Sol Melia to open its first ever Dubai hotel
The Spanish hotel company, Sol Melia, will be launching its first ever property in the Dubai holidays market with the debut of the Melia Dubai hotel which will is due to open on 12th October, 2011 to coincide with the Spanish national day.
Travellers to Dubai this autumn will be able to stay at the latest addition to Sol Melia Hotels; as the Spanish chain's first hotel in Dubai is scheduled to open to guests on 12th October, 2011.
The newest addition to the extensive collection of luxury hotels in Dubai is situated in the centre of the city and will be primarily aimed at inbound business travellers from Europe and upscale leisure tourists taking Dubai holidays.
The 164-room hotel has been backed by a Dhs200m investment from the Khamas Group and will feature five gourmet restaurants including a signature restaurant by celebrity Indian chef, Sanjeev Kapoor.
For travellers embarking on luxury holidays to Dubai will be able to relax in the YHI Spa which will offer a range of revitalising treatments and services; swim in the hotel's rooftop pool and sip a cocktail by the poolside bar; or enjoy delicious cuisine and Spanish drinks from the tapas bar.
Prices at the Melia Dubai will start from Dhs650 per night. Executive Vice President of the Hotels Division at Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts, Andre Gerondeau, explained that the hotel chain chose Dubai because it is a regional commercial centre and the brand would suit the city's cosmopolitan market.
"We believe that our traditional Spanish hospitality can offer a new dimension to customers in the region, while still appealing to Arab guests," he said.
There are wide a range of options it comes to flights for holidays to Dubai; with Emirates airline now offering direct flights and daily services from Spain departing from Madrid; Qatar Airways now flying to Barcelona; and a range of new services offered by the recent BA-Iberia merger. All of which will make Dubai holidays possible for a new segment of Spanish travellers.
Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts operates over 300 hotels across four continents and features eight brands within its portfolio. The hotel chain is planning to launch new hotels for luxury holidays in the Middle East in destinations including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...