The Holiday Place's Youth Under 10s Football Team Wins Spring Cup!
The Hadley Wood and Wingate U10 Herons won the Spring Cup recently after beating the Everett Rovers team 2 - 0 during the finals. The youth team, who has been sponsored by The Holiday Place during the 2010-2011 season is the tour operator's latest pride.
A local London youth football team of under 10s sponsored by The Holiday Place has recently walked away with the coveted Spring Cup after achieving the winning score on the finals.
The Hadley Wood & Wingate Under 10 Herons beat the Everett Roveres 2 - 0 on the final match that made them the overall spring champions in their age group league.
The team took the lead early in the first half of the match with a well worked goal by Harry Foreman. After a period of pressure from Everett, Hadley & Wingate again stepped up the pace and were unlucky not to go two up just before half time. The second half was much the same as the first, solid defending from Hadley & Wingate and plenty of chances at the other end. Finally persistence paid off and Archie Garber scored the second with 5 minutes to go, with eager expectation from both teams leading up to the last minute.
Rejoicing in their newly found success the team thanked their year-long sponsors, The Holiday Place, who've been supporting them since the start of the 2010-2011 season.
As their sponsoring partner, The Holiday Place was behind the funding for the team's clothing equipment and also participated in the creation of its orange and white, heron-inspired design by including a special logo in the young team's football T-shirts.
Part of the Wartford Friendly League, the Spring Cup finals took place last 1st May 2011 when the two finalist teams battled it out on the field to see who would lay hands on the coveted trophy. Luck and impeccable football skills were on the side of the Hadley Wood and Wingate team of under tens, who got to lift up their prize and pose behind the "Cup Winners" banner.
The promising young herons have won their first cup with this season's win and eagerly await next season's new challenges, with the full backing of their main sponsor, The Holiday Place, who expressed their joy and pride over having supported such a team of rising stars.
The Wartford Friendly League has been providing Grass Roots Football for children in Hertfordshire and Middlesex for a number of years. Their main aim is to promote friendly football for all children of all ages or gender ranging from Under 9s teams to Under 18s. The league is linked to Watford FC's Football in the Community, Hertfordshire FA and Middlesex FA.
The Watford Friendly League arranges over 200 games per week from Sept – May allowing approximately 9000 boys and girls the chance to play football in a safe and secure environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...