Choice Hotels optimistic about growth of Caribbean tourism
The Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels has spoken about a revival of opportunities within the Caribbean holidays sector at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference in Jamaica.
The Caribbean holidays industry is showing signs of recovery as new opportunities are popping up around the region after the major hit of the global recession, according to the Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels.
Jose Salvador Icaza spoke at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference (CHTIC) which took place in Montego Bay from 10th – 12th May, 2011, and said that his company’s optimistic outlook was backed by positive reports from the region.
“Many properties, including those in our network, are reporting a strong winter season, a return to healthy advanced bookings, and are prepared to make aggressive marketing and franchise decisions in the months ahead as they prepare to ride out the traditionally tough summer and fall months,” Icaza explained.
Speaking just before he attended the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference, he added: “We are expecting a very powerful relationship development session with Caribbean industry movers and shakers in Jamaica.”
The director is looking forward to offering the company’s global brands to accelerate and enhance the growth of the Caribbean’s tourism sector in order to encourage more tourists to book Caribbean holidays in the near future.
“Caribbean hotel owners and operators are beginning to truly understand the value of Choice Hotels - from our powerful reservations system and global marketing campaign to revenue management tools and dedicated brand performance consultants - in building business,” he concluded.
Choice Hotels franchises more than 6,000 hotels across the world providing luxury holidays for thousands of tourists every year in 35 countries across the United States, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East, Canada and Central and South America.
Choice Hotels also franchises a number of Caribbean hotels across the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos under several of the company’s brands including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, and Ascend Collection.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...