard our fleet of ships for our guests’ enjoyment.
“Guests have always marvelled at our art and many have inquired into how to purchase them. Art on Royal will offer guests the opportunity to take home a lasting work of art as a memory of their cruise vacation, as well as provide a broad menu of enriching, art-inspired programs featuring Royal Caribbean Signature Artists and Royal Art Icons pieces. This new art program is part of the Royal Advantage, Royal Caribbean’s commitment to deliver a compelling and most contemporary vacation experience.”
Tourists onboard will also be able to purchase souvenirs of their art-inspired holidays in the Caribbean that include limited-edition signed photographs, prints, one-off pieces, and art miniatures.
The extensive assortment of art has been collected over the past 20 years and comprises pieces from hundreds of established and new artists. The exclusive collection is one of the largest to be displayed on an ongoing basis. The Miami-based owner of ICArt and curators of the Royal Caribbean Art Collection, Art Actually, created the “Art on Royal” programme to provide a cultural experience for Royal Caribbean guests taking luxury holidays aboard the cruise ships.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...