Dominican Republic Holidays Listed in Travelocity's Top Ten Family Destinations for 2011
Dominican Republic holidays have been selected amongst Travelocity's top ten favourites for 2011 summer. Its top place was awarded because of the frequency of flights to the Caribbean island, the stunning natural scenery and family-friendly accommodation.
Travel website, Travelocity has named the Dominican Republic amongst the top ten favourite destinations for family travel in 2011. The team of travel experts at Travelocity delved into the database of bookings to find out which destinations are the favourites for family holidays and discovered that holidays in the Caribbean and to the United States were the most popular choices.
The list included Dominican Republic holidays as Number 10 in the list and the Caribbean island is a popular choice because of its frequent flights, breathtaking natural landscapes and family-friendly Dominican Republic hotels and resorts.
The Travelocity list includes:
- Orlando – This American city in Florida is a fantastic place for family holidays and offers numerous theme parks including Disneyworld, competitive room rates, and plenty of family activities.
- Cancun – This Mexican city and coastal region is situated in the easternmost state of the country, Quintana Roo, on the Yucatan Peninsula. The family-friendly destination offers pristine beaches, scuba diving and snorkelling activities and historic archaeological Mayan ruins.
- Honolulu – the first of four Hawaiian destinations to be included in Travelocity’s top ten family spots and home to the famous Waikiki Beach.
- Maui – The beaches of this Hawaiian island are popular with adults and children and include white, black and red sand and plenty of fun surfing and bodyboarding opportunities.
- Kauai – This island is perfect for families looking for a chance to explore the natural environment. The secluded beaches offer tranquil surroundings and an array of watersports and land activities.
- Bahamas – The Caribbean island of The Bahamas is easily accessible with affordable flights to Nassau and the white sand beaches, turquoise waters and scuba diving spots will entertain children of all ages.
- Kona – The last of the fours Hawaiian favourites boasts snow-capped mountains, the world’s most active volcano and a wide range of family-friendly resorts and hotels.
- Puerto Vallarta – This Mexican coastal destination is a great place for family escapes with miles of beautiful beaches, warm climate, historical sites, friendly locals, zoological gardens and the popular Los Arcos Marine Natural Area which is great spot for snorkelling trips.
- Turks and Caicos – This collection of Caribbean islands is steadily becoming a more popular choice for tropical holidays. The island nation is home to and array of wildlife including Caribbean flamingos and a wide range of beachfront family resorts, restaurants and attractions.
- Dominican Republic – During family Dominican Republic holidays, tourists can relax on white sand beaches, trek up mountains, discover the island’s wildlife, and dance the merengue.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Live it up and Enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana will be located on the east coast of the Dominican Republic, in the centre of the...