Airlines launch special offers for Dubai holidays this summer
Just in time for this year's "Dubai Summer Surprises" event, most major airlines in the Middle East have been gearing up to meet increased traveller volume and have launched a range of offers and special packages to draw more visitors to Dubai holidays.
Some of Dubai’s major airlines are currently gearing up to receive an increasing numbers of passengers this summer season. In order to meet the expected rise in demand, airlines are launching special fares and packages to entice an even larger number of travellers to go on holidays to Dubai.
Dubai airlines’ new range of offers and packages are being aggressively promoted all across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) which are responsible for the emirate’s largest tourism market. Currently, the GCC accounts for Dubai’s main tourism base, sending thousands of travellers to Dubai holidays all-year-long.
But it is during the summer season that the largest amount of travellers from the Gulf countries gets busy planning Dubai holidays. According to industry experts, Dubai is to see an even larger and unprecedented number of GCC visitors this summer, due especially to the current edgy political situation in the Middle East and Dubai’s prestigious reputation as one of the best holiday destinations in the region. It is ultimately down to Dubai’s prime positioning as a favourite holiday hotspot that puts it in first place for Middle Eastern holidaymakers who come on Dubai holidays to enjoy its numerous attractions and festive events like the Dubai Summer Surprises which kicks off this summer season.
“Emirates continues to provide special offers during the summer months to promote Dubai as an ideal holiday destination and promoting travel into Dubai. ” – says Ahmed Khoury, Senior VP at Emirates Airlines, who believes that the demand for travel to Dubai this summer 2011 will be on its highest peak as holidaymakers will want to make the most of the fabulous shopping opportunities Dubai offers in addition to the landmarks the city boasts and which visitors will want to tours.
Other senior airline officials also support that view. CEO of Fly Dubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith announced the budget carrier has been currently experiencing a rising demand for flights to Dubai from the GCC and the Middle East. He also revealed that Fly Dubai had seen an increase of 200 per cent in passenger numbers since the air carrier was launched in 2009.
In order to meet that increase in demand and to ensure Dubai gets as many visitors as possible this summer, some airlines have been introducing some amazing promotional offers including group value offers where travellers are given discounted fares and five-star hotel packages to stay in some of the most luxurious Dubai hotels, in addition to access to some of Dubai’s most important events and recreational activities this season.
One leading Dubai airline and Dubai’s national carrier, Emirates is currently collaborating with various institutions and tourism entities to market Dubai as a summer destination for tourists all through the year. In 2011, as part of the ‘young flyers’ programme, Emirates has introduced a global campaign featuring a summer in Dubai - aimed at attracting more families to DSS. This special summer offer was launched at the start of summer festival and is valid until September 30.
Emirates is also offering combined hotel and air travel packages and some of the packages are in partnership with The Dubai Mall that offers children below the age of twelve years free access to recreational activities. The programme also offers children free entry to a number of attractions including the Dubai Dolphinarium, Ski Dubai, and Wild Wadi.
Air Arabia, is yet another airline to join the special offers group, as it has also introduced exclusive promotions for the summer. The ‘Win the value of your ticket’ promotion will give travellers the opportunity to recover the value of their tickets.
“Air Arabia is offering 50 passengers the chance to win back the price of their tickets when advance bookings are made,” said PR director at Air Arabia, Hussam Raydan, who also revealed that the move was to highlight the carrier’s commitment to offer customers something beneficial on a daily basis.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...