New luxury Cancun hotel to be opened under the Iberostar brand
As from today the former Hilton Cancun will be known as the Iberostar Cancun as the hotel property is now owned by the Spanish Iberostar hotel brand. The hotel will close in August to undergo a full re-branding and refurbishment process by Iberostar.
As part of its ongoing strategy to expand its brand globally, the Spanish group Iberostar Hotels and Resorts has announced its latest portfolio addition in the Cancun holiday market with the acquisition of a new hotel in Mexico's popular Cancun and Riviera Maya resort.
The total cost of this new lucrative venture will set Iberostar back by no less than a whopping $100 million, which includes the price of the hotel purchase and the new renovation process that the property is set to undergone during the following months.
Thus marking a triumphant entrance to the always popular Cancun holidays market, Iberostar plans to transform the former Hilton Cancun into a top deluxe 5-star property that sets a new benchmark in the Caribbean holiday industry, both for business and leisure travel.
From today onwards the former Hilton Cancun will be officially owned by the Spanish hotel chain and will be known by a different name. Some slight transformations and renovation works will take place before the hotel re-opens under the Iberostar brand as the new Iberostar Cancun.
The re-opening of its doors to visitors is scheduled for 1st December 2011 and in the meantime guests wanting to booking their holidays in Cancun can still do so before the hotel closes for refurbishment in August this year. During this period the Hilton chain will continue to run hotel operations throughout June and July until the property officially closes the following month.
The new Iberostar Cancun will provide a total of 426 guest rooms and villas, all wonderfully equipped with high standard amenities and including 16 Junior Suites, 4 Master Suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 2 Villa Beach Suites.
A wonderful haven for fun and relaxing holidays in Cancun, the hotel features as many as seven infinity swimming pools, each and every single one of them perfectly integrated into the blooming surrounding gardens.
Sports enthusiasts will love the addition of a professional football field and two tennis courts while those seeking pampering holidays in Cancun's wonderful beach strip will enjoy the facilities of a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art gym and beauty salon.
“This investment is another step towards strengthening our presence in the Caribbean and a decisive commitment to quality tourism. Mexico is our priority destination and the acquisition and renovation of Iberostar Cancun perfectly complements the group’s broad offer in Mexico.” - president of the Iberostar Group, Miguel Fluxa was happy to announce.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...