Choice Hotels optimistic about growth of Caribbean tourism
The Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels has spoken about a revival of opportunities within the Caribbean holidays sector at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference in Jamaica.
The Caribbean holidays industry is showing signs of recovery as new opportunities are popping up around the region after the major hit of the global recession, according to the Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels.
Jose Salvador Icaza spoke at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference (CHTIC) which took place in Montego Bay from 10th – 12th May, 2011, and said that his company’s optimistic outlook was backed by positive reports from the region.
“Many properties, including those in our network, are reporting a strong winter season, a return to healthy advanced bookings, and are prepared to make aggressive marketing and franchise decisions in the months ahead as they prepare to ride out the traditionally tough summer and fall months,” Icaza explained.
Speaking just before he attended the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference, he added: “We are expecting a very powerful relationship development session with Caribbean industry movers and shakers in Jamaica.”
The director is looking forward to offering the company’s global brands to accelerate and enhance the growth of the Caribbean’s tourism sector in order to encourage more tourists to book Caribbean holidays in the near future.
“Caribbean hotel owners and operators are beginning to truly understand the value of Choice Hotels - from our powerful reservations system and global marketing campaign to revenue management tools and dedicated brand performance consultants - in building business,” he concluded.
Choice Hotels franchises more than 6,000 hotels across the world providing luxury holidays for thousands of tourists every year in 35 countries across the United States, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East, Canada and Central and South America.
Choice Hotels also franchises a number of Caribbean hotels across the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos under several of the company’s brands including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, and Ascend Collection.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...