London Heathrow's Terminal 5 ready to fully open at the end of June
The last of the parts that make up the new Terminal 5 at London Heathrow is due to be finished by the end of this month. Terminal 5C is currently receiving the final touches before it opens soons and thus becomes the newest terminal at the London airport.
The final touches to London Heathrow’s (LHR) new Terminal 5 are currently being given to the new terminal as it prepares to open by the end of the month.
According to scheduled plans, by later this month Terminal 5C, the third and final part of London Heathrow’s new Terminal 5, will officially open its doors to travellers and airport customers. In fact, some airlines like British Airways have already started to use Terminal 5C for some departures and arrivals, so those travelling this month to some exotic or luxury holidays abroad must bear in mind that their flight may leave from or arrive into the new part of the terminal.
The new Heathrow Terminal 5 is made up of three main buildings. Terminal 5A is the main building while TerminalB and TerminalC are two satellite buildings. The latter of these, as we mentioned earlier, is the final part of Terminal 5 and the only one left to be finished during the following days.
Terminal 5C has 12 departure gates and is connected to Terminal 5A and Terminal 5B by a transit train. Customers making their journey through Terminal5’s three main sections should allow 15 minutes to get from Terminal 5A to Terminal 5B, and 20 minutes to get from Terminal 5A to Terminal 5C. All travellers must ensure they know to leave enough travel time and remain on the train until they reach the correct part of the terminal. As a bare minimum all travelling customers need to be at the gate 20 minutes before their flight departure time. Terminal 5C is the second stop on the train.
There are a select number of shops in Terminal 5C including Starbucks (where alcohol is available to purchase), Boots, WH Smith and World Duty Free, with the main retail and dining facilities located in Terminal 5A. Terminal 5C also includes a Customer Service Desk for all customers who may need assistance before departing to their holiday destinations.
In the event that a customer should wish to use the facilities of the Galleries Lounge in Terminal 5B, they should take the lifts by Gate C53 down to the walkway, to Terminal 5B. They will then need to follow the signs to Gates B32-B48 (Airline Lounge). Average walk time is 10 minutes. To return to Terminal 5C from the Galleries Lounge in Terminal 5B, take the transit train to Terminal 5C, following the signs to Gates C52-C66.
Whilst there are no lounge facilities in Terminal 5C, eligible customers can enjoy the exclusive Galleries Lounges in Terminal 5A or Terminal 5B before proceeding to Terminal 5C prior to departure.
At the moment, the airline operating most flights form the new Heathrow Terminal 5 is British Airways, taking passengers to Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays, European holidays to Athens and Amsterdam and other exotic holiday destinations in the Middle East such as Bahrain, Bangalore and Asian destinations including Beijing, Chennai and Delhi. Other international holiday destinations currently being operated from Terminal 5 include Cape Town, Doha, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Cairo, Boston, Budapest, Brussels, and many, many more.
For those who want to check which flights are now departing from Terminal 5 they can do so by logging into HeathrowAirport.com.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...