Kenya Airways to launch flights to Ouagadougou this month
Kenya Airways, leading provider of flights to Kenya holidays, announced this week the launch of its new service to the East African nation of Burkina Faso, starting from next week with direct flights to Ouagadougou from Nairobi.
Kenya Airways has been busy expanding its network to appeal to a wider range of travellers planning Africa holidays. The airline announced this week that it will be launching flights to Burkina Faso next week.
The flights will start on 15th July, 2011, and will depart from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi twice a week on Fridays and Mondays, taking travellers to their holidays in Africa via Cotonou in Benin.
Kenya Airways intends to not only provide flights for Kenya holidays, but also , but also to expand its services across the African continent, according to Kenya Airways Chief Executive Officer Dr. Titus Naikuni.
“Our plans to fly to every capital in Africa by 2013 and consolidate our route network on the continent are well on course. Ougadougou is the 2nd of the routes that we have opened this year after Ndjamena in Chad, with plans at various stages for a further 6 destinations in the course of this financial year,” he said.
Dr. Naikuni added that the airline was looking to diversify its offerings across Africa so that travellers could combine Africa holidays in Kenya with other destinations within the region.
“Transport is an important factor in economic development because it enables movement of people, goods, and services, as well as access to markets, especially for landlocked countries. With this African expansion strategy, Kenya Airways is opening up the continent to a world of opportunity,” he added.
A local General Sales Agent has been appointed by Kenya Airways in Ouagadougou to oversee the operations of the new route and a sales office base has been set up in the lead up to the launch on 15th July.
Ougadougou is the capital of Burkina Faso, an East African land-locked country, and is a city that is heavily involved in the textile and food processing industries.
Kenya Airways is the leading carrier in Kenya and the airline also has several partnerships with international airlines including Air France, KLM, Jet Airways, Korean Air and Mauritius Air, enabling travellers from all over the world to take Kenya holidays.
Ougadougou is the 55th of the airline’s worldwide destinations and the new flights will be operated by a Boeing 737–800.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...