New luxury Cancun hotel to be opened under the Iberostar brand
As from today the former Hilton Cancun will be known as the Iberostar Cancun as the hotel property is now owned by the Spanish Iberostar hotel brand. The hotel will close in August to undergo a full re-branding and refurbishment process by Iberostar.
As part of its ongoing strategy to expand its brand globally, the Spanish group Iberostar Hotels and Resorts has announced its latest portfolio addition in the Cancun holiday market with the acquisition of a new hotel in Mexico's popular Cancun and Riviera Maya resort.
The total cost of this new lucrative venture will set Iberostar back by no less than a whopping $100 million, which includes the price of the hotel purchase and the new renovation process that the property is set to undergone during the following months.
Thus marking a triumphant entrance to the always popular Cancun holidays market, Iberostar plans to transform the former Hilton Cancun into a top deluxe 5-star property that sets a new benchmark in the Caribbean holiday industry, both for business and leisure travel.
From today onwards the former Hilton Cancun will be officially owned by the Spanish hotel chain and will be known by a different name. Some slight transformations and renovation works will take place before the hotel re-opens under the Iberostar brand as the new Iberostar Cancun.
The re-opening of its doors to visitors is scheduled for 1st December 2011 and in the meantime guests wanting to booking their holidays in Cancun can still do so before the hotel closes for refurbishment in August this year. During this period the Hilton chain will continue to run hotel operations throughout June and July until the property officially closes the following month.
The new Iberostar Cancun will provide a total of 426 guest rooms and villas, all wonderfully equipped with high standard amenities and including 16 Junior Suites, 4 Master Suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 2 Villa Beach Suites.
A wonderful haven for fun and relaxing holidays in Cancun, the hotel features as many as seven infinity swimming pools, each and every single one of them perfectly integrated into the blooming surrounding gardens.
Sports enthusiasts will love the addition of a professional football field and two tennis courts while those seeking pampering holidays in Cancun's wonderful beach strip will enjoy the facilities of a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art gym and beauty salon.
“This investment is another step towards strengthening our presence in the Caribbean and a decisive commitment to quality tourism. Mexico is our priority destination and the acquisition and renovation of Iberostar Cancun perfectly complements the group’s broad offer in Mexico.” - president of the Iberostar Group, Miguel Fluxa was happy to announce.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...