Sol Melia to open its first ever Dubai hotel
The Spanish hotel company, Sol Melia, will be launching its first ever property in the Dubai holidays market with the debut of the Melia Dubai hotel which will is due to open on 12th October, 2011 to coincide with the Spanish national day.
Travellers to Dubai this autumn will be able to stay at the latest addition to Sol Melia Hotels; as the Spanish chain's first hotel in Dubai is scheduled to open to guests on 12th October, 2011.
The newest addition to the extensive collection of luxury hotels in Dubai is situated in the centre of the city and will be primarily aimed at inbound business travellers from Europe and upscale leisure tourists taking Dubai holidays.
The 164-room hotel has been backed by a Dhs200m investment from the Khamas Group and will feature five gourmet restaurants including a signature restaurant by celebrity Indian chef, Sanjeev Kapoor.
For travellers embarking on luxury holidays to Dubai will be able to relax in the YHI Spa which will offer a range of revitalising treatments and services; swim in the hotel's rooftop pool and sip a cocktail by the poolside bar; or enjoy delicious cuisine and Spanish drinks from the tapas bar.
Prices at the Melia Dubai will start from Dhs650 per night. Executive Vice President of the Hotels Division at Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts, Andre Gerondeau, explained that the hotel chain chose Dubai because it is a regional commercial centre and the brand would suit the city's cosmopolitan market.
"We believe that our traditional Spanish hospitality can offer a new dimension to customers in the region, while still appealing to Arab guests," he said.
There are wide a range of options it comes to flights for holidays to Dubai; with Emirates airline now offering direct flights and daily services from Spain departing from Madrid; Qatar Airways now flying to Barcelona; and a range of new services offered by the recent BA-Iberia merger. All of which will make Dubai holidays possible for a new segment of Spanish travellers.
Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts operates over 300 hotels across four continents and features eight brands within its portfolio. The hotel chain is planning to launch new hotels for luxury holidays in the Middle East in destinations including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai’s...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The place to truly experience the best in oriental hospitality with added Arabian luxury, the Asiana Hotel Dubai is a...