People to People Cuba travel experiences by AmericanTours International
As yet another sign that the American market is eagerly awaiting more freedom to travel to Cuba, the ATI company has jumped into the Cuba travel bandwagon by creating new special Cuba programmes that allow students and universities to visit the island.
Proving that American legislation is slowly but surely advancing steps closer to free and unrestricted travel to Cuba, one travel company has dived into the challenge of providing holiday packages to Cuba for those American citizens who, under current legislation, are legally eligible to enjoy them.
AmericanTours lnternational (ATI) recently announced, through a statement released by Chairman and CEO Noel Irwin Hentschel that a new package for educational Cuba holidays had been developed and launched at their website.
The formal announcement was issued on 1st June, 2011 and invited American travellers to discover the new “ATI-Study Cuba in Cuba” now available at their newly-created website cubaATI.com.
“The recent opening of academic travel to Cuba by the Obama administration allows universities to immediately activate study abroad programs with CubaATI,” were the opening words of CEO Hentschel, who is currently completing her thesis research in the island’s two most important cities of Havana and Santiago de Cuba.
In order to be able to offer these new Cuba holidays experiences to a wider range of American holidaymakers (the U.S. government currently allows travel to Cuba only for cultural, academic and educational purposes); ATI developed a team of travel specialists who work closely with American universities and students to create and design custom-made academic travel programmes that meet the current legislation’s basic requirements and specifications, to ensure they remain within the legal guidelines of the U.S. Treasury Departments.
Those students wishing to embark on holidays to Cuba with ATI’s newly developed travel programmes to the island must be enrolled for credit in U.S. higher education institutions. In order for these institutions to be able to participate in “ATI-Study Cuba in Cuba” students travelling to Cuba must enrol in the programme and may be accompanied by faculty and university staff on
programmes facilitated by CubaATI.
Mr. Nguyen Trung Chinh, Director of ITEC, Vietnam declared: “ATI arranged the first group programme in America for MBA students from Vietnam at UCLA. We are pleased with the many academic opportunities ATI offers us”.
According to Mr. Nguyen a key element in the Cuba travel experience is to go with a “ licensed, established and reputable travel company with superior destination knowledge and a trusted, reliable network on the ground in Cuba.”
When it comes to American-based tour operators and travel companies offering access to Cuba, ATI’s expertise in creating specialised itineraries for the visitors’ precise area of interest and budget, makes it the number one travel option for educational holidays in Cuba. Placing a strong focus on interactive “people to people” exchanges, ATI’s travel programmes to Cuba enable individuals and groups to maximise their Cuba holiday experience.
New OFAC rules defining legal travel to Cuba for American citizens increases opportunities for Americans to experience Cuba’s historical and cultural values while participating in programmes that currently include educational exchange, religious activities and humanitarian projects. ATI now provides all of these travel services through their website dedicated to educational Cuba travel and
which include air, car, coach, hotel and guides across the entire island.
“Since October 2010, it is estimated that 222,000 Cubans have bought licenses to open businesses that include travel related industries such as restaurants and lodging in private homes. Travel to Cuba with AmericanTours International helps to support their entrepreneurial endeavours,” Hentschel adds on an encouraging final note, inviting curious American students and teachers to
discover the fascinating island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...