Sol Melia announces 3rd Editon of Cuba's Varadero Golf Cup
The Sol Melia group has announced the official dates for this year's edition of the Cuba Golf Cup, due to take place between 20th - 22nd October 2011. All worldwide golfing hopefuls will be able to participate in the tournament during Cuba holidays.
Proudly announcing the third edition of the Cuba Golf Cup to golf-lovers all around the globe who come to the island to participate in this year’s competition, the Spanish group of hotels, Sol Melia Hotels has revealed the final dates for the event.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in Varadero during October this year might be lucky enough to get to compete in the tournament, which will be taking place at the Varadero Golf Club, Cuba’s first 18-hole golf course and the premier destination for golf lovers taking holidays to Cuba. Designed by architect Les Furber, President of the Canadian company Golf Design Service LTD, Vaaradero’s golf course is located between various deluxe Varadero hotels and covers an area of 3.5 km in the shape of a narrow strip. The Breezes Varadero, the Tuxpan, the Bella Costa, the Melia Las Americas, the Melia Varadero, the Sol Palmeras and the Sol Club Sirenas are all built surrounding the golf course and are Cuba hotels that give easy access to the golf club.
Officially due to kick off next 20th October with the finals being held on 22nd October the tournament will begin with a practice round on the first day whilst the actual competition will start on 21st October and last until 22nd October in the Strokeplay modality.
There will be two categories for participating gentlemen (from 0 to 14 handicap and from 15 to 26 handicap) and two categories for ladies (from 0 to 14 handicap and from 15 to 26 handicap).
Golfing hopefuls looking to participate in Cuba’s biggest golfing event should carefully start planning their holidays to Cuba now and register in advance for the event. The registration fee is 150 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) which translates to an approximate of £100 pounds sterling). The fee includes golfer’s welcome pack (shirts, caps, balls, bottle of rum and more), all green fees before, during and after the tournament, golf cart and refreshments during the competition’s two rounds and the Awards Gala Dinner. This fee can either be included in the total package price of the Cuba holiday or be paid directly in the Varadero hotel of the traveller’s choice.
Prizes will be awarded for the two best gross and net scores in each category and winners will receive a free all-inclusive, one-week stay for two persons in one of Sol Melia’s Cuba hotels.
If wanting to try your swing in a tropical, dreamy location and be in the chance for winning amazing holidays in Cuba for two at Melia’s prestigious collection of Cuba hotels, then don’t delay and call to book your Cuba holiday now and register your competition entry with us through The Holiday Place! We will be delighted to make every arrangement possible to make your golfing participation a memorable event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...