Virgin Atlantic to start flying British passengers to Cancun holidays in 2012
A great new announcement for the Cancun holidays industry has been made by the Virgin Atlantic team as the company recently revealed the start of a new flight route between London and Cancun, due to begin operating next summer season, from 12th June 2012.
An exciting new announcement has reached us from the Virgin Atlantic team as they confirmed that starting 12th June 2010 they will start flying to a new (and very popular) holiday destination in the Caribbean: Cancun.
The news have been very welcomed indeed by everyone in the British and the Caribbean holidays industry but more specifically by the Cancun holidays market, who desperately need a larger influx of tourists and the wider public to place trust in them again as a safe and valuable beach holiday destination.
After their image was badly damaged due to incidents that happened in other Mexican estates, Mexican authorities have been working hard to re-establish the previously untouchable and impeccable status that Cancun holidays enjoyed in the Caribbean holiday industry as one of the leading destinations in the region.
Famous for providing discerning travellers with top luxury holidays at top luxury hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, holidays to Cancun have been popular amidst British travellers for quite some time now asn the Riviera Maya is quickly emerging as a big contender in the Caribbean. And now with this new flight due to start operating soon, holidaymakers will have more choice and flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays.
After announcing the new flight route for Virgin Atlantic, Sir Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic expressed his joy over the new destination and speaking from Miami he said:
“We are so pleased to be launching flights to Cancun next year. Many customers have asked us to fly direct to this exciting destination over the years. With its superb beaches, great hotels and cultural sites, tourism in Cancun is thriving. We believe that we can drive demand even higher by providing great competition to our rivals with our award winning product and service.
“Cancun is one of the top five long-haul leisure destinations for UK holiday makers, so we are delighted to be able to add this route to the network. This route launch further cements our position as the UK’s leading long haul leisure airline.”
The new route between London and Cancun (CUN) will start operating next summer. Virgin Atlantic will offer a twice-weekly service which is due to begin on 12th June 2012 and will see up to 94,000 Virgin Atlantic customers travelling between London and Cancun in the first year.
The new twice-weekly service taking onboard a good volume of British passengers travelling to their holidays in Cancun, will be operated by a Boeing 747-400, which will be configured with 14 Upper Class Suites, 58 Premium Economy seats and 379 Economy seats.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...