Kempinski Hotels to expand into the Middle East and Africa
Kempinski Hotels, Europe's longest-running chain of luxury hotels is expanding into the Middle East and Africa region over the next two years as part of a strategy to double their portfolio of first class hotel properties across the world by 2015.
Europe’s longest-running chain of luxury hotels, Kempinski Hotels, has announced that they will be expanding into the Middle East and Africa luxury holidays market. The hotel chain will be expanding their portfolio of luxury hotels across the world with plans to double the number of properties by 2015.
Over the next two years Kempinski Hotels will be concentrating on acquiring properties for Namibia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Seychelles holidays. These expansions will be followed by new luxury hotels in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria.
Ulrich Eckhardt, Kempinski's President for Middle East, Africa and Indian Ocean, said: "The Middle East and Africa is an important area of expansion for us and we will continue our development strategy throughout the region. There is a worldwide fascination for this region and our brand of luxury with European flair makes us a main player in the Middle East and Africa.”
Luxury hotels by Kempinski which are scheduled to open in 2011 include the hotel chain’s first hotel in Dubai, Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah, which will feature suites comprising between one and five bedrooms; the Seychelles Kempinski Resort at Baie Lazare on the island of Mahe which is scheduled to open in October; a new hotel within the Midgard Country Estate; and the Kempinski Hotel Bahrain which is due to open in September this year.
Next year the hotel group will open further new properties including the Kempinski Al Othman Hotel - Al Khobar, in Saudi Arabia; Kempinski Hotel, Burj Rafal in Riyadh; the Kempinski Hotel, Jeddah; Summerland Kempinski in Beirut and Lebanon; and Kempinski Residences Alabadiyah Hills in Beirut.
Further plans for Kempinski Hotels are expected in Madagascar, Hammamet (Tunisia), Mozambique, Nairobi, South Africa, Casablanca, Mauritius, The Congo, Comoros, Bangladesh, Senegal, and Nigeria.
Kempinski Hotels was established in 1897 and the chain is renowned for its personal service, superb hospitality and unique luxury properties in 28 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...