Mexico Culture and Tourism Links to be Discussed at Kultur Forum 2011
Tourism officials are planning to promote links between Mexico, Cancun holidays and the country's culture offerings at the Kultur Forum 2011, which takes place on 15th-17th June in Valle de Bravo and will to be attended by experts from both industries.
Mexico’s tourism officials will be discussing the potential links between tourism and culture at this year’s Kultur Forum which will be taking place this week.
A gathering of experts from both industries will be attending the event on 15th-17th June in the popular tourist destination of Valle de Bravo. The forum will focus on Mexico and Cancun holidays, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, cultural festivals and Mexican cuisine.
National Tourism Forum Director, Fernando Marti, said: "A product of its culture, Mexico has a very deeply rooted and rich identity, but its potential is limited from not sharing the stage with tourism, and its magic is forgotten."
Marti added that the Kultur Forum 2011 will be held in the central state of Mexico, also known as the Magic Town, and is expected to be attended by cultural and business leaders who will present seminars on different topics and art presentations.
The forum will highlight Cancun hotels and resorts and other types of Mexican accommodation across the country, as well as national attractions, events, and popular tourist destinations.
The former Deputy Tourism Secretary, Sigfrido Paz Paredes, believes that Mexico does not know how to "sell its rich cultural offerings due to a lack of tourism and urban infrastructure", but also thinks that by creating links between tourism and cultural, more travellers are likely to book Mexico holidays in the future.
Last year, Mexico received 22.4 million foreign tourists with the majority of travellers taking holidays in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Cancun is located in the state of Quintana Roo on the Yucatan Peninsula in eastern Mexico. The thriving city boasts an active nightlife, a variety of restaurants and a wide selection of Cancun hotels.
The outskirts of the city are home to an array of beautiful sites including pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, ancient Mayan archaeological sites, and turquoise waters that provide perfect conditions for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The Mexican Tourism Minister, Gloria Guevara, recently assured visitors that travel to tourist destinations in Mexico is perfectly safe.
She said: "I would say that people can go to all the tourist destinations because all the tourist destinations are fine. It depends on whatever you like, but there are a lot of places you should visit and have a great time. Stay away from a couple of cities within the border."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...