Pop star Rihanna signs deal to promote hometown island of Barbados
One of the world's most successful singing sensations, Rihanna, has signed a three-year agreement with The Barbados Tourism Authority to exclusively promote her hometown in order to encourage more travellers to book Barbados holidays.
Pop superstar Rihanna has signed a multi-year agreement with the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) to promote Barbados holidays to international travellers and personally recommend holidays to the Caribbean island in which she was born.
The singer signed an exclusive three-year deal to promote her hometown which will officially kick-off in Bridgetown on 5th August 2011 with a full-length concert of her current “Loud” tour.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael in 1988 and despite moving to the United States to pursue a music career when she was 16 years old she is still very loyal to her home island and is keen for other people to experience the destination during holidays in Barbados.
"Barbados is a place like no other and one of the reasons for this is the spirit and national pride of our people," she said. "I want each and every visitor to this beautiful island to experience what makes this destination different from all others and that is the spirit and warmth of my fellow Barbadians."
Rihanna will be an ambassador for the Caribbean island over the next three years during which she will exclusively promote Barbados holidays through promotional appearances, advertising campaigns, and via her social media presence.
During the singer’s "Loud" tour which is being produced by the BTA and Roc Nation, she will visit Brazil in September this year, where she will also be promoting holidays to Barbados for Brazilian holidaymakers, in order to help increase the number of tourist arrivals from Latin America.
The Minister of Tourism for Barbados, Richard L, Sealy, said: "In the hearts of every Barbadian, Rihanna is known as the girl down the road, but to the world she has become a musical sensation and social phenomenon.
"She is a great source of national pride to Barbados and we are thrilled to enter into this formal partnership to promote Barbados as a leading tourist destination."
The island of Barbados offers an authentic Caribbean experience for visitors with its rich culture, history, and breathtaking natural landscapes comprising white and pink sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise waters, and a warm tropical climate.
The island boasts an array of upscale Barbados hotels and resorts, golf courses, gourmet restaurants, wildlife reserve, annual festivals, and a wide selection of watersports.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...