London Heathrow's Terminal 5 ready to fully open at the end of June
The last of the parts that make up the new Terminal 5 at London Heathrow is due to be finished by the end of this month. Terminal 5C is currently receiving the final touches before it opens soons and thus becomes the newest terminal at the London airport.
The final touches to London Heathrow’s (LHR) new Terminal 5 are currently being given to the new terminal as it prepares to open by the end of the month.
According to scheduled plans, by later this month Terminal 5C, the third and final part of London Heathrow’s new Terminal 5, will officially open its doors to travellers and airport customers. In fact, some airlines like British Airways have already started to use Terminal 5C for some departures and arrivals, so those travelling this month to some exotic or luxury holidays abroad must bear in mind that their flight may leave from or arrive into the new part of the terminal.
The new Heathrow Terminal 5 is made up of three main buildings. Terminal 5A is the main building while TerminalB and TerminalC are two satellite buildings. The latter of these, as we mentioned earlier, is the final part of Terminal 5 and the only one left to be finished during the following days.
Terminal 5C has 12 departure gates and is connected to Terminal 5A and Terminal 5B by a transit train. Customers making their journey through Terminal5’s three main sections should allow 15 minutes to get from Terminal 5A to Terminal 5B, and 20 minutes to get from Terminal 5A to Terminal 5C. All travellers must ensure they know to leave enough travel time and remain on the train until they reach the correct part of the terminal. As a bare minimum all travelling customers need to be at the gate 20 minutes before their flight departure time. Terminal 5C is the second stop on the train.
There are a select number of shops in Terminal 5C including Starbucks (where alcohol is available to purchase), Boots, WH Smith and World Duty Free, with the main retail and dining facilities located in Terminal 5A. Terminal 5C also includes a Customer Service Desk for all customers who may need assistance before departing to their holiday destinations.
In the event that a customer should wish to use the facilities of the Galleries Lounge in Terminal 5B, they should take the lifts by Gate C53 down to the walkway, to Terminal 5B. They will then need to follow the signs to Gates B32-B48 (Airline Lounge). Average walk time is 10 minutes. To return to Terminal 5C from the Galleries Lounge in Terminal 5B, take the transit train to Terminal 5C, following the signs to Gates C52-C66.
Whilst there are no lounge facilities in Terminal 5C, eligible customers can enjoy the exclusive Galleries Lounges in Terminal 5A or Terminal 5B before proceeding to Terminal 5C prior to departure.
At the moment, the airline operating most flights form the new Heathrow Terminal 5 is British Airways, taking passengers to Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays, European holidays to Athens and Amsterdam and other exotic holiday destinations in the Middle East such as Bahrain, Bangalore and Asian destinations including Beijing, Chennai and Delhi. Other international holiday destinations currently being operated from Terminal 5 include Cape Town, Doha, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Cairo, Boston, Budapest, Brussels, and many, many more.
For those who want to check which flights are now departing from Terminal 5 they can do so by logging into HeathrowAirport.com.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...