Virgin Atlantic to start flying British passengers to Cancun holidays in 2012
A great new announcement for the Cancun holidays industry has been made by the Virgin Atlantic team as the company recently revealed the start of a new flight route between London and Cancun, due to begin operating next summer season, from 12th June 2012.
An exciting new announcement has reached us from the Virgin Atlantic team as they confirmed that starting 12th June 2010 they will start flying to a new (and very popular) holiday destination in the Caribbean: Cancun.
The news have been very welcomed indeed by everyone in the British and the Caribbean holidays industry but more specifically by the Cancun holidays market, who desperately need a larger influx of tourists and the wider public to place trust in them again as a safe and valuable beach holiday destination.
After their image was badly damaged due to incidents that happened in other Mexican estates, Mexican authorities have been working hard to re-establish the previously untouchable and impeccable status that Cancun holidays enjoyed in the Caribbean holiday industry as one of the leading destinations in the region.
Famous for providing discerning travellers with top luxury holidays at top luxury hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, holidays to Cancun have been popular amidst British travellers for quite some time now asn the Riviera Maya is quickly emerging as a big contender in the Caribbean. And now with this new flight due to start operating soon, holidaymakers will have more choice and flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays.
After announcing the new flight route for Virgin Atlantic, Sir Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic expressed his joy over the new destination and speaking from Miami he said:
“We are so pleased to be launching flights to Cancun next year. Many customers have asked us to fly direct to this exciting destination over the years. With its superb beaches, great hotels and cultural sites, tourism in Cancun is thriving. We believe that we can drive demand even higher by providing great competition to our rivals with our award winning product and service.
“Cancun is one of the top five long-haul leisure destinations for UK holiday makers, so we are delighted to be able to add this route to the network. This route launch further cements our position as the UK’s leading long haul leisure airline.”
The new route between London and Cancun (CUN) will start operating next summer. Virgin Atlantic will offer a twice-weekly service which is due to begin on 12th June 2012 and will see up to 94,000 Virgin Atlantic customers travelling between London and Cancun in the first year.
The new twice-weekly service taking onboard a good volume of British passengers travelling to their holidays in Cancun, will be operated by a Boeing 747-400, which will be configured with 14 Upper Class Suites, 58 Premium Economy seats and 379 Economy seats.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...