Welcoming Faith Based' tourists to Jamaica holidays this month
Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, has announced that approximately 5,000 Christian cruise arrivals will be bringin devotees to Jamaica holidays in Montego Bay from 1st-4th June, 2011 to participate in the Jamaica Praise Fest 2011 on Dump Up Beach.
Approximately 5,000 Christian tourists will be arriving to their Jamaica holidays aboard the “Carnival Destiny” cruise ship where they will be participating in the Jamaica Praise Fest 2011 taking place from 1st-4th June 2011.
The cruise passengers will be arriving from the United States and will play a leading role in the event that has been named “Cruise with a Cause”; which will kick-start faith-based tourism in Jamaica.
During their short Jamaica holidays, tourists will participate in Christian ministries in schools, prisons and institutions in west Jamaica and they will deliver literature and school supplies to over 130,000 students across 230 schools.
The event is a joint effort between the renowned Praise Fest Ministries and Dove Ministries and the mission will involve activities taking place over the four day duration of this special religious affair; including a grand concert at the Dump Up Beach with Christian artists and evangelists such as Donnie McClurkin, Hezekiah Walker and Byron Cage.
The Jamaican Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, said that the event reflects Jamaica’s commitment towards the lucrative faith-based tourism market.
From 17th May to 2nd June, more than 4,000 faith-based tourists will take holidays to Jamaica, with 1,100 visitors arriving between 17th and 25th May from the World Council of Churches for the International Ecumenical Peace Convocation in Kingston.
Bartlett explained: “We are seeing a real boom, and we are expecting that Jamaica will earn pretty close to a billion dollars over that period, from the first real intervention of faith-based tourism activities.”
“I have great hope for this segment to grow and expand and, in growing and expanding, it will also enable the smaller and medium sized entities within the tourism accommodation sub-sector to find their place.”
Bartlett added that his Ministry will be committing $100,000 to support the mission and the island will welcome the influx of tourists taking holidays in Jamaica over the next few weeks which will boost occupancy levels at Jamaica hotels, local attractions and restaurants.
President of Praise Fest Ministries, Dr Matthew Dunaway, added that the objective of the mission is to bring together people of different races, ethnicity, age and denomination.
“In order for that principle of unity to come to fruition, it’s important that we realise that it’s a partnership between us and Jamaica. It’s us coming to work with Jamaica, and that’s what drives those results,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...