Kenya Airways to launch flights to Ouagadougou this month
Kenya Airways, leading provider of flights to Kenya holidays, announced this week the launch of its new service to the East African nation of Burkina Faso, starting from next week with direct flights to Ouagadougou from Nairobi.
Kenya Airways has been busy expanding its network to appeal to a wider range of travellers planning Africa holidays. The airline announced this week that it will be launching flights to Burkina Faso next week.
The flights will start on 15th July, 2011, and will depart from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi twice a week on Fridays and Mondays, taking travellers to their holidays in Africa via Cotonou in Benin.
Kenya Airways intends to not only provide flights for Kenya holidays, but also , but also to expand its services across the African continent, according to Kenya Airways Chief Executive Officer Dr. Titus Naikuni.
“Our plans to fly to every capital in Africa by 2013 and consolidate our route network on the continent are well on course. Ougadougou is the 2nd of the routes that we have opened this year after Ndjamena in Chad, with plans at various stages for a further 6 destinations in the course of this financial year,” he said.
Dr. Naikuni added that the airline was looking to diversify its offerings across Africa so that travellers could combine Africa holidays in Kenya with other destinations within the region.
“Transport is an important factor in economic development because it enables movement of people, goods, and services, as well as access to markets, especially for landlocked countries. With this African expansion strategy, Kenya Airways is opening up the continent to a world of opportunity,” he added.
A local General Sales Agent has been appointed by Kenya Airways in Ouagadougou to oversee the operations of the new route and a sales office base has been set up in the lead up to the launch on 15th July.
Ougadougou is the capital of Burkina Faso, an East African land-locked country, and is a city that is heavily involved in the textile and food processing industries.
Kenya Airways is the leading carrier in Kenya and the airline also has several partnerships with international airlines including Air France, KLM, Jet Airways, Korean Air and Mauritius Air, enabling travellers from all over the world to take Kenya holidays.
Ougadougou is the 55th of the airline’s worldwide destinations and the new flights will be operated by a Boeing 737–800.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...