Kenya Airways to launch flights to Ouagadougou this month
Kenya Airways, leading provider of flights to Kenya holidays, announced this week the launch of its new service to the East African nation of Burkina Faso, starting from next week with direct flights to Ouagadougou from Nairobi.
Kenya Airways has been busy expanding its network to appeal to a wider range of travellers planning Africa holidays. The airline announced this week that it will be launching flights to Burkina Faso next week.
The flights will start on 15th July, 2011, and will depart from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi twice a week on Fridays and Mondays, taking travellers to their holidays in Africa via Cotonou in Benin.
Kenya Airways intends to not only provide flights for Kenya holidays, but also , but also to expand its services across the African continent, according to Kenya Airways Chief Executive Officer Dr. Titus Naikuni.
“Our plans to fly to every capital in Africa by 2013 and consolidate our route network on the continent are well on course. Ougadougou is the 2nd of the routes that we have opened this year after Ndjamena in Chad, with plans at various stages for a further 6 destinations in the course of this financial year,” he said.
Dr. Naikuni added that the airline was looking to diversify its offerings across Africa so that travellers could combine Africa holidays in Kenya with other destinations within the region.
“Transport is an important factor in economic development because it enables movement of people, goods, and services, as well as access to markets, especially for landlocked countries. With this African expansion strategy, Kenya Airways is opening up the continent to a world of opportunity,” he added.
A local General Sales Agent has been appointed by Kenya Airways in Ouagadougou to oversee the operations of the new route and a sales office base has been set up in the lead up to the launch on 15th July.
Ougadougou is the capital of Burkina Faso, an East African land-locked country, and is a city that is heavily involved in the textile and food processing industries.
Kenya Airways is the leading carrier in Kenya and the airline also has several partnerships with international airlines including Air France, KLM, Jet Airways, Korean Air and Mauritius Air, enabling travellers from all over the world to take Kenya holidays.
Ougadougou is the 55th of the airline’s worldwide destinations and the new flights will be operated by a Boeing 737–800.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...