People to People Cuba travel experiences by AmericanTours International
As yet another sign that the American market is eagerly awaiting more freedom to travel to Cuba, the ATI company has jumped into the Cuba travel bandwagon by creating new special Cuba programmes that allow students and universities to visit the island.
Proving that American legislation is slowly but surely advancing steps closer to free and unrestricted travel to Cuba, one travel company has dived into the challenge of providing holiday packages to Cuba for those American citizens who, under current legislation, are legally eligible to enjoy them.
AmericanTours lnternational (ATI) recently announced, through a statement released by Chairman and CEO Noel Irwin Hentschel that a new package for educational Cuba holidays had been developed and launched at their website.
The formal announcement was issued on 1st June, 2011 and invited American travellers to discover the new “ATI-Study Cuba in Cuba” now available at their newly-created website cubaATI.com.
“The recent opening of academic travel to Cuba by the Obama administration allows universities to immediately activate study abroad programs with CubaATI,” were the opening words of CEO Hentschel, who is currently completing her thesis research in the island’s two most important cities of Havana and Santiago de Cuba.
In order to be able to offer these new Cuba holidays experiences to a wider range of American holidaymakers (the U.S. government currently allows travel to Cuba only for cultural, academic and educational purposes); ATI developed a team of travel specialists who work closely with American universities and students to create and design custom-made academic travel programmes that meet the current legislation’s basic requirements and specifications, to ensure they remain within the legal guidelines of the U.S. Treasury Departments.
Those students wishing to embark on holidays to Cuba with ATI’s newly developed travel programmes to the island must be enrolled for credit in U.S. higher education institutions. In order for these institutions to be able to participate in “ATI-Study Cuba in Cuba” students travelling to Cuba must enrol in the programme and may be accompanied by faculty and university staff on
programmes facilitated by CubaATI.
Mr. Nguyen Trung Chinh, Director of ITEC, Vietnam declared: “ATI arranged the first group programme in America for MBA students from Vietnam at UCLA. We are pleased with the many academic opportunities ATI offers us”.
According to Mr. Nguyen a key element in the Cuba travel experience is to go with a “ licensed, established and reputable travel company with superior destination knowledge and a trusted, reliable network on the ground in Cuba.”
When it comes to American-based tour operators and travel companies offering access to Cuba, ATI’s expertise in creating specialised itineraries for the visitors’ precise area of interest and budget, makes it the number one travel option for educational holidays in Cuba. Placing a strong focus on interactive “people to people” exchanges, ATI’s travel programmes to Cuba enable individuals and groups to maximise their Cuba holiday experience.
New OFAC rules defining legal travel to Cuba for American citizens increases opportunities for Americans to experience Cuba’s historical and cultural values while participating in programmes that currently include educational exchange, religious activities and humanitarian projects. ATI now provides all of these travel services through their website dedicated to educational Cuba travel and
which include air, car, coach, hotel and guides across the entire island.
“Since October 2010, it is estimated that 222,000 Cubans have bought licenses to open businesses that include travel related industries such as restaurants and lodging in private homes. Travel to Cuba with AmericanTours International helps to support their entrepreneurial endeavours,” Hentschel adds on an encouraging final note, inviting curious American students and teachers to
discover the fascinating island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...