Kenya Airways to launch flights to Ouagadougou this month
Kenya Airways, leading provider of flights to Kenya holidays, announced this week the launch of its new service to the East African nation of Burkina Faso, starting from next week with direct flights to Ouagadougou from Nairobi.
Kenya Airways has been busy expanding its network to appeal to a wider range of travellers planning Africa holidays. The airline announced this week that it will be launching flights to Burkina Faso next week.
The flights will start on 15th July, 2011, and will depart from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi twice a week on Fridays and Mondays, taking travellers to their holidays in Africa via Cotonou in Benin.
Kenya Airways intends to not only provide flights for Kenya holidays, but also , but also to expand its services across the African continent, according to Kenya Airways Chief Executive Officer Dr. Titus Naikuni.
“Our plans to fly to every capital in Africa by 2013 and consolidate our route network on the continent are well on course. Ougadougou is the 2nd of the routes that we have opened this year after Ndjamena in Chad, with plans at various stages for a further 6 destinations in the course of this financial year,” he said.
Dr. Naikuni added that the airline was looking to diversify its offerings across Africa so that travellers could combine Africa holidays in Kenya with other destinations within the region.
“Transport is an important factor in economic development because it enables movement of people, goods, and services, as well as access to markets, especially for landlocked countries. With this African expansion strategy, Kenya Airways is opening up the continent to a world of opportunity,” he added.
A local General Sales Agent has been appointed by Kenya Airways in Ouagadougou to oversee the operations of the new route and a sales office base has been set up in the lead up to the launch on 15th July.
Ougadougou is the capital of Burkina Faso, an East African land-locked country, and is a city that is heavily involved in the textile and food processing industries.
Kenya Airways is the leading carrier in Kenya and the airline also has several partnerships with international airlines including Air France, KLM, Jet Airways, Korean Air and Mauritius Air, enabling travellers from all over the world to take Kenya holidays.
Ougadougou is the 55th of the airline’s worldwide destinations and the new flights will be operated by a Boeing 737–800.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...