Mexico Culture and Tourism Links to be Discussed at Kultur Forum 2011
Tourism officials are planning to promote links between Mexico, Cancun holidays and the country's culture offerings at the Kultur Forum 2011, which takes place on 15th-17th June in Valle de Bravo and will to be attended by experts from both industries.
Mexico’s tourism officials will be discussing the potential links between tourism and culture at this year’s Kultur Forum which will be taking place this week.
A gathering of experts from both industries will be attending the event on 15th-17th June in the popular tourist destination of Valle de Bravo. The forum will focus on Mexico and Cancun holidays, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, cultural festivals and Mexican cuisine.
National Tourism Forum Director, Fernando Marti, said: "A product of its culture, Mexico has a very deeply rooted and rich identity, but its potential is limited from not sharing the stage with tourism, and its magic is forgotten."
Marti added that the Kultur Forum 2011 will be held in the central state of Mexico, also known as the Magic Town, and is expected to be attended by cultural and business leaders who will present seminars on different topics and art presentations.
The forum will highlight Cancun hotels and resorts and other types of Mexican accommodation across the country, as well as national attractions, events, and popular tourist destinations.
The former Deputy Tourism Secretary, Sigfrido Paz Paredes, believes that Mexico does not know how to "sell its rich cultural offerings due to a lack of tourism and urban infrastructure", but also thinks that by creating links between tourism and cultural, more travellers are likely to book Mexico holidays in the future.
Last year, Mexico received 22.4 million foreign tourists with the majority of travellers taking holidays in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Cancun is located in the state of Quintana Roo on the Yucatan Peninsula in eastern Mexico. The thriving city boasts an active nightlife, a variety of restaurants and a wide selection of Cancun hotels.
The outskirts of the city are home to an array of beautiful sites including pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, ancient Mayan archaeological sites, and turquoise waters that provide perfect conditions for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The Mexican Tourism Minister, Gloria Guevara, recently assured visitors that travel to tourist destinations in Mexico is perfectly safe.
She said: "I would say that people can go to all the tourist destinations because all the tourist destinations are fine. It depends on whatever you like, but there are a lot of places you should visit and have a great time. Stay away from a couple of cities within the border."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...