Tour Operators promote cheap North Africa holidays
After the civil demonstrations which took part across the region earlier this year; tour operators are offering cheap Egypt holidays in an attempt to encourage travellers from all over the world to re-gain trust and book holidays to North Africa.
Travel companies and tour operators are offering travellers discounted Egypt holidays in a bid to entice tourism back to the region and other countries across North Africa, after the negative impact of the recent civil unrest recently.
TUI Travel has reduced the prices of Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt holidays by nearly 50 per cent to encourage people to book their breaks to the region. The travel company has already lost £29 million as a result of the civil demonstrations and unrest across the North African region which occurred earlier this year.
Other travel and tour operators such as First Choice, Direct Holidays, Abercrombie and Kent, Co-operative Travel and Longwood Holidays are also offering discounted North Africa holidays to entice wavering travellers.
According to the Managing Director of the Co-operative Travel, Mike Greenacre, sales of Tunisia holidays fell by 30 per cent and Egypt holidays fell by 50 per cent during March and April 2011, in comparison to the same period last year.
Last year over 24,000 Britons visited Tunisia in March, but the number of visitor arrivals in the same month in 2011 fell to 15,000, according to the Tunisian National Tourist Office.
Last month a bomb killed 15 people including British travel writer, Peter Moss, at one of Morocco’s major tourist spots, Djemaa el-Fna square. The bomb attack killed 16 people in total including French, Dutch and Canadian tourists.
This more recent attack has led to a significant decline in travellers visiting the country and a statement on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website said:
“There was a large explosion in Marrakech at the Argana Restaurant in Jema el Fna Square on 28 April 2011. The Moroccan authorities have confirmed that 16 people died and 25 were injured. Moroccan authorities continue to investigate and have made a number of arrests.
“Travellers should take sensible precautions for their personal safety and avoid public gatherings and demonstrations.”
Since the disruption in Egypt, the country’s tourism officials have been working hard to put the message across to international travellers that is once again safe to take holidays in Egypt.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Cruise on the world's longest river with 7000 years of history while enjoying 21st century comfort on the cruise liner featuring superb amenities.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment at the Lounge with its resident DJ, drinks and dancing.
- The Cruise allows you to discover the stunning sights and attractions of the River Nile in comfort.
- The hotel ship offers a comprehensive program of sightseeing which is accompanied by an expert guide.
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...