Hilton celebrates its 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa
Hilton Worldwide has celebrated the opening of its 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa. Hilton Windhoek was opened by the President of Namibia and will provide luxurious accommodation and facilities for travellers going on holidays to Africa.
Quite recently, the President of Namibia, Hifikepunye Pohamba, officially opened Hilton Worldwide’s 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa. The Hilton Windhoek is conveniently situated in the heart of the city of Namibia close to Freedom Square and just 20 minutes away from Hosea Kutako International airport, making it easily accessible to tourists coming for Africa holidays.
Dave Horton, the Global Head of Hilton Hotels and Resorts, said: “As the global leader in hospitality, it is exciting to mark our entry into a new country with an exceptional hotel. Travellers place great trust in Hilton because our brand’s legacy is one of being the first major hotel brand into emerging markets and Hilton Windhoek continues this tradition.
“Namibia is a growing market with tourist arrivals increasing every year; it offers travellers an opportunity to explore the best of Africa with its many conservation parks, wildlife reserves and the untouched Namib Desert.”
The new 150-room, five-star addition to Hilton’s collection of African hotels offers a wide choice of luxurious accommodation including 99 king rooms, 12 double rooms, 22 executive rooms, 8 king deluxe rooms, four king executive rooms, four diplomatic suites and a presidential suite.
During holidays in Africa, guests staying at the Hilton Windhoek can enjoy a range of facilities such as a heated swimming pool with sundeck, a 24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor gym, and a wellness centre with treatment rooms; all located on the rooftop with spectacular views overlooking the city.
Tourists can savour fine cuisine throughout their holidays in Africa at the hotel’s selection of gourmet restaurants. Guests can sample local or international dishes at Ekipa, Kalabar Bar and Terrace, Centrum Lounge and Terrace, Diving Wine Bar, and the Sky Bar which offers a rooftop location and is the perfect setting for cocktails and light bites at sunset.
As well as offering luxury Africa holidays for leisure and pleasure, business travellers can also take advantage of the hotel’s meeting facilities including numerous meeting rooms and a boardroom that can accommodate up to 250 delegates.
Area President of Hilton Worldwide Middle East and Africa, Rudi Jagersbacher, commented: “We are delighted to open our Hilton property in Namibia. Not only is it providing Windhoek with its first five-star hotel, but it has also given us the chance to become part of the local community.
“We have employed more than 200 people locally to work in the hotel and over the last few months these Team Members have undergone training in our Hilton service standards. We look forward to playing an ongoing part in the development of the Namibian tourism sector.”
Hilton Worldwide operates 3,750 hotels luxury hotels throughout 84 countries across the globe. The hotel group now has 31 properties for luxury holidays on the African continent and ten new management agreements have been signed in the Middle East and Africa region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...