Kempinski Hotels to expand into the Middle East and Africa
Kempinski Hotels, Europe's longest-running chain of luxury hotels is expanding into the Middle East and Africa region over the next two years as part of a strategy to double their portfolio of first class hotel properties across the world by 2015.
Europe’s longest-running chain of luxury hotels, Kempinski Hotels, has announced that they will be expanding into the Middle East and Africa luxury holidays market. The hotel chain will be expanding their portfolio of luxury hotels across the world with plans to double the number of properties by 2015.
Over the next two years Kempinski Hotels will be concentrating on acquiring properties for Namibia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Seychelles holidays. These expansions will be followed by new luxury hotels in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria.
Ulrich Eckhardt, Kempinski's President for Middle East, Africa and Indian Ocean, said: "The Middle East and Africa is an important area of expansion for us and we will continue our development strategy throughout the region. There is a worldwide fascination for this region and our brand of luxury with European flair makes us a main player in the Middle East and Africa.”
Luxury hotels by Kempinski which are scheduled to open in 2011 include the hotel chain’s first hotel in Dubai, Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah, which will feature suites comprising between one and five bedrooms; the Seychelles Kempinski Resort at Baie Lazare on the island of Mahe which is scheduled to open in October; a new hotel within the Midgard Country Estate; and the Kempinski Hotel Bahrain which is due to open in September this year.
Next year the hotel group will open further new properties including the Kempinski Al Othman Hotel - Al Khobar, in Saudi Arabia; Kempinski Hotel, Burj Rafal in Riyadh; the Kempinski Hotel, Jeddah; Summerland Kempinski in Beirut and Lebanon; and Kempinski Residences Alabadiyah Hills in Beirut.
Further plans for Kempinski Hotels are expected in Madagascar, Hammamet (Tunisia), Mozambique, Nairobi, South Africa, Casablanca, Mauritius, The Congo, Comoros, Bangladesh, Senegal, and Nigeria.
Kempinski Hotels was established in 1897 and the chain is renowned for its personal service, superb hospitality and unique luxury properties in 28 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...