Sol Melia announces 3rd Editon of Cuba's Varadero Golf Cup
The Sol Melia group has announced the official dates for this year's edition of the Cuba Golf Cup, due to take place between 20th - 22nd October 2011. All worldwide golfing hopefuls will be able to participate in the tournament during Cuba holidays.
Proudly announcing the third edition of the Cuba Golf Cup to golf-lovers all around the globe who come to the island to participate in this year’s competition, the Spanish group of hotels, Sol Melia Hotels has revealed the final dates for the event.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in Varadero during October this year might be lucky enough to get to compete in the tournament, which will be taking place at the Varadero Golf Club, Cuba’s first 18-hole golf course and the premier destination for golf lovers taking holidays to Cuba. Designed by architect Les Furber, President of the Canadian company Golf Design Service LTD, Vaaradero’s golf course is located between various deluxe Varadero hotels and covers an area of 3.5 km in the shape of a narrow strip. The Breezes Varadero, the Tuxpan, the Bella Costa, the Melia Las Americas, the Melia Varadero, the Sol Palmeras and the Sol Club Sirenas are all built surrounding the golf course and are Cuba hotels that give easy access to the golf club.
Officially due to kick off next 20th October with the finals being held on 22nd October the tournament will begin with a practice round on the first day whilst the actual competition will start on 21st October and last until 22nd October in the Strokeplay modality.
There will be two categories for participating gentlemen (from 0 to 14 handicap and from 15 to 26 handicap) and two categories for ladies (from 0 to 14 handicap and from 15 to 26 handicap).
Golfing hopefuls looking to participate in Cuba’s biggest golfing event should carefully start planning their holidays to Cuba now and register in advance for the event. The registration fee is 150 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) which translates to an approximate of £100 pounds sterling). The fee includes golfer’s welcome pack (shirts, caps, balls, bottle of rum and more), all green fees before, during and after the tournament, golf cart and refreshments during the competition’s two rounds and the Awards Gala Dinner. This fee can either be included in the total package price of the Cuba holiday or be paid directly in the Varadero hotel of the traveller’s choice.
Prizes will be awarded for the two best gross and net scores in each category and winners will receive a free all-inclusive, one-week stay for two persons in one of Sol Melia’s Cuba hotels.
If wanting to try your swing in a tropical, dreamy location and be in the chance for winning amazing holidays in Cuba for two at Melia’s prestigious collection of Cuba hotels, then don’t delay and call to book your Cuba holiday now and register your competition entry with us through The Holiday Place! We will be delighted to make every arrangement possible to make your golfing participation a memorable event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...