Welcoming Faith Based' tourists to Jamaica holidays this month
Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, has announced that approximately 5,000 Christian cruise arrivals will be bringin devotees to Jamaica holidays in Montego Bay from 1st-4th June, 2011 to participate in the Jamaica Praise Fest 2011 on Dump Up Beach.
Approximately 5,000 Christian tourists will be arriving to their Jamaica holidays aboard the “Carnival Destiny” cruise ship where they will be participating in the Jamaica Praise Fest 2011 taking place from 1st-4th June 2011.
The cruise passengers will be arriving from the United States and will play a leading role in the event that has been named “Cruise with a Cause”; which will kick-start faith-based tourism in Jamaica.
During their short Jamaica holidays, tourists will participate in Christian ministries in schools, prisons and institutions in west Jamaica and they will deliver literature and school supplies to over 130,000 students across 230 schools.
The event is a joint effort between the renowned Praise Fest Ministries and Dove Ministries and the mission will involve activities taking place over the four day duration of this special religious affair; including a grand concert at the Dump Up Beach with Christian artists and evangelists such as Donnie McClurkin, Hezekiah Walker and Byron Cage.
The Jamaican Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, said that the event reflects Jamaica’s commitment towards the lucrative faith-based tourism market.
From 17th May to 2nd June, more than 4,000 faith-based tourists will take holidays to Jamaica, with 1,100 visitors arriving between 17th and 25th May from the World Council of Churches for the International Ecumenical Peace Convocation in Kingston.
Bartlett explained: “We are seeing a real boom, and we are expecting that Jamaica will earn pretty close to a billion dollars over that period, from the first real intervention of faith-based tourism activities.”
“I have great hope for this segment to grow and expand and, in growing and expanding, it will also enable the smaller and medium sized entities within the tourism accommodation sub-sector to find their place.”
Bartlett added that his Ministry will be committing $100,000 to support the mission and the island will welcome the influx of tourists taking holidays in Jamaica over the next few weeks which will boost occupancy levels at Jamaica hotels, local attractions and restaurants.
President of Praise Fest Ministries, Dr Matthew Dunaway, added that the objective of the mission is to bring together people of different races, ethnicity, age and denomination.
“In order for that principle of unity to come to fruition, it’s important that we realise that it’s a partnership between us and Jamaica. It’s us coming to work with Jamaica, and that’s what drives those results,” he said.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...