People to People Cuba travel experiences by AmericanTours International
As yet another sign that the American market is eagerly awaiting more freedom to travel to Cuba, the ATI company has jumped into the Cuba travel bandwagon by creating new special Cuba programmes that allow students and universities to visit the island.
Proving that American legislation is slowly but surely advancing steps closer to free and unrestricted travel to Cuba, one travel company has dived into the challenge of providing holiday packages to Cuba for those American citizens who, under current legislation, are legally eligible to enjoy them.
AmericanTours lnternational (ATI) recently announced, through a statement released by Chairman and CEO Noel Irwin Hentschel that a new package for educational Cuba holidays had been developed and launched at their website.
The formal announcement was issued on 1st June, 2011 and invited American travellers to discover the new “ATI-Study Cuba in Cuba” now available at their newly-created website cubaATI.com.
“The recent opening of academic travel to Cuba by the Obama administration allows universities to immediately activate study abroad programs with CubaATI,” were the opening words of CEO Hentschel, who is currently completing her thesis research in the island’s two most important cities of Havana and Santiago de Cuba.
In order to be able to offer these new Cuba holidays experiences to a wider range of American holidaymakers (the U.S. government currently allows travel to Cuba only for cultural, academic and educational purposes); ATI developed a team of travel specialists who work closely with American universities and students to create and design custom-made academic travel programmes that meet the current legislation’s basic requirements and specifications, to ensure they remain within the legal guidelines of the U.S. Treasury Departments.
Those students wishing to embark on holidays to Cuba with ATI’s newly developed travel programmes to the island must be enrolled for credit in U.S. higher education institutions. In order for these institutions to be able to participate in “ATI-Study Cuba in Cuba” students travelling to Cuba must enrol in the programme and may be accompanied by faculty and university staff on
programmes facilitated by CubaATI.
Mr. Nguyen Trung Chinh, Director of ITEC, Vietnam declared: “ATI arranged the first group programme in America for MBA students from Vietnam at UCLA. We are pleased with the many academic opportunities ATI offers us”.
According to Mr. Nguyen a key element in the Cuba travel experience is to go with a “ licensed, established and reputable travel company with superior destination knowledge and a trusted, reliable network on the ground in Cuba.”
When it comes to American-based tour operators and travel companies offering access to Cuba, ATI’s expertise in creating specialised itineraries for the visitors’ precise area of interest and budget, makes it the number one travel option for educational holidays in Cuba. Placing a strong focus on interactive “people to people” exchanges, ATI’s travel programmes to Cuba enable individuals and groups to maximise their Cuba holiday experience.
New OFAC rules defining legal travel to Cuba for American citizens increases opportunities for Americans to experience Cuba’s historical and cultural values while participating in programmes that currently include educational exchange, religious activities and humanitarian projects. ATI now provides all of these travel services through their website dedicated to educational Cuba travel and
which include air, car, coach, hotel and guides across the entire island.
“Since October 2010, it is estimated that 222,000 Cubans have bought licenses to open businesses that include travel related industries such as restaurants and lodging in private homes. Travel to Cuba with AmericanTours International helps to support their entrepreneurial endeavours,” Hentschel adds on an encouraging final note, inviting curious American students and teachers to
discover the fascinating island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...