The Holiday Place's Youth Under 10s Football Team Wins Spring Cup!
The Hadley Wood and Wingate U10 Herons won the Spring Cup recently after beating the Everett Rovers team 2 - 0 during the finals. The youth team, who has been sponsored by The Holiday Place during the 2010-2011 season is the tour operator's latest pride.
A local London youth football team of under 10s sponsored by The Holiday Place has recently walked away with the coveted Spring Cup after achieving the winning score on the finals.
The Hadley Wood & Wingate Under 10 Herons beat the Everett Roveres 2 - 0 on the final match that made them the overall spring champions in their age group league.
The team took the lead early in the first half of the match with a well worked goal by Harry Foreman. After a period of pressure from Everett, Hadley & Wingate again stepped up the pace and were unlucky not to go two up just before half time. The second half was much the same as the first, solid defending from Hadley & Wingate and plenty of chances at the other end. Finally persistence paid off and Archie Garber scored the second with 5 minutes to go, with eager expectation from both teams leading up to the last minute.
Rejoicing in their newly found success the team thanked their year-long sponsors, The Holiday Place, who've been supporting them since the start of the 2010-2011 season.
As their sponsoring partner, The Holiday Place was behind the funding for the team's clothing equipment and also participated in the creation of its orange and white, heron-inspired design by including a special logo in the young team's football T-shirts.
Part of the Wartford Friendly League, the Spring Cup finals took place last 1st May 2011 when the two finalist teams battled it out on the field to see who would lay hands on the coveted trophy. Luck and impeccable football skills were on the side of the Hadley Wood and Wingate team of under tens, who got to lift up their prize and pose behind the "Cup Winners" banner.
The promising young herons have won their first cup with this season's win and eagerly await next season's new challenges, with the full backing of their main sponsor, The Holiday Place, who expressed their joy and pride over having supported such a team of rising stars.
The Wartford Friendly League has been providing Grass Roots Football for children in Hertfordshire and Middlesex for a number of years. Their main aim is to promote friendly football for all children of all ages or gender ranging from Under 9s teams to Under 18s. The league is linked to Watford FC's Football in the Community, Hertfordshire FA and Middlesex FA.
The Watford Friendly League arranges over 200 games per week from Sept – May allowing approximately 9000 boys and girls the chance to play football in a safe and secure environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...