Virgin Atlantic to start flying British passengers to Cancun holidays in 2012
A great new announcement for the Cancun holidays industry has been made by the Virgin Atlantic team as the company recently revealed the start of a new flight route between London and Cancun, due to begin operating next summer season, from 12th June 2012.
An exciting new announcement has reached us from the Virgin Atlantic team as they confirmed that starting 12th June 2010 they will start flying to a new (and very popular) holiday destination in the Caribbean: Cancun.
The news have been very welcomed indeed by everyone in the British and the Caribbean holidays industry but more specifically by the Cancun holidays market, who desperately need a larger influx of tourists and the wider public to place trust in them again as a safe and valuable beach holiday destination.
After their image was badly damaged due to incidents that happened in other Mexican estates, Mexican authorities have been working hard to re-establish the previously untouchable and impeccable status that Cancun holidays enjoyed in the Caribbean holiday industry as one of the leading destinations in the region.
Famous for providing discerning travellers with top luxury holidays at top luxury hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, holidays to Cancun have been popular amidst British travellers for quite some time now asn the Riviera Maya is quickly emerging as a big contender in the Caribbean. And now with this new flight due to start operating soon, holidaymakers will have more choice and flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays.
After announcing the new flight route for Virgin Atlantic, Sir Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic expressed his joy over the new destination and speaking from Miami he said:
“We are so pleased to be launching flights to Cancun next year. Many customers have asked us to fly direct to this exciting destination over the years. With its superb beaches, great hotels and cultural sites, tourism in Cancun is thriving. We believe that we can drive demand even higher by providing great competition to our rivals with our award winning product and service.
“Cancun is one of the top five long-haul leisure destinations for UK holiday makers, so we are delighted to be able to add this route to the network. This route launch further cements our position as the UK’s leading long haul leisure airline.”
The new route between London and Cancun (CUN) will start operating next summer. Virgin Atlantic will offer a twice-weekly service which is due to begin on 12th June 2012 and will see up to 94,000 Virgin Atlantic customers travelling between London and Cancun in the first year.
The new twice-weekly service taking onboard a good volume of British passengers travelling to their holidays in Cancun, will be operated by a Boeing 747-400, which will be configured with 14 Upper Class Suites, 58 Premium Economy seats and 379 Economy seats.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...