Royal Caribbean Re-Launches Art on Royal Programme on Ships
Tourists will be able to enjoy art tours, seminars and auctions during Caribbean holidays as Royal Caribbean International announces the re-launch of its "Art on Royal" art programme, with work featured by artists such as Romero Britto and Thomas Kinkade.
Royal Caribbean International has announced the re-launch of its “Art on Royal” art programme which allows travellers taking Caribbean holidays aboard the cruise line’s 22 ships to take part in a wide range of art tours, auctions and seminars.
The art programme features the $120 million onboard collection of art including the works of Caribbean artists, Romero Britto and Thomas Kinkade. The programme was piloted on the Oasis of Seas cruise ship and is currently available on the Adventures of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas. Royal Caribbean International plans to integrate “Art on Royal”, which has been developed with the help of Art Actually, on most of the company’s ships by the end of 2011.
During Caribbean holidays aboard the cruise liners, guests can view and purchase items from the art collection and attend art-related events and seminars.
Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations for Royal Caribbean International, Lisa Bauer, said: “Royal Caribbean International has compiled one of the world’s largest private art collections, valued at $120 million, on display aboard our fleet of ships for our guests’ enjoyment.
“Guests have always marvelled at our art and many have inquired into how to purchase them. Art on Royal will offer guests the opportunity to take home a lasting work of art as a memory of their cruise vacation, as well as provide a broad menu of enriching, art-inspired programs featuring Royal Caribbean Signature Artists and Royal Art Icons pieces. This new art program is part of the Royal Advantage, Royal Caribbean’s commitment to deliver a compelling and most contemporary vacation experience.”
Tourists onboard will also be able to purchase souvenirs of their art-inspired holidays in the Caribbean that include limited-edition signed photographs, prints, one-off pieces, and art miniatures.
The extensive assortment of art has been collected over the past 20 years and comprises pieces from hundreds of established and new artists. The exclusive collection is one of the largest to be displayed on an ongoing basis. The Miami-based owner of ICArt and curators of the Royal Caribbean Art Collection, Art Actually, created the “Art on Royal” programme to provide a cultural experience for Royal Caribbean guests taking luxury holidays aboard the cruise ships.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...