Pop star Rihanna signs deal to promote hometown island of Barbados
One of the world's most successful singing sensations, Rihanna, has signed a three-year agreement with The Barbados Tourism Authority to exclusively promote her hometown in order to encourage more travellers to book Barbados holidays.
Pop superstar Rihanna has signed a multi-year agreement with the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) to promote Barbados holidays to international travellers and personally recommend holidays to the Caribbean island in which she was born.
The singer signed an exclusive three-year deal to promote her hometown which will officially kick-off in Bridgetown on 5th August 2011 with a full-length concert of her current “Loud” tour.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael in 1988 and despite moving to the United States to pursue a music career when she was 16 years old she is still very loyal to her home island and is keen for other people to experience the destination during holidays in Barbados.
"Barbados is a place like no other and one of the reasons for this is the spirit and national pride of our people," she said. "I want each and every visitor to this beautiful island to experience what makes this destination different from all others and that is the spirit and warmth of my fellow Barbadians."
Rihanna will be an ambassador for the Caribbean island over the next three years during which she will exclusively promote Barbados holidays through promotional appearances, advertising campaigns, and via her social media presence.
During the singer’s "Loud" tour which is being produced by the BTA and Roc Nation, she will visit Brazil in September this year, where she will also be promoting holidays to Barbados for Brazilian holidaymakers, in order to help increase the number of tourist arrivals from Latin America.
The Minister of Tourism for Barbados, Richard L, Sealy, said: "In the hearts of every Barbadian, Rihanna is known as the girl down the road, but to the world she has become a musical sensation and social phenomenon.
"She is a great source of national pride to Barbados and we are thrilled to enter into this formal partnership to promote Barbados as a leading tourist destination."
The island of Barbados offers an authentic Caribbean experience for visitors with its rich culture, history, and breathtaking natural landscapes comprising white and pink sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise waters, and a warm tropical climate.
The island boasts an array of upscale Barbados hotels and resorts, golf courses, gourmet restaurants, wildlife reserve, annual festivals, and a wide selection of watersports.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south cost of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Make the most of a good value for money deal, at a family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , a fashionable and lively strip.
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travelers' Choice Award
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Rostrevor hotel has an easy access to shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
Exclusive added values at the Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, set on the trendy South Coast of Barbados
Relax and enjoy great nightlife on the south coast, stay in a great hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach, where you can choose hassle free accommodation
- Book today and receive a free upgrade to the Junior Suite, free Breakfast and a bottle of Mount Gay Rum
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, daily maid service and a balcony or patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars and night clubs.
Enjoy this all-suite resort's warm service and superb facilities on a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados, the gem of the Caribbean
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Great family resort with excellent kids club and educational marine programme
- Enjoy three onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...