Record number of Argentine tourists going on Cuba holidays
The number of tourists from Argentina who took Cuba holidays in April this year increased by a record-breaking 11.4 per cent compared to the same month in 2010, with 5,965 visitors from the South American country visiting the Caribbean island.
The number of travellers from Argentina who went on Cuba holidays during April, 2011, soared to a record-breaking high, according to a report carried out by the South American Cuban Tourism Information Office. Cuba received 5,965 Argentine tourists in April, marking an 11.4 per cent rise from the same month last year.
In the report, statistics showed that the number of Argentine tourists who took holidays to Cuba ten years ago reached 3,245, but one year later, these figures dropped significantly to 526 due to the impact of the severe economic crisis
in the island country.
Since 2004, the number of tourists going on holidays to Cuba has steadily increased and last year the country saw 5,352 holidaymakers from Argentina visit the communist country in April. The total amount of Argentine tourists who visited Cuba in the first four months of 2011 reached 31,972; 29.1 per cent more than the same period in 2010.
The only country which has currently marking a faster growth rate of tourists taking Cuba holidays is Russia which recorded an increase of 69.7 per cent, but with smaller volumes of visitors. By the end of April this year, Cuba received over 1,179,000 foreign visitors which is an 11.8 per cent rise compared to the first quarter of 2010.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to reach their target of nearly three million visitors this year; a target which is being helped by the influx of American travellers taking holidays to Cuba since U.S President Obama’s relaxing of decades-long restrictions.
Earlier this year, President Obama eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American tourists for the purpose of educational, academic, cultural or religious visits, allowing many school groups, organisations and cultural associations to travel to Cuba for the first time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...