Kempinski Hotels to expand into the Middle East and Africa
Kempinski Hotels, Europe's longest-running chain of luxury hotels is expanding into the Middle East and Africa region over the next two years as part of a strategy to double their portfolio of first class hotel properties across the world by 2015.
Europe’s longest-running chain of luxury hotels, Kempinski Hotels, has announced that they will be expanding into the Middle East and Africa luxury holidays market. The hotel chain will be expanding their portfolio of luxury hotels across the world with plans to double the number of properties by 2015.
Over the next two years Kempinski Hotels will be concentrating on acquiring properties for Namibia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Seychelles holidays. These expansions will be followed by new luxury hotels in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria.
Ulrich Eckhardt, Kempinski's President for Middle East, Africa and Indian Ocean, said: "The Middle East and Africa is an important area of expansion for us and we will continue our development strategy throughout the region. There is a worldwide fascination for this region and our brand of luxury with European flair makes us a main player in the Middle East and Africa.”
Luxury hotels by Kempinski which are scheduled to open in 2011 include the hotel chain’s first hotel in Dubai, Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah, which will feature suites comprising between one and five bedrooms; the Seychelles Kempinski Resort at Baie Lazare on the island of Mahe which is scheduled to open in October; a new hotel within the Midgard Country Estate; and the Kempinski Hotel Bahrain which is due to open in September this year.
Next year the hotel group will open further new properties including the Kempinski Al Othman Hotel - Al Khobar, in Saudi Arabia; Kempinski Hotel, Burj Rafal in Riyadh; the Kempinski Hotel, Jeddah; Summerland Kempinski in Beirut and Lebanon; and Kempinski Residences Alabadiyah Hills in Beirut.
Further plans for Kempinski Hotels are expected in Madagascar, Hammamet (Tunisia), Mozambique, Nairobi, South Africa, Casablanca, Mauritius, The Congo, Comoros, Bangladesh, Senegal, and Nigeria.
Kempinski Hotels was established in 1897 and the chain is renowned for its personal service, superb hospitality and unique luxury properties in 28 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...