New luxury Cancun hotel to be opened under the Iberostar brand
As from today the former Hilton Cancun will be known as the Iberostar Cancun as the hotel property is now owned by the Spanish Iberostar hotel brand. The hotel will close in August to undergo a full re-branding and refurbishment process by Iberostar.
As part of its ongoing strategy to expand its brand globally, the Spanish group Iberostar Hotels and Resorts has announced its latest portfolio addition in the Cancun holiday market with the acquisition of a new hotel in Mexico's popular Cancun and Riviera Maya resort.
The total cost of this new lucrative venture will set Iberostar back by no less than a whopping $100 million, which includes the price of the hotel purchase and the new renovation process that the property is set to undergone during the following months.
Thus marking a triumphant entrance to the always popular Cancun holidays market, Iberostar plans to transform the former Hilton Cancun into a top deluxe 5-star property that sets a new benchmark in the Caribbean holiday industry, both for business and leisure travel.
From today onwards the former Hilton Cancun will be officially owned by the Spanish hotel chain and will be known by a different name. Some slight transformations and renovation works will take place before the hotel re-opens under the Iberostar brand as the new Iberostar Cancun.
The re-opening of its doors to visitors is scheduled for 1st December 2011 and in the meantime guests wanting to booking their holidays in Cancun can still do so before the hotel closes for refurbishment in August this year. During this period the Hilton chain will continue to run hotel operations throughout June and July until the property officially closes the following month.
The new Iberostar Cancun will provide a total of 426 guest rooms and villas, all wonderfully equipped with high standard amenities and including 16 Junior Suites, 4 Master Suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 2 Villa Beach Suites.
A wonderful haven for fun and relaxing holidays in Cancun, the hotel features as many as seven infinity swimming pools, each and every single one of them perfectly integrated into the blooming surrounding gardens.
Sports enthusiasts will love the addition of a professional football field and two tennis courts while those seeking pampering holidays in Cancun's wonderful beach strip will enjoy the facilities of a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art gym and beauty salon.
“This investment is another step towards strengthening our presence in the Caribbean and a decisive commitment to quality tourism. Mexico is our priority destination and the acquisition and renovation of Iberostar Cancun perfectly complements the group’s broad offer in Mexico.” - president of the Iberostar Group, Miguel Fluxa was happy to announce.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...