Virgin Atlantic to start flying British passengers to Cancun holidays in 2012
A great new announcement for the Cancun holidays industry has been made by the Virgin Atlantic team as the company recently revealed the start of a new flight route between London and Cancun, due to begin operating next summer season, from 12th June 2012.
An exciting new announcement has reached us from the Virgin Atlantic team as they confirmed that starting 12th June 2010 they will start flying to a new (and very popular) holiday destination in the Caribbean: Cancun.
The news have been very welcomed indeed by everyone in the British and the Caribbean holidays industry but more specifically by the Cancun holidays market, who desperately need a larger influx of tourists and the wider public to place trust in them again as a safe and valuable beach holiday destination.
After their image was badly damaged due to incidents that happened in other Mexican estates, Mexican authorities have been working hard to re-establish the previously untouchable and impeccable status that Cancun holidays enjoyed in the Caribbean holiday industry as one of the leading destinations in the region.
Famous for providing discerning travellers with top luxury holidays at top luxury hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, holidays to Cancun have been popular amidst British travellers for quite some time now asn the Riviera Maya is quickly emerging as a big contender in the Caribbean. And now with this new flight due to start operating soon, holidaymakers will have more choice and flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays.
After announcing the new flight route for Virgin Atlantic, Sir Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic expressed his joy over the new destination and speaking from Miami he said:
“We are so pleased to be launching flights to Cancun next year. Many customers have asked us to fly direct to this exciting destination over the years. With its superb beaches, great hotels and cultural sites, tourism in Cancun is thriving. We believe that we can drive demand even higher by providing great competition to our rivals with our award winning product and service.
“Cancun is one of the top five long-haul leisure destinations for UK holiday makers, so we are delighted to be able to add this route to the network. This route launch further cements our position as the UK’s leading long haul leisure airline.”
The new route between London and Cancun (CUN) will start operating next summer. Virgin Atlantic will offer a twice-weekly service which is due to begin on 12th June 2012 and will see up to 94,000 Virgin Atlantic customers travelling between London and Cancun in the first year.
The new twice-weekly service taking onboard a good volume of British passengers travelling to their holidays in Cancun, will be operated by a Boeing 747-400, which will be configured with 14 Upper Class Suites, 58 Premium Economy seats and 379 Economy seats.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...