Choice Hotels optimistic about growth of Caribbean tourism
The Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels has spoken about a revival of opportunities within the Caribbean holidays sector at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference in Jamaica.
The Caribbean holidays industry is showing signs of recovery as new opportunities are popping up around the region after the major hit of the global recession, according to the Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels.
Jose Salvador Icaza spoke at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference (CHTIC) which took place in Montego Bay from 10th – 12th May, 2011, and said that his company’s optimistic outlook was backed by positive reports from the region.
“Many properties, including those in our network, are reporting a strong winter season, a return to healthy advanced bookings, and are prepared to make aggressive marketing and franchise decisions in the months ahead as they prepare to ride out the traditionally tough summer and fall months,” Icaza explained.
Speaking just before he attended the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference, he added: “We are expecting a very powerful relationship development session with Caribbean industry movers and shakers in Jamaica.”
The director is looking forward to offering the company’s global brands to accelerate and enhance the growth of the Caribbean’s tourism sector in order to encourage more tourists to book Caribbean holidays in the near future.
“Caribbean hotel owners and operators are beginning to truly understand the value of Choice Hotels - from our powerful reservations system and global marketing campaign to revenue management tools and dedicated brand performance consultants - in building business,” he concluded.
Choice Hotels franchises more than 6,000 hotels across the world providing luxury holidays for thousands of tourists every year in 35 countries across the United States, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East, Canada and Central and South America.
Choice Hotels also franchises a number of Caribbean hotels across the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos under several of the company’s brands including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, and Ascend Collection.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...