The Holiday Place's Youth Under 10s Football Team Wins Spring Cup!
The Hadley Wood and Wingate U10 Herons won the Spring Cup recently after beating the Everett Rovers team 2 - 0 during the finals. The youth team, who has been sponsored by The Holiday Place during the 2010-2011 season is the tour operator's latest pride.
A local London youth football team of under 10s sponsored by The Holiday Place has recently walked away with the coveted Spring Cup after achieving the winning score on the finals.
The Hadley Wood & Wingate Under 10 Herons beat the Everett Roveres 2 - 0 on the final match that made them the overall spring champions in their age group league.
The team took the lead early in the first half of the match with a well worked goal by Harry Foreman. After a period of pressure from Everett, Hadley & Wingate again stepped up the pace and were unlucky not to go two up just before half time. The second half was much the same as the first, solid defending from Hadley & Wingate and plenty of chances at the other end. Finally persistence paid off and Archie Garber scored the second with 5 minutes to go, with eager expectation from both teams leading up to the last minute.
Rejoicing in their newly found success the team thanked their year-long sponsors, The Holiday Place, who've been supporting them since the start of the 2010-2011 season.
As their sponsoring partner, The Holiday Place was behind the funding for the team's clothing equipment and also participated in the creation of its orange and white, heron-inspired design by including a special logo in the young team's football T-shirts.
Part of the Wartford Friendly League, the Spring Cup finals took place last 1st May 2011 when the two finalist teams battled it out on the field to see who would lay hands on the coveted trophy. Luck and impeccable football skills were on the side of the Hadley Wood and Wingate team of under tens, who got to lift up their prize and pose behind the "Cup Winners" banner.
The promising young herons have won their first cup with this season's win and eagerly await next season's new challenges, with the full backing of their main sponsor, The Holiday Place, who expressed their joy and pride over having supported such a team of rising stars.
The Wartford Friendly League has been providing Grass Roots Football for children in Hertfordshire and Middlesex for a number of years. Their main aim is to promote friendly football for all children of all ages or gender ranging from Under 9s teams to Under 18s. The league is linked to Watford FC's Football in the Community, Hertfordshire FA and Middlesex FA.
The Watford Friendly League arranges over 200 games per week from Sept – May allowing approximately 9000 boys and girls the chance to play football in a safe and secure environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...