Kempinski Hotels to expand into the Middle East and Africa
Kempinski Hotels, Europe's longest-running chain of luxury hotels is expanding into the Middle East and Africa region over the next two years as part of a strategy to double their portfolio of first class hotel properties across the world by 2015.
Europe’s longest-running chain of luxury hotels, Kempinski Hotels, has announced that they will be expanding into the Middle East and Africa luxury holidays market. The hotel chain will be expanding their portfolio of luxury hotels across the world with plans to double the number of properties by 2015.
Over the next two years Kempinski Hotels will be concentrating on acquiring properties for Namibia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Seychelles holidays. These expansions will be followed by new luxury hotels in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria.
Ulrich Eckhardt, Kempinski's President for Middle East, Africa and Indian Ocean, said: "The Middle East and Africa is an important area of expansion for us and we will continue our development strategy throughout the region. There is a worldwide fascination for this region and our brand of luxury with European flair makes us a main player in the Middle East and Africa.”
Luxury hotels by Kempinski which are scheduled to open in 2011 include the hotel chain’s first hotel in Dubai, Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah, which will feature suites comprising between one and five bedrooms; the Seychelles Kempinski Resort at Baie Lazare on the island of Mahe which is scheduled to open in October; a new hotel within the Midgard Country Estate; and the Kempinski Hotel Bahrain which is due to open in September this year.
Next year the hotel group will open further new properties including the Kempinski Al Othman Hotel - Al Khobar, in Saudi Arabia; Kempinski Hotel, Burj Rafal in Riyadh; the Kempinski Hotel, Jeddah; Summerland Kempinski in Beirut and Lebanon; and Kempinski Residences Alabadiyah Hills in Beirut.
Further plans for Kempinski Hotels are expected in Madagascar, Hammamet (Tunisia), Mozambique, Nairobi, South Africa, Casablanca, Mauritius, The Congo, Comoros, Bangladesh, Senegal, and Nigeria.
Kempinski Hotels was established in 1897 and the chain is renowned for its personal service, superb hospitality and unique luxury properties in 28 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...