Record number of Argentine tourists going on Cuba holidays
The number of tourists from Argentina who took Cuba holidays in April this year increased by a record-breaking 11.4 per cent compared to the same month in 2010, with 5,965 visitors from the South American country visiting the Caribbean island.
The number of travellers from Argentina who went on Cuba holidays during April, 2011, soared to a record-breaking high, according to a report carried out by the South American Cuban Tourism Information Office. Cuba received 5,965 Argentine tourists in April, marking an 11.4 per cent rise from the same month last year.
In the report, statistics showed that the number of Argentine tourists who took holidays to Cuba ten years ago reached 3,245, but one year later, these figures dropped significantly to 526 due to the impact of the severe economic crisis
in the island country.
Since 2004, the number of tourists going on holidays to Cuba has steadily increased and last year the country saw 5,352 holidaymakers from Argentina visit the communist country in April. The total amount of Argentine tourists who visited Cuba in the first four months of 2011 reached 31,972; 29.1 per cent more than the same period in 2010.
The only country which has currently marking a faster growth rate of tourists taking Cuba holidays is Russia which recorded an increase of 69.7 per cent, but with smaller volumes of visitors. By the end of April this year, Cuba received over 1,179,000 foreign visitors which is an 11.8 per cent rise compared to the first quarter of 2010.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to reach their target of nearly three million visitors this year; a target which is being helped by the influx of American travellers taking holidays to Cuba since U.S President Obama’s relaxing of decades-long restrictions.
Earlier this year, President Obama eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American tourists for the purpose of educational, academic, cultural or religious visits, allowing many school groups, organisations and cultural associations to travel to Cuba for the first time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...