Kenya Airways to launch flights to Ouagadougou this month
Kenya Airways, leading provider of flights to Kenya holidays, announced this week the launch of its new service to the East African nation of Burkina Faso, starting from next week with direct flights to Ouagadougou from Nairobi.
Kenya Airways has been busy expanding its network to appeal to a wider range of travellers planning Africa holidays. The airline announced this week that it will be launching flights to Burkina Faso next week.
The flights will start on 15th July, 2011, and will depart from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi twice a week on Fridays and Mondays, taking travellers to their holidays in Africa via Cotonou in Benin.
Kenya Airways intends to not only provide flights for Kenya holidays, but also , but also to expand its services across the African continent, according to Kenya Airways Chief Executive Officer Dr. Titus Naikuni.
“Our plans to fly to every capital in Africa by 2013 and consolidate our route network on the continent are well on course. Ougadougou is the 2nd of the routes that we have opened this year after Ndjamena in Chad, with plans at various stages for a further 6 destinations in the course of this financial year,” he said.
Dr. Naikuni added that the airline was looking to diversify its offerings across Africa so that travellers could combine Africa holidays in Kenya with other destinations within the region.
“Transport is an important factor in economic development because it enables movement of people, goods, and services, as well as access to markets, especially for landlocked countries. With this African expansion strategy, Kenya Airways is opening up the continent to a world of opportunity,” he added.
A local General Sales Agent has been appointed by Kenya Airways in Ouagadougou to oversee the operations of the new route and a sales office base has been set up in the lead up to the launch on 15th July.
Ougadougou is the capital of Burkina Faso, an East African land-locked country, and is a city that is heavily involved in the textile and food processing industries.
Kenya Airways is the leading carrier in Kenya and the airline also has several partnerships with international airlines including Air France, KLM, Jet Airways, Korean Air and Mauritius Air, enabling travellers from all over the world to take Kenya holidays.
Ougadougou is the 55th of the airline’s worldwide destinations and the new flights will be operated by a Boeing 737–800.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...