Tour Operators promote cheap North Africa holidays
After the civil demonstrations which took part across the region earlier this year; tour operators are offering cheap Egypt holidays in an attempt to encourage travellers from all over the world to re-gain trust and book holidays to North Africa.
Travel companies and tour operators are offering travellers discounted Egypt holidays in a bid to entice tourism back to the region and other countries across North Africa, after the negative impact of the recent civil unrest recently.
TUI Travel has reduced the prices of Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt holidays by nearly 50 per cent to encourage people to book their breaks to the region. The travel company has already lost £29 million as a result of the civil demonstrations and unrest across the North African region which occurred earlier this year.
Other travel and tour operators such as First Choice, Direct Holidays, Abercrombie and Kent, Co-operative Travel and Longwood Holidays are also offering discounted North Africa holidays to entice wavering travellers.
According to the Managing Director of the Co-operative Travel, Mike Greenacre, sales of Tunisia holidays fell by 30 per cent and Egypt holidays fell by 50 per cent during March and April 2011, in comparison to the same period last year.
Last year over 24,000 Britons visited Tunisia in March, but the number of visitor arrivals in the same month in 2011 fell to 15,000, according to the Tunisian National Tourist Office.
Last month a bomb killed 15 people including British travel writer, Peter Moss, at one of Morocco’s major tourist spots, Djemaa el-Fna square. The bomb attack killed 16 people in total including French, Dutch and Canadian tourists.
This more recent attack has led to a significant decline in travellers visiting the country and a statement on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website said:
“There was a large explosion in Marrakech at the Argana Restaurant in Jema el Fna Square on 28 April 2011. The Moroccan authorities have confirmed that 16 people died and 25 were injured. Moroccan authorities continue to investigate and have made a number of arrests.
“Travellers should take sensible precautions for their personal safety and avoid public gatherings and demonstrations.”
Since the disruption in Egypt, the country’s tourism officials have been working hard to put the message across to international travellers that is once again safe to take holidays in Egypt.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...