Mexico Culture and Tourism Links to be Discussed at Kultur Forum 2011
Tourism officials are planning to promote links between Mexico, Cancun holidays and the country's culture offerings at the Kultur Forum 2011, which takes place on 15th-17th June in Valle de Bravo and will to be attended by experts from both industries.
Mexico’s tourism officials will be discussing the potential links between tourism and culture at this year’s Kultur Forum which will be taking place this week.
A gathering of experts from both industries will be attending the event on 15th-17th June in the popular tourist destination of Valle de Bravo. The forum will focus on Mexico and Cancun holidays, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, cultural festivals and Mexican cuisine.
National Tourism Forum Director, Fernando Marti, said: "A product of its culture, Mexico has a very deeply rooted and rich identity, but its potential is limited from not sharing the stage with tourism, and its magic is forgotten."
Marti added that the Kultur Forum 2011 will be held in the central state of Mexico, also known as the Magic Town, and is expected to be attended by cultural and business leaders who will present seminars on different topics and art presentations.
The forum will highlight Cancun hotels and resorts and other types of Mexican accommodation across the country, as well as national attractions, events, and popular tourist destinations.
The former Deputy Tourism Secretary, Sigfrido Paz Paredes, believes that Mexico does not know how to "sell its rich cultural offerings due to a lack of tourism and urban infrastructure", but also thinks that by creating links between tourism and cultural, more travellers are likely to book Mexico holidays in the future.
Last year, Mexico received 22.4 million foreign tourists with the majority of travellers taking holidays in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Cancun is located in the state of Quintana Roo on the Yucatan Peninsula in eastern Mexico. The thriving city boasts an active nightlife, a variety of restaurants and a wide selection of Cancun hotels.
The outskirts of the city are home to an array of beautiful sites including pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, ancient Mayan archaeological sites, and turquoise waters that provide perfect conditions for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The Mexican Tourism Minister, Gloria Guevara, recently assured visitors that travel to tourist destinations in Mexico is perfectly safe.
She said: "I would say that people can go to all the tourist destinations because all the tourist destinations are fine. It depends on whatever you like, but there are a lot of places you should visit and have a great time. Stay away from a couple of cities within the border."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at The Grand Lifestyle at...