Dubai Summer Surprises to Boost Hotel Occupancy Levels
The number of tourists taking Dubai holidays this summer is expected to soar after the Dubai Summer Surprises promotion attracts travellers from all over the world to the city's participating hotels, tourist attractions, shopping malls and restaurants.
Several Dubai hotels are expecting to record a significant increase in occupancy levels this summer after the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) promotion kicked off its list of special events and activities last month.
The Dubai Summer Surprises started on 22nd June, 2011 and will continue its promotional activities for the delight of tourists taking Dubai holidays until 31st July, 2011.
The Vice-President of Sales at Rotana Hotels, Naeem Derkezali, is expecting occupancy levels across its United Arab Emirates hotels to reach 80 per cent as a large influx of travellers take holidays in Dubai during the sizzling summer season.
In the same way, Joydeep Ghosh, the Director of Sales and Marketing at Moevenpick Hotel Deira, is expecting levels to exceed 70 per cent. He further explained: "Unfortunately we do expect a small drop during Ramadan as there is less travelling traffic in the region. This will affect the occupancy and revenues in a negative way."
Many of the emirate’s hotels have launched a series of offers that are designed specifically for travellers going on holidays to Dubai during the DSS season.
The annual festival is organised by the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) and is aimed at families planning to take luxury holidays across the GCC. The summer event also helps increase occupancy levels for hotels in Dubai during their “weaker” tourist season.
Vice-President of Dubai Sales and Marketing for the Jumeirah Group, Christian Pertl, said: "Summer is traditionally a softer period for Jumeirah hotels in Dubai and we always develop special packages during that period."
The Jumeirah Group is offering residents of the GCC, India and Iran an "extra 10 per cent discount" off room rates during the DSS to encourage more guests from neighbouring countries.
Rotana's Derkezali added that the group is offering room rates starting from Dh200 per night for long stay Dubai holidays during the DSS period. He said: "Hotels utilise events like Dubai Summer Surprises as an opportunity to create packages that are affordable and offer value-for-money experiences."
Moevenpick Hotel Deira is offering complimentary shuttle services to the private beach on the Palm Jumeirah, and the city's major shopping malls and attractions.
This is the 14th edition of the Dubai Summer Surprises and the event will feature entertainment shows, concerts, exhibitions, sports and games, competitions, and a range of discounts across Dubai’s spectacular shopping malls, spas and attractions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...