Sansa Airlines launches new flights for Costa Rica holidays to Limon
Next month, Sansa Airlines will be providing regular flights for Costa Rica holidays between the cities of San Jose and Limon in an attempt to encourage more travellers to visit the Caribbean region. The new 4-weekly flights will cost between $60 and $150
Travellers planning holidays to Costa Rica this summer will have the chance to explore the country’s Caribbean coastline as Sansa Airlines gets ready to launch four flights a week between the cities of San Jose and Limon in July 2011.
The new route has been introduced to encourage more tourists to take Costa Rica holidays to the stunning Caribbean region of Limon, a wild and beautiful place set apart from the rest of the country. The flights are part of the Limon Port City Project, a $72.5 million government programme which will improve Limon’s image by helping to develop small businesses and employment in order to fight poverty in the area.
Sansa Airlines is based in San Jose at Juan Santamaría International Airport and was established in 1980. The airline operates services under the Grupo TACA regional airline system and offers flights across Central America and the Caribbean using a fleet of propeller aircrafts.
The airline will be offering at least four flights a week to the blessed and stunning region of Limon from San Jose. In addition to this the airline also offers a wide range of daily flights to other Costa Rica holiday destinations such as Drake Bay, Liberia, Tamarindo, Tambor, Samara, Golfito and Punta Islita.
Limon is situated on the east coast of Costa Rica and is made up of a thriving afro-Caribbean community and breathtaking landscapes.
The beautiful province is perfect for surfing enthusiasts planning Costa Rica holidays to practice this exciting water sport. Limon enjoys perfect surfing conditions, with a pristine Caribbean coast lined with 125 miles of beautiful white sand palm fringed beaches and pumping marine conditions for amazing surf experiences.
The inland lush rainforests at Limon provide plenty of opportunities for tourists to explore the natural surroundings on hiking tours during holidays in Costa Rica, and the region is surrounded by stunning national parks and nature reserves.
Popular tourist attractions in the province include the Tortuguero National Park where visitors can witness turtles hatching, and the Cahuita National Park, which is home to Costa Rica’s indigenous tribes made up of the Bribri, Cocles and Talamanca Cabecarv communities.
The capital of the province of Limon, Puerto Limon, is the hub of the country’s Afro-Caribbean culture and is a fantastic place to soak up the atmosphere during carnival week in October where tourists and locals unite in parades, dancing, music, food and celebrations.
Puerto Limon, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca and Manzanillo are great towns to visit where holidaymakers can experience the true culture and heritage of the Limon province. There are a variety of Costa Rica hotels, restaurants, bars, and fun-packed activities to choose from, including scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing, surfing, and trekking.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...