Sol Melia to open its first ever Dubai hotel
The Spanish hotel company, Sol Melia, will be launching its first ever property in the Dubai holidays market with the debut of the Melia Dubai hotel which will is due to open on 12th October, 2011 to coincide with the Spanish national day.
Travellers to Dubai this autumn will be able to stay at the latest addition to Sol Melia Hotels; as the Spanish chain's first hotel in Dubai is scheduled to open to guests on 12th October, 2011.
The newest addition to the extensive collection of luxury hotels in Dubai is situated in the centre of the city and will be primarily aimed at inbound business travellers from Europe and upscale leisure tourists taking Dubai holidays.
The 164-room hotel has been backed by a Dhs200m investment from the Khamas Group and will feature five gourmet restaurants including a signature restaurant by celebrity Indian chef, Sanjeev Kapoor.
For travellers embarking on luxury holidays to Dubai will be able to relax in the YHI Spa which will offer a range of revitalising treatments and services; swim in the hotel's rooftop pool and sip a cocktail by the poolside bar; or enjoy delicious cuisine and Spanish drinks from the tapas bar.
Prices at the Melia Dubai will start from Dhs650 per night. Executive Vice President of the Hotels Division at Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts, Andre Gerondeau, explained that the hotel chain chose Dubai because it is a regional commercial centre and the brand would suit the city's cosmopolitan market.
"We believe that our traditional Spanish hospitality can offer a new dimension to customers in the region, while still appealing to Arab guests," he said.
There are wide a range of options it comes to flights for holidays to Dubai; with Emirates airline now offering direct flights and daily services from Spain departing from Madrid; Qatar Airways now flying to Barcelona; and a range of new services offered by the recent BA-Iberia merger. All of which will make Dubai holidays possible for a new segment of Spanish travellers.
Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts operates over 300 hotels across four continents and features eight brands within its portfolio. The hotel chain is planning to launch new hotels for luxury holidays in the Middle East in destinations including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...