Award-Winning Dubai International Airport Sees Growth in Passenger Traffic
After winning the prestigious title of "Middle East's Leading Airport 2011" at the World Travel Awards, Dubai International Airport has also recorded a 13.2 per cent increase in travellers taking Dubai holidays in April 2011.
Just Recently Dubai International Airport recorded a 13.2 per cent increase in travellers taking Dubai holidays and business trips in April 2011 with passenger numbers reaching 4.23 million. During the same month last year, the airport served 3.74 million passengers and officials say that this drop in traffic was due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland last year.
The airport was named the “Middle East’s Leading Airport 2011” at the World Travel Awards for the second consecutive year and in 2009 it was named “World’s Leading Airport”.
To date, 16.5 million travellers have arrived and departed to and from their holidays to Dubai this year; an 8.5 per cent increase compared to the same period in 2010.
CEO of Dubai Airports, Paul Griffiths, said: “We have surpassed the four million passenger mark three out of the first four months of the year and that trend is set to continue.”
This year’s figures recorded a 20.1 per cent in passengers from Western Europe taking Dubai holidays, and Dubai International Airport handled 179,397 tonnes of international air freight during April; up 5.6 per cent from the 169,902 tonnes recorded during the same month last year.
Griffiths added: “Our busiest summer ever is just around the corner and we will be working hard to maintain high service levels and ensure the comfort of our customers. That includes the activation of our Summer Mission programme which deploys additional customer service personnel to help passengers pass quickly and smoothly through our airport.”
Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirates and an international business hub. The city is home to a wide collection of upscale Dubai hotels and is a popular destination for luxury holidays.
During holidays to Dubai, tourists can enjoy shopping in over 70 shopping malls and numerous traditional souks; discover the city’s unique architecture including the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, which stands at 828 metres tall and is shaped like a ship’s sail; visit the beautiful beaches; or head out of the city for a desert safari or dune bashing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...