Rezidor announces two new Africa hotels under the brand Park Inn by Radisson
Showing their endeavour to provide Africa with a refreshing set of modern accommodation, the Rezidor Group has recently announced the introduction of 2 new Africa hotels which will operate under the Park Inn by Radisson brand. Both are due to open in 2013
With the aim of strengthening their brand in the African continent, the Rezidor Hotel Group has recently unveiled plans for building two new Park Inn by Radisson hotels in Africa, both to be ready by the end of 2013.
"Africa is one of our key markets for future business development. This emerging continent offers huge natural resources, improved infrastructure and increasingly stable systems. At the same time Africa lacks internationally branded hotel rooms or shows a dated hotel inventory in many cities", president and CEO of Rezidor, Kurt Ritter revealed.
The new Park Inn Polokwane is to be built in the South African province of Limpopo while the brand new Park Inn Nairobi Westlands will be located in a somewhat wilder area whilst adding 126 guest rooms to the existing (although insufficient) number of luxury Kenya hotels. The first of the two to open, the Park Inn Polokwanre, will provide a total of 150 deluxe accommodations and is scheduled to open during the first quarter of 2013 while the latter should be ready to welcome its first guests by the fourth quarter of 2013.
Marking a stronger presence in the Africa holidays market, both brand new properties by Rezidor will live up to the high standards associated with the brand.
"South Africa offers considerable development opportunities for our young and dynamic mid-market brand Park Inn by Radisson. We aim to enter all nine provincial capitals in the future in addition to the larger cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban." – Kurt Ritter continued.
The first of these two Africa hotels being developed will be Rezidor’s third Park Inn by Radisson in South Africa; following the opening of the Sandton and the one in Cape Town. The new Park Inn Polokwane whose name means “place of peace” will be located in the country’s northernmost province of Limpopo, which also happens to be a major economic centre. It will be strategically positioned within close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana and Swaziland, as well as within a convenient distance from the Kruger National Park; thus making the hotel an ideal regional gateway to South Africa’s many attractions and places of interest.
The brand new property will enjoy a privileged setting along the existing Polokwane Golf Course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba Sports Stadium. The International Airport will be 7 km away. Besides 160 modern and comfortable guest rooms, the hotel will offer a signature RBG grill restaurant, 580 square metres of meeting facilities, a gym, an outdoor swimming pool, and ample parking.
The second of Rezidor’s new Africa hotels to be in the pipeline will be the first Park Inn by Radisson hotel in Kenya and also the first in East Africa. It will enjoy a lovely, green location in Woodvale Grove, in the popular commercial and economic Westlands area of Nairobi, 5 km northwest of the city centre. The local headquarters of the United Nations and several international businesses are nearby. Nairobi itself is Kenya's capital - a thriving modern city with 3 million inhabitants and the commercial centre of East Africa. Nairobi is also nicknamed the "Safari Capital City of the World".
"Also East Africa is a very suitable development region for Park Inn by Radisson with Nairobi as a centre. We will target cities and larger towns which fall within a two hours flying time north, south, east and west of Nairobi, and develop a regional network", Kurt Ritter added on a final note.
The latest of Kenya hotels to enter the Africa holidays market will be offering, in addition to premium accommodation across a total of 126 rooms; an RBG grill restaurant, a bar and lobby lounge, twoo meeting rooms and two board rooms, a business centre, a gym, and a rooftop swimming pool with terrace.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Make memories that will last time a lifetime with the whole family with a beachfront adventure. Begin amongst the lush...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...