Rezidor announces two new Africa hotels under the brand Park Inn by Radisson
Showing their endeavour to provide Africa with a refreshing set of modern accommodation, the Rezidor Group has recently announced the introduction of 2 new Africa hotels which will operate under the Park Inn by Radisson brand. Both are due to open in 2013
With the aim of strengthening their brand in the African continent, the Rezidor Hotel Group has recently unveiled plans for building two new Park Inn by Radisson hotels in Africa, both to be ready by the end of 2013.
"Africa is one of our key markets for future business development. This emerging continent offers huge natural resources, improved infrastructure and increasingly stable systems. At the same time Africa lacks internationally branded hotel rooms or shows a dated hotel inventory in many cities", president and CEO of Rezidor, Kurt Ritter revealed.
The new Park Inn Polokwane is to be built in the South African province of Limpopo while the brand new Park Inn Nairobi Westlands will be located in a somewhat wilder area whilst adding 126 guest rooms to the existing (although insufficient) number of luxury Kenya hotels. The first of the two to open, the Park Inn Polokwanre, will provide a total of 150 deluxe accommodations and is scheduled to open during the first quarter of 2013 while the latter should be ready to welcome its first guests by the fourth quarter of 2013.
Marking a stronger presence in the Africa holidays market, both brand new properties by Rezidor will live up to the high standards associated with the brand.
"South Africa offers considerable development opportunities for our young and dynamic mid-market brand Park Inn by Radisson. We aim to enter all nine provincial capitals in the future in addition to the larger cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban." – Kurt Ritter continued.
The first of these two Africa hotels being developed will be Rezidor’s third Park Inn by Radisson in South Africa; following the opening of the Sandton and the one in Cape Town. The new Park Inn Polokwane whose name means “place of peace” will be located in the country’s northernmost province of Limpopo, which also happens to be a major economic centre. It will be strategically positioned within close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana and Swaziland, as well as within a convenient distance from the Kruger National Park; thus making the hotel an ideal regional gateway to South Africa’s many attractions and places of interest.
The brand new property will enjoy a privileged setting along the existing Polokwane Golf Course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba Sports Stadium. The International Airport will be 7 km away. Besides 160 modern and comfortable guest rooms, the hotel will offer a signature RBG grill restaurant, 580 square metres of meeting facilities, a gym, an outdoor swimming pool, and ample parking.
The second of Rezidor’s new Africa hotels to be in the pipeline will be the first Park Inn by Radisson hotel in Kenya and also the first in East Africa. It will enjoy a lovely, green location in Woodvale Grove, in the popular commercial and economic Westlands area of Nairobi, 5 km northwest of the city centre. The local headquarters of the United Nations and several international businesses are nearby. Nairobi itself is Kenya's capital - a thriving modern city with 3 million inhabitants and the commercial centre of East Africa. Nairobi is also nicknamed the "Safari Capital City of the World".
"Also East Africa is a very suitable development region for Park Inn by Radisson with Nairobi as a centre. We will target cities and larger towns which fall within a two hours flying time north, south, east and west of Nairobi, and develop a regional network", Kurt Ritter added on a final note.
The latest of Kenya hotels to enter the Africa holidays market will be offering, in addition to premium accommodation across a total of 126 rooms; an RBG grill restaurant, a bar and lobby lounge, twoo meeting rooms and two board rooms, a business centre, a gym, and a rooftop swimming pool with terrace.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...