Hilton celebrates its 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa
Hilton Worldwide has celebrated the opening of its 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa. Hilton Windhoek was opened by the President of Namibia and will provide luxurious accommodation and facilities for travellers going on holidays to Africa.
Quite recently, the President of Namibia, Hifikepunye Pohamba, officially opened Hilton Worldwide’s 50th hotel in the Middle East and Africa. The Hilton Windhoek is conveniently situated in the heart of the city of Namibia close to Freedom Square and just 20 minutes away from Hosea Kutako International airport, making it easily accessible to tourists coming for Africa holidays.
Dave Horton, the Global Head of Hilton Hotels and Resorts, said: “As the global leader in hospitality, it is exciting to mark our entry into a new country with an exceptional hotel. Travellers place great trust in Hilton because our brand’s legacy is one of being the first major hotel brand into emerging markets and Hilton Windhoek continues this tradition.
“Namibia is a growing market with tourist arrivals increasing every year; it offers travellers an opportunity to explore the best of Africa with its many conservation parks, wildlife reserves and the untouched Namib Desert.”
The new 150-room, five-star addition to Hilton’s collection of African hotels offers a wide choice of luxurious accommodation including 99 king rooms, 12 double rooms, 22 executive rooms, 8 king deluxe rooms, four king executive rooms, four diplomatic suites and a presidential suite.
During holidays in Africa, guests staying at the Hilton Windhoek can enjoy a range of facilities such as a heated swimming pool with sundeck, a 24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor gym, and a wellness centre with treatment rooms; all located on the rooftop with spectacular views overlooking the city.
Tourists can savour fine cuisine throughout their holidays in Africa at the hotel’s selection of gourmet restaurants. Guests can sample local or international dishes at Ekipa, Kalabar Bar and Terrace, Centrum Lounge and Terrace, Diving Wine Bar, and the Sky Bar which offers a rooftop location and is the perfect setting for cocktails and light bites at sunset.
As well as offering luxury Africa holidays for leisure and pleasure, business travellers can also take advantage of the hotel’s meeting facilities including numerous meeting rooms and a boardroom that can accommodate up to 250 delegates.
Area President of Hilton Worldwide Middle East and Africa, Rudi Jagersbacher, commented: “We are delighted to open our Hilton property in Namibia. Not only is it providing Windhoek with its first five-star hotel, but it has also given us the chance to become part of the local community.
“We have employed more than 200 people locally to work in the hotel and over the last few months these Team Members have undergone training in our Hilton service standards. We look forward to playing an ongoing part in the development of the Namibian tourism sector.”
Hilton Worldwide operates 3,750 hotels luxury hotels throughout 84 countries across the globe. The hotel group now has 31 properties for luxury holidays on the African continent and ten new management agreements have been signed in the Middle East and Africa region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...