Hilton celebrates its 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa
Hilton Worldwide has celebrated the opening of its 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa. Hilton Windhoek was opened by the President of Namibia and will provide luxurious accommodation and facilities for travellers going on holidays to Africa.
Quite recently, the President of Namibia, Hifikepunye Pohamba, officially opened Hilton Worldwide’s 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa. The Hilton Windhoek is conveniently situated in the heart of the city of Namibia close to Freedom Square and just 20 minutes away from Hosea Kutako International airport, making it easily accessible to tourists coming for Africa holidays.
Dave Horton, the Global Head of Hilton Hotels and Resorts, said: “As the global leader in hospitality, it is exciting to mark our entry into a new country with an exceptional hotel. Travellers place great trust in Hilton because our brand’s legacy is one of being the first major hotel brand into emerging markets and Hilton Windhoek continues this tradition.
“Namibia is a growing market with tourist arrivals increasing every year; it offers travellers an opportunity to explore the best of Africa with its many conservation parks, wildlife reserves and the untouched Namib Desert.”
The new 150-room, five-star addition to Hilton’s collection of African hotels offers a wide choice of luxurious accommodation including 99 king rooms, 12 double rooms, 22 executive rooms, 8 king deluxe rooms, four king executive rooms, four diplomatic suites and a presidential suite.
During holidays in Africa, guests staying at the Hilton Windhoek can enjoy a range of facilities such as a heated swimming pool with sundeck, a 24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor gym, and a wellness centre with treatment rooms; all located on the rooftop with spectacular views overlooking the city.
Tourists can savour fine cuisine throughout their holidays in Africa at the hotel’s selection of gourmet restaurants. Guests can sample local or international dishes at Ekipa, Kalabar Bar and Terrace, Centrum Lounge and Terrace, Diving Wine Bar, and the Sky Bar which offers a rooftop location and is the perfect setting for cocktails and light bites at sunset.
As well as offering luxury Africa holidays for leisure and pleasure, business travellers can also take advantage of the hotel’s meeting facilities including numerous meeting rooms and a boardroom that can accommodate up to 250 delegates.
Area President of Hilton Worldwide Middle East and Africa, Rudi Jagersbacher, commented: “We are delighted to open our Hilton property in Namibia. Not only is it providing Windhoek with its first five-star hotel, but it has also given us the chance to become part of the local community.
“We have employed more than 200 people locally to work in the hotel and over the last few months these Team Members have undergone training in our Hilton service standards. We look forward to playing an ongoing part in the development of the Namibian tourism sector.”
Hilton Worldwide operates 3,750 hotels luxury hotels throughout 84 countries across the globe. The hotel group now has 31 properties for luxury holidays on the African continent and ten new management agreements have been signed in the Middle East and Africa region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...