Delta Vacations announces growth in the Dominican holidays market
After a series of successful marketing campaigns carried out by tourism officials and an increase in air seats, Delta Vacations has announced significant growth in its brand as more people are booking Dominican Republic holidays.
Last nights Delta Vacations has reported a significant growth in the Dominican Republic holidays market thanks to an increase in product offerings and air seats in the region.
The brand has seen an increase in travellers taking Dominican Republic holidays over the past two years with passenger counts 12 times greater than the period in 2009 and the number of rooms in Dominican Republic hotels increasing by 15 times during the same time frame.
The number of passengers on Delta Air Lines flights who have booked their Dominican Republic holidays through Delta Vacations doubled in 2010.
Elizabeth Moriarty, Vice President of Product Development for Delta Vacations, said: “Word is definitely spreading among travellers that Delta Vacations offers the best vacation packages to the Dominican Republic, for the very best value.
“We have experienced tremendous growth throughout the Caribbean, with the DR leading the way. In the last year, we have expanded our business in the Caribbean by 32%, with an increase in room nights in the DR of 82% to date.”
Recent figures showed that 60 per cent of passengers who were taking Punta Cana holidays on Delta Air Lines flights from Minneapolis in the United States were customers of Delta Vacations.
Travellers booking holidays in Punta Cana for their weddings will be able to choose from three new properties which have been added to the LIFESTYLE Collection of Delta Vacations. The new Dominican hotels include Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana, Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana, and Ocean Blue and Sand which will offer both free and paid weddings.
Delta Vacations has also confirmed that they will be launching a honeymoon programme this month which will be offered at ten hotels in the Dominican Republic.
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation which occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola which is shared with Haiti The country boasts white-sand-palm-fringed beaches, four mountain ranges, lakes and coastal lagoons and a warm tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...