Cuba to improve tourism offerings without reducing prices
Cuba's Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, has stated that despite the decline in international tourism, the Caribbean island will not be reducing the prices of Cuba holidays to entice travellers but will instead be improving the quality of its offerings
The Cuban Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, has announced that the country will be improving the quality of its Cuba holidays and tourism offerings without reducing the prices, despite the decline in global tourism and limited access to the U.S market.
During a speech at the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair last month, Marrero said: “Cuba will never consider the reduction of prices as a solution to the fluctuation between the high and the low seasons, because that will damage Cuba’s image as a tourist destination.”
He added that althought it was still difficult for American tourists to take holidays to Cuba because of the ongoing U.S. Cuba travel embargo, the Caribbean island was seeing an increase in visitors from Canada, the United Kingdom, and France.
Marrero pointed out that the number of tourists who took Cuba holidays during the first four months of 2011, had grown by 11.7 per cent in comparison to the same period in 2010, with the number of visitor arrivals reaching nearly 1.2 million so far this year.
Cuba holidays in Varadero, Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Largo, and Holguin are amongst the favourites for visitors and the province of Villa Clara is emerging as a popular tourist destination, particularly among Canadian travellers.
Havana city, the capital of Cuba and host of FITCUBA 2011, remains the most important and popular tourist destination for visitors, with 95 per cent of the country’s tourist arrivals visiting the city at some point during their holidays in Cuba.
The island has incorporated 2,792 new rooms into its Cuba hotels and resorts and over 4,000 rooms have been renovated recently.
Visitors can enjoy the luxury of tailor made holidays to Cuba with the help of tour operators and travel agents who offer a range of cultural, historic, or environmental packages for holiday makers visiting the island throughout the year.
Marrero added that the island nation is seeing additional investment in airports, an increase in cruise arrivals, and the improvement of local and non-governmental tourism offerings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...