Record number of Argentine tourists going on Cuba holidays
The number of tourists from Argentina who took Cuba holidays in April this year increased by a record-breaking 11.4 per cent compared to the same month in 2010, with 5,965 visitors from the South American country visiting the Caribbean island.
The number of travellers from Argentina who went on Cuba holidays during April, 2011, soared to a record-breaking high, according to a report carried out by the South American Cuban Tourism Information Office. Cuba received 5,965 Argentine tourists in April, marking an 11.4 per cent rise from the same month last year.
In the report, statistics showed that the number of Argentine tourists who took holidays to Cuba ten years ago reached 3,245, but one year later, these figures dropped significantly to 526 due to the impact of the severe economic crisis
in the island country.
Since 2004, the number of tourists going on holidays to Cuba has steadily increased and last year the country saw 5,352 holidaymakers from Argentina visit the communist country in April. The total amount of Argentine tourists who visited Cuba in the first four months of 2011 reached 31,972; 29.1 per cent more than the same period in 2010.
The only country which has currently marking a faster growth rate of tourists taking Cuba holidays is Russia which recorded an increase of 69.7 per cent, but with smaller volumes of visitors. By the end of April this year, Cuba received over 1,179,000 foreign visitors which is an 11.8 per cent rise compared to the first quarter of 2010.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to reach their target of nearly three million visitors this year; a target which is being helped by the influx of American travellers taking holidays to Cuba since U.S President Obama’s relaxing of decades-long restrictions.
Earlier this year, President Obama eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American tourists for the purpose of educational, academic, cultural or religious visits, allowing many school groups, organisations and cultural associations to travel to Cuba for the first time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...