Cayo Santa Maria Beach in Cuba named amongst Top 25 beaches in the World
Cayo Santa Maria's beaches have been named amongst the Top 25 beaches in the world by TripAdvisor for their picturesque landscapes, warm azure ocean waters and the selection of luxurious Cayo Santa Maria hotels.
TripAdvisor has named the beaches of Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba amongst the Top 25 beaches in the world. The tourist resort of Cayo Santa Maria is located in the northeast of the central Cuban province Villa Clara and the main stretch of Cayo Santa Maria beach was ranked number 21 on the list of Top 25 beaches in the World.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel website, has recently announced the winners of the 2011 "Traveller's Choice Awards" using information from over 20 million reviewers to select the awards within the Top 10 or Top 25 categories.
The best features of the Cuban beach were highlighted by reviewers and include the beautiful landscapes, pristine and warm waters, and the quality of services, guest rooms and cuisine within its five beachfront Cayo Santa Maria hotels: Melia Buenavista, Melia Las Dunas, Melia Cayo Santamaria, Sol Cayo Santa Maria and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria.
With an overall capacity of nearly 3,000 rooms available from all inclusive Cuba hotels in Cayo Santa Maria, travellers can relax within the beachfront surroundings where they can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities from any of the area's 24 snorkelling and diving points along the stretch of coast.
Cayo Santa Maria boasts 11 kilometres of pristine beaches and is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects it to the area of Caibarien, in Villa Clara in Central Cuba.
The Top 25 beach spots were awarded to beaches in the United States, Europe, Asia, Canada, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central and South America.
The white sand beaches of Providenciales in Turks and Caicos won the top spot on the world's Top 25 beaches and other beaches around the world that ranked in the list included Boracay in the Philippines, Eagle Beach in Aruba, Negril beaches in Jamaica, Tulum beaches in Mexico, and Punta Cana's beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Indulge all your senses on a luxurious stay in Havana and upon the coast of Cayo Santa Maria
- Indulge in Cayo Santa Maria's natural beauty, now deemed a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel boasts a roof top swimming pool that overlooks the central park in Havana
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel has an enviable beachfront location in Cayo Santa Maria, the perfect place to relax and unwind in exclusive luxury
Relax and enjoy every minute of your holiday at Melia Habana and Melia Buenavista
- Relish soothing massages and spa treatments at Melia Buenavista
- Unwind upon the deserted beaches of Cayo Santa Maria at Melia Buenavista
- Melia Habana Hotel boasts stunning views of bustling Havana, Mirimar and the coast
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a luxury Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
- The Melia Habana stands out for its spacious lobby, decorated with tropical plants and the hotel also has the largest swimming pool in Havana
Wander the magical streets of Old Havana, marvel at the architecture, then splash in the azure waters of a tropical island paradise, Cayo Santa Maria
- Discover both Cuba’s historical capital, Havana, but also the stunning white beaches of Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy modern facilities and design at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy colonial grandeur and Cuban art at Havana's Saratoga hotel.
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Get into the Cuban spirit while you take some time off and relax for 15 days at the amazing all-inclusive Sol Cayo Santa...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...