Welcoming Faith Based' tourists to Jamaica holidays this month
Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, has announced that approximately 5,000 Christian cruise arrivals will be bringin devotees to Jamaica holidays in Montego Bay from 1st-4th June, 2011 to participate in the Jamaica Praise Fest 2011 on Dump Up Beach.
Approximately 5,000 Christian tourists will be arriving to their Jamaica holidays aboard the “Carnival Destiny” cruise ship where they will be participating in the Jamaica Praise Fest 2011 taking place from 1st-4th June 2011.
The cruise passengers will be arriving from the United States and will play a leading role in the event that has been named “Cruise with a Cause”; which will kick-start faith-based tourism in Jamaica.
During their short Jamaica holidays, tourists will participate in Christian ministries in schools, prisons and institutions in west Jamaica and they will deliver literature and school supplies to over 130,000 students across 230 schools.
The event is a joint effort between the renowned Praise Fest Ministries and Dove Ministries and the mission will involve activities taking place over the four day duration of this special religious affair; including a grand concert at the Dump Up Beach with Christian artists and evangelists such as Donnie McClurkin, Hezekiah Walker and Byron Cage.
The Jamaican Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, said that the event reflects Jamaica’s commitment towards the lucrative faith-based tourism market.
From 17th May to 2nd June, more than 4,000 faith-based tourists will take holidays to Jamaica, with 1,100 visitors arriving between 17th and 25th May from the World Council of Churches for the International Ecumenical Peace Convocation in Kingston.
Bartlett explained: “We are seeing a real boom, and we are expecting that Jamaica will earn pretty close to a billion dollars over that period, from the first real intervention of faith-based tourism activities.”
“I have great hope for this segment to grow and expand and, in growing and expanding, it will also enable the smaller and medium sized entities within the tourism accommodation sub-sector to find their place.”
Bartlett added that his Ministry will be committing $100,000 to support the mission and the island will welcome the influx of tourists taking holidays in Jamaica over the next few weeks which will boost occupancy levels at Jamaica hotels, local attractions and restaurants.
President of Praise Fest Ministries, Dr Matthew Dunaway, added that the objective of the mission is to bring together people of different races, ethnicity, age and denomination.
“In order for that principle of unity to come to fruition, it’s important that we realise that it’s a partnership between us and Jamaica. It’s us coming to work with Jamaica, and that’s what drives those results,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy a blissful escape to this amazing five star hotel offering endless privileges steps from the Caribbean Sea
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Stay at the unique beach front Zoetry Montego Bay with Endless Privileges
- If you wish to get out and about from the resort then there is a complimentary shuttle to the Rose Hall shopping Arcade
- All Suites include dedicated butler service. This personalized service is at no extra cost
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...