Dubai Summer Surprises to Boost Hotel Occupancy Levels
The number of tourists taking Dubai holidays this summer is expected to soar after the Dubai Summer Surprises promotion attracts travellers from all over the world to the city's participating hotels, tourist attractions, shopping malls and restaurants.
Several Dubai hotels are expecting to record a significant increase in occupancy levels this summer after the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) promotion kicked off its list of special events and activities last month.
The Dubai Summer Surprises started on 22nd June, 2011 and will continue its promotional activities for the delight of tourists taking Dubai holidays until 31st July, 2011.
The Vice-President of Sales at Rotana Hotels, Naeem Derkezali, is expecting occupancy levels across its United Arab Emirates hotels to reach 80 per cent as a large influx of travellers take holidays in Dubai during the sizzling summer season.
In the same way, Joydeep Ghosh, the Director of Sales and Marketing at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, is expecting levels to exceed 70 per cent. He further explained: "Unfortunately we do expect a small drop during Ramadan as there is less travelling traffic in the region. This will affect the occupancy and revenues in a negative way."
Many of the emirate’s hotels have launched a series of offers that are designed specifically for travellers going on holidays to Dubai during the DSS season.
The annual festival is organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) and is aimed at families planning to take luxury holidays across the GCC. The summer event also helps increase occupancy levels for hotels in Dubai during their “weaker” tourist season.
Vice-President of Dubai Sales and Marketing for the Jumeirah Group, Christian Pertl, said: "Summer is traditionally a softer period for Jumeirah hotels in Dubai and we always develop special packages during that period."
The Jumeirah Group is offering residents of the GCC, India and Iran an "extra 10 per cent discount" off room rates during the DSS to encourage more guests from neighbouring countries.
Rotana's Derkezali added that the group is offering room rates starting from Dh200 per night for long stay Dubai holidays during the DSS period. He said: "Hotels utilise events like Dubai Summer Surprises as an opportunity to create packages that are affordable and offer value-for-money experiences."
Moevenpick Hotel Deira is offering complimentary shuttle services to the private beach on the Palm Jumeirah, and the city's major shopping malls and attractions.
This is the 14th edition of the Dubai Summer Surprises and the event will feature entertainment shows, concerts, exhibitions, sports and games, competitions, and a range of discounts across Dubai’s spectacular shopping malls, spas and attractions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...