Sol Melia announces 3rd Editon of Cuba's Varadero Golf Cup
The Sol Melia group has announced the official dates for this year's edition of the Cuba Golf Cup, due to take place between 20th - 22nd October 2011. All worldwide golfing hopefuls will be able to participate in the tournament during Cuba holidays.
Proudly announcing the third edition of the Cuba Golf Cup to golf-lovers all around the globe who come to the island to participate in this year’s competition, the Spanish group of hotels, Sol Melia Hotels has revealed the final dates for the event.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in Varadero during October this year might be lucky enough to get to compete in the tournament, which will be taking place at the Varadero Golf Club, Cuba’s first 18-hole golf course and the premier destination for golf lovers taking holidays to Cuba. Designed by architect Les Furber, President of the Canadian company Golf Design Service LTD, Vaaradero’s golf course is located between various deluxe Varadero hotels and covers an area of 3.5 km in the shape of a narrow strip. The Breezes Varadero, the Tuxpan, the Bella Costa, the Melia Las Americas, the Melia Varadero, the Sol Palmeras and the Sol Club Sirenas are all built surrounding the golf course and are Cuba hotels that give easy access to the golf club.
Officially due to kick off next 20th October with the finals being held on 22nd October the tournament will begin with a practice round on the first day whilst the actual competition will start on 21st October and last until 22nd October in the Strokeplay modality.
There will be two categories for participating gentlemen (from 0 to 14 handicap and from 15 to 26 handicap) and two categories for ladies (from 0 to 14 handicap and from 15 to 26 handicap).
Golfing hopefuls looking to participate in Cuba’s biggest golfing event should carefully start planning their holidays to Cuba now and register in advance for the event. The registration fee is 150 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) which translates to an approximate of £100 pounds sterling). The fee includes golfer’s welcome pack (shirts, caps, balls, bottle of rum and more), all green fees before, during and after the tournament, golf cart and refreshments during the competition’s two rounds and the Awards Gala Dinner. This fee can either be included in the total package price of the Cuba holiday or be paid directly in the Varadero hotel of the traveller’s choice.
Prizes will be awarded for the two best gross and net scores in each category and winners will receive a free all-inclusive, one-week stay for two persons in one of Sol Melia’s Cuba hotels.
If wanting to try your swing in a tropical, dreamy location and be in the chance for winning amazing holidays in Cuba for two at Melia’s prestigious collection of Cuba hotels, then don’t delay and call to book your Cuba holiday now and register your competition entry with us through The Holiday Place! We will be delighted to make every arrangement possible to make your golfing participation a memorable event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...