Sol Melia to open its first ever Dubai hotel
The Spanish hotel company, Sol Melia, will be launching its first ever property in the Dubai holidays market with the debut of the Melia Dubai hotel which will is due to open on 12th October, 2011 to coincide with the Spanish national day.
Travellers to Dubai this autumn will be able to stay at the latest addition to Sol Melia Hotels; as the Spanish chain's first hotel in Dubai is scheduled to open to guests on 12th October, 2011.
The newest addition to the extensive collection of luxury hotels in Dubai is situated in the centre of the city and will be primarily aimed at inbound business travellers from Europe and upscale leisure tourists taking Dubai holidays.
The 164-room hotel has been backed by a Dhs200m investment from the Khamas Group and will feature five gourmet restaurants including a signature restaurant by celebrity Indian chef, Sanjeev Kapoor.
For travellers embarking on luxury holidays to Dubai will be able to relax in the YHI Spa which will offer a range of revitalising treatments and services; swim in the hotel's rooftop pool and sip a cocktail by the poolside bar; or enjoy delicious cuisine and Spanish drinks from the tapas bar.
Prices at the Melia Dubai will start from Dhs650 per night. Executive Vice President of the Hotels Division at Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts, Andre Gerondeau, explained that the hotel chain chose Dubai because it is a regional commercial centre and the brand would suit the city's cosmopolitan market.
"We believe that our traditional Spanish hospitality can offer a new dimension to customers in the region, while still appealing to Arab guests," he said.
There are wide a range of options it comes to flights for holidays to Dubai; with Emirates airline now offering direct flights and daily services from Spain departing from Madrid; Qatar Airways now flying to Barcelona; and a range of new services offered by the recent BA-Iberia merger. All of which will make Dubai holidays possible for a new segment of Spanish travellers.
Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts operates over 300 hotels across four continents and features eight brands within its portfolio. The hotel chain is planning to launch new hotels for luxury holidays in the Middle East in destinations including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...