New luxury Cancun hotel to be opened under the Iberostar brand
As from today the former Hilton Cancun will be known as the Iberostar Cancun as the hotel property is now owned by the Spanish Iberostar hotel brand. The hotel will close in August to undergo a full re-branding and refurbishment process by Iberostar.
As part of its ongoing strategy to expand its brand globally, the Spanish group Iberostar Hotels and Resorts has announced its latest portfolio addition in the Cancun holiday market with the acquisition of a new hotel in Mexico's popular Cancun and Riviera Maya resort.
The total cost of this new lucrative venture will set Iberostar back by no less than a whopping $100 million, which includes the price of the hotel purchase and the new renovation process that the property is set to undergone during the following months.
Thus marking a triumphant entrance to the always popular Cancun holidays market, Iberostar plans to transform the former Hilton Cancun into a top deluxe 5-star property that sets a new benchmark in the Caribbean holiday industry, both for business and leisure travel.
From today onwards the former Hilton Cancun will be officially owned by the Spanish hotel chain and will be known by a different name. Some slight transformations and renovation works will take place before the hotel re-opens under the Iberostar brand as the new Iberostar Cancun.
The re-opening of its doors to visitors is scheduled for 1st December 2011 and in the meantime guests wanting to booking their holidays in Cancun can still do so before the hotel closes for refurbishment in August this year. During this period the Hilton chain will continue to run hotel operations throughout June and July until the property officially closes the following month.
The new Iberostar Cancun will provide a total of 426 guest rooms and villas, all wonderfully equipped with high standard amenities and including 16 Junior Suites, 4 Master Suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 2 Villa Beach Suites.
A wonderful haven for fun and relaxing holidays in Cancun, the hotel features as many as seven infinity swimming pools, each and every single one of them perfectly integrated into the blooming surrounding gardens.
Sports enthusiasts will love the addition of a professional football field and two tennis courts while those seeking pampering holidays in Cancun's wonderful beach strip will enjoy the facilities of a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art gym and beauty salon.
“This investment is another step towards strengthening our presence in the Caribbean and a decisive commitment to quality tourism. Mexico is our priority destination and the acquisition and renovation of Iberostar Cancun perfectly complements the group’s broad offer in Mexico.” - president of the Iberostar Group, Miguel Fluxa was happy to announce.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with discount savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...