Choice Hotels optimistic about growth of Caribbean tourism
The Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels has spoken about a revival of opportunities within the Caribbean holidays sector at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference in Jamaica.
The Caribbean holidays industry is showing signs of recovery as new opportunities are popping up around the region after the major hit of the global recession, according to the Director of Caribbean Franchise Development and Emerging Markets for Choice Hotels.
Jose Salvador Icaza spoke at the annual Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference (CHTIC) which took place in Montego Bay from 10th – 12th May, 2011, and said that his company’s optimistic outlook was backed by positive reports from the region.
“Many properties, including those in our network, are reporting a strong winter season, a return to healthy advanced bookings, and are prepared to make aggressive marketing and franchise decisions in the months ahead as they prepare to ride out the traditionally tough summer and fall months,” Icaza explained.
Speaking just before he attended the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference, he added: “We are expecting a very powerful relationship development session with Caribbean industry movers and shakers in Jamaica.”
The director is looking forward to offering the company’s global brands to accelerate and enhance the growth of the Caribbean’s tourism sector in order to encourage more tourists to book Caribbean holidays in the near future.
“Caribbean hotel owners and operators are beginning to truly understand the value of Choice Hotels - from our powerful reservations system and global marketing campaign to revenue management tools and dedicated brand performance consultants - in building business,” he concluded.
Choice Hotels franchises more than 6,000 hotels across the world providing luxury holidays for thousands of tourists every year in 35 countries across the United States, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East, Canada and Central and South America.
Choice Hotels also franchises a number of Caribbean hotels across the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Puerto Rico, and Turks and Caicos under several of the company’s brands including Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Clarion, and Ascend Collection.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...