Tour Operators promote cheap North Africa holidays
After the civil demonstrations which took part across the region earlier this year; tour operators are offering cheap Egypt holidays in an attempt to encourage travellers from all over the world to re-gain trust and book holidays to North Africa.
Travel companies and tour operators are offering travellers discounted Egypt holidays in a bid to entice tourism back to the region and other countries across North Africa, after the negative impact of the recent civil unrest recently.
TUI Travel has reduced the prices of Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt holidays by nearly 50 per cent to encourage people to book their breaks to the region. The travel company has already lost £29 million as a result of the civil demonstrations and unrest across the North African region which occurred earlier this year.
Other travel and tour operators such as First Choice, Direct Holidays, Abercrombie and Kent, Co-operative Travel and Longwood Holidays are also offering discounted North Africa holidays to entice wavering travellers.
According to the Managing Director of the Co-operative Travel, Mike Greenacre, sales of Tunisia holidays fell by 30 per cent and Egypt holidays fell by 50 per cent during March and April 2011, in comparison to the same period last year.
Last year over 24,000 Britons visited Tunisia in March, but the number of visitor arrivals in the same month in 2011 fell to 15,000, according to the Tunisian National Tourist Office.
Last month a bomb killed 15 people including British travel writer, Peter Moss, at one of Morocco’s major tourist spots, Djemaa el-Fna square. The bomb attack killed 16 people in total including French, Dutch and Canadian tourists.
This more recent attack has led to a significant decline in travellers visiting the country and a statement on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website said:
“There was a large explosion in Marrakech at the Argana Restaurant in Jema el Fna Square on 28 April 2011. The Moroccan authorities have confirmed that 16 people died and 25 were injured. Moroccan authorities continue to investigate and have made a number of arrests.
“Travellers should take sensible precautions for their personal safety and avoid public gatherings and demonstrations.”
Since the disruption in Egypt, the country’s tourism officials have been working hard to put the message across to international travellers that is once again safe to take holidays in Egypt.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...