Sansa Airlines launches new flights for Costa Rica holidays to Limon
Next month, Sansa Airlines will be providing regular flights for Costa Rica holidays between the cities of San Jose and Limon in an attempt to encourage more travellers to visit the Caribbean region. The new 4-weekly flights will cost between $60 and $150
Travellers planning holidays to Costa Rica this summer will have the chance to explore the country’s Caribbean coastline as Sansa Airlines gets ready to launch four flights a week between the cities of San Jose and Limon in July 2011.
The new route has been introduced to encourage more tourists to take Costa Rica holidays to the stunning Caribbean region of Limon, a wild and beautiful place set apart from the rest of the country. The flights are part of the Limon Port City Project, a $72.5 million government programme which will improve Limon’s image by helping to develop small businesses and employment in order to fight poverty in the area.
Sansa Airlines is based in San Jose at Juan Santamaría International Airport and was established in 1980. The airline operates services under the Grupo TACA regional airline system and offers flights across Central America and the Caribbean using a fleet of propeller aircrafts.
The airline will be offering at least four flights a week to the blessed and stunning region of Limon from San Jose. In addition to this the airline also offers a wide range of daily flights to other Costa Rica holiday destinations such as Drake Bay, Liberia, Tamarindo, Tambor, Samara, Golfito and Punta Islita.
Limon is situated on the east coast of Costa Rica and is made up of a thriving afro-Caribbean community and breathtaking landscapes.
The beautiful province is perfect for surfing enthusiasts planning Costa Rica holidays to practice this exciting water sport. Limon enjoys perfect surfing conditions, with a pristine Caribbean coast lined with 125 miles of beautiful white sand palm fringed beaches and pumping marine conditions for amazing surf experiences.
The inland lush rainforests at Limon provide plenty of opportunities for tourists to explore the natural surroundings on hiking tours during holidays in Costa Rica, and the region is surrounded by stunning national parks and nature reserves.
Popular tourist attractions in the province include the Tortuguero National Park where visitors can witness turtles hatching, and the Cahuita National Park, which is home to Costa Rica’s indigenous tribes made up of the Bribri, Cocles and Talamanca Cabecarv communities.
The capital of the province of Limon, Puerto Limon, is the hub of the country’s Afro-Caribbean culture and is a fantastic place to soak up the atmosphere during carnival week in October where tourists and locals unite in parades, dancing, music, food and celebrations.
Puerto Limon, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca and Manzanillo are great towns to visit where holidaymakers can experience the true culture and heritage of the Limon province. There are a variety of Costa Rica hotels, restaurants, bars, and fun-packed activities to choose from, including scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing, surfing, and trekking.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...