The Holiday Place's Youth Under 10s Football Team Wins Spring Cup!
The Hadley Wood and Wingate U10 Herons won the Spring Cup recently after beating the Everett Rovers team 2 - 0 during the finals. The youth team, who has been sponsored by The Holiday Place during the 2010-2011 season is the tour operator's latest pride.
A local London youth football team of under 10s sponsored by The Holiday Place has recently walked away with the coveted Spring Cup after achieving the winning score on the finals.
The Hadley Wood & Wingate Under 10 Herons beat the Everett Roveres 2 - 0 on the final match that made them the overall spring champions in their age group league.
The team took the lead early in the first half of the match with a well worked goal by Harry Foreman. After a period of pressure from Everett, Hadley & Wingate again stepped up the pace and were unlucky not to go two up just before half time. The second half was much the same as the first, solid defending from Hadley & Wingate and plenty of chances at the other end. Finally persistence paid off and Archie Garber scored the second with 5 minutes to go, with eager expectation from both teams leading up to the last minute.
Rejoicing in their newly found success the team thanked their year-long sponsors, The Holiday Place, who've been supporting them since the start of the 2010-2011 season.
As their sponsoring partner, The Holiday Place was behind the funding for the team's clothing equipment and also participated in the creation of its orange and white, heron-inspired design by including a special logo in the young team's football T-shirts.
Part of the Wartford Friendly League, the Spring Cup finals took place last 1st May 2011 when the two finalist teams battled it out on the field to see who would lay hands on the coveted trophy. Luck and impeccable football skills were on the side of the Hadley Wood and Wingate team of under tens, who got to lift up their prize and pose behind the "Cup Winners" banner.
The promising young herons have won their first cup with this season's win and eagerly await next season's new challenges, with the full backing of their main sponsor, The Holiday Place, who expressed their joy and pride over having supported such a team of rising stars.
The Wartford Friendly League has been providing Grass Roots Football for children in Hertfordshire and Middlesex for a number of years. Their main aim is to promote friendly football for all children of all ages or gender ranging from Under 9s teams to Under 18s. The league is linked to Watford FC's Football in the Community, Hertfordshire FA and Middlesex FA.
The Watford Friendly League arranges over 200 games per week from Sept – May allowing approximately 9000 boys and girls the chance to play football in a safe and secure environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...