Dominican Republic Holidays Listed in Travelocity's Top Ten Family Destinations for 2011
Dominican Republic holidays have been selected amongst Travelocity's top ten favourites for 2011 summer. Its top place was awarded because of the frequency of flights to the Caribbean island, the stunning natural scenery and family-friendly accommodation.
Travel website, Travelocity has named the Dominican Republic amongst the top ten favourite destinations for family travel in 2011. The team of travel experts at Travelocity delved into the database of bookings to find out which destinations are the favourites for family holidays and discovered that holidays in the Caribbean and to the United States were the most popular choices.
The list included Dominican Republic holidays as Number 10 in the list and the Caribbean island is a popular choice because of its frequent flights, breathtaking natural landscapes and family-friendly Dominican Republic hotels and resorts.
The Travelocity list includes:
- Orlando – This American city in Florida is a fantastic place for family holidays and offers numerous theme parks including Disneyworld, competitive room rates, and plenty of family activities.
- Cancun – This Mexican city and coastal region is situated in the easternmost state of the country, Quintana Roo, on the Yucatan Peninsula. The family-friendly destination offers pristine beaches, scuba diving and snorkelling activities and historic archaeological Mayan ruins.
- Honolulu – the first of four Hawaiian destinations to be included in Travelocity’s top ten family spots and home to the famous Waikiki Beach.
- Maui – The beaches of this Hawaiian island are popular with adults and children and include white, black and red sand and plenty of fun surfing and bodyboarding opportunities.
- Kauai – This island is perfect for families looking for a chance to explore the natural environment. The secluded beaches offer tranquil surroundings and an array of watersports and land activities.
- Bahamas – The Caribbean island of The Bahamas is easily accessible with affordable flights to Nassau and the white sand beaches, turquoise waters and scuba diving spots will entertain children of all ages.
- Kona – The last of the fours Hawaiian favourites boasts snow-capped mountains, the world’s most active volcano and a wide range of family-friendly resorts and hotels.
- Puerto Vallarta – This Mexican coastal destination is a great place for family escapes with miles of beautiful beaches, warm climate, historical sites, friendly locals, zoological gardens and the popular Los Arcos Marine Natural Area which is great spot for snorkelling trips.
- Turks and Caicos – This collection of Caribbean islands is steadily becoming a more popular choice for tropical holidays. The island nation is home to and array of wildlife including Caribbean flamingos and a wide range of beachfront family resorts, restaurants and attractions.
- Dominican Republic – During family Dominican Republic holidays, tourists can relax on white sand beaches, trek up mountains, discover the island’s wildlife, and dance the merengue.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...