Choice Hotels optimistic about growth of Caribbean tourism
The Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels has spoken about a revival of opportunities within the Caribbean holidays sector at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference in Jamaica.
The Caribbean holidays industry is showing signs of recovery as new opportunities are popping up around the region after the major hit of the global recession, according to the Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels.
Jose Salvador Icaza spoke at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference (CHTIC) which took place in Montego Bay from 10th – 12th May, 2011, and said that his company’s optimistic outlook was backed by positive reports from the region.
“Many properties, including those in our network, are reporting a strong winter season, a return to healthy advanced bookings, and are prepared to make aggressive marketing and franchise decisions in the months ahead as they prepare to ride out the traditionally tough summer and fall months,” Icaza explained.
Speaking just before he attended the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference, he added: “We are expecting a very powerful relationship development session with Caribbean industry movers and shakers in Jamaica.”
The director is looking forward to offering the company’s global brands to accelerate and enhance the growth of the Caribbean’s tourism sector in order to encourage more tourists to book Caribbean holidays in the near future.
“Caribbean hotel owners and operators are beginning to truly understand the value of Choice Hotels - from our powerful reservations system and global marketing campaign to revenue management tools and dedicated brand performance consultants - in building business,” he concluded.
Choice Hotels franchises more than 6,000 hotels across the world providing luxury holidays for thousands of tourists every year in 35 countries across the United States, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East, Canada and Central and South America.
Choice Hotels also franchises a number of Caribbean hotels across the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos under several of the company’s brands including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, and Ascend Collection.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...